Game-Labs Forum

Remove dock ship number limitation for capital

I would like to store more ships in capital. With the introduction of special ships, my dock will be soon full.

Or the limit of 5 can be only for SOL if capturing ports is a concern.

(I didn't find the real reason for limiting the number to five per city.)

• Like 2

It prevents the hoarding of ships. Forcing you to break them down for crafting, sell them, or put them on the market, etc. I see no issue with limiting the number of ships to 5 in ports. Perhaps there could be a feature similar to 'Expand Warehouse' where you buy more harbor space for your ships.

• Like 3

I would like to store more ships in capital. With the introduction of special ships, my dock will be soon full.

Or the limit of 5 can be only for SOL if capturing ports is a concern.

(I didn't find the real reason for limiting the number to five per city.)

we keep it low initially to see if we can handle all the data on the servers. If everything works fine during this early access we might allow more docks in Capitals.

• Like 5

@Valgard: I know i can have ships in other outposts. The problem for me is that I will have weeks when I cannot play (not even log in) because of my job. If ownership of the normal port changes, I will lose access to them. I play for small nation so in case GB decides to completely decimate us, they will probably do so by their numbers. Any non capital port is unsafe for me.

@AKD: economy will flourish more if I can buy more ship then I manage to lose in pvp, so it is pointless argument.

@maturin: I think there is no need to punish players who like to collect ships. Only result would be that fewer people will play NA. For example I would like to keep the cutter I won my first pvp with. It is a small thing but it can keep people attached to the game. Maybe some mechanism like stasis with cooldown and very small fee would work. I can imagine that it could be potentially exploited. That's why I suggest removing the limit for capital only or limiting only SOLs.

I'd like to be able to pay for have more ship slots too but not just in the capital. As a shipbuilder it's hard to manage with just 5. I build to order and sometimes I've had 3 ships waiting to be picked up as folks are offline. Having a trade ship is needed too so that takes up one slot. I had to move one of my redeemable to my other outpost (that's 2 hours sail away hehe)

• Like 1