Game-Labs Forum

Captain StonedSmurfz - Dishonourable conduct

JJWolf

I, Captain JJ Wolf of the British Royal Navy allege at approximately 1830 AEDT (0730 GMT) on the PvE server, the British Captain known as StonedSmurfz, entered my midshipman admiralty mission and waited for me to grind down the adversary's (Pirate) vessel and then swooped in to steal the prize. StonedSmurfz stole a Privateer vessel that was rightly my prize for the taking by virtue of the extent to which I battled the adversary.

The battle started with my reducing the pirate vessel below 80% sails with chain munitions after which I then switched to ball munitions to reduced the adversary's hull armour to approximately 50% on both sides.

The accused hung back from the fight and further reduced the adversaries sails to approximately 75%.

I then switched to Grape munitions and closed to within spitting distance of the adversary and proceeded to 'duke it out' in close by raking his decks with grape while forcing him to constantly turn into the wind, reducing his crew from 69 to 24, while this occurred the accused continued to hang back.

Once the crew had been sufficiently reduced, it was at that moment when the accused crashed into the adversary just fore of midship and quickly pulled him behind me, grappling the adversary. I was then forced to sail around the melee and return to the adversary's side to attempt a grapple of my own of which I succeeded but was unable to finish him off before the adversary disengaged me with 3 crew remaining only to be quickly and cheaply cleaned up by the accused.

This conduct of a fellow British captain, StonedSmurfz, in stealing prizes is unbecoming and I request the alleged be sanctioned for his actions.

Edited by JJWolf

all prizes belong to the player doing the most dmge to him. There is no such thing as stealing. Its thoe person who does more dmge gets it.

For the next run if you cant convince your "ally" to let the ship go. Shoot a bit on the hull to make sure you did more dmge than him.

Also: if it was wthout any chat possibility Id say let the case go.

I had a similar case yesterday where I wanted to cap a trader. But my "ally" went ahead and shot him so ofthen that he got the kill and the ship prize. Instead of me who was waiting forever to tack a trader ship.

And the devs mentioned in the past that people can steal your prizes in the form of boarding ships you've already captured and sailing off with them, friendly or enemy.

all prizes belong to the player doing the most dmge to him. There is no such thing as stealing. Its thoe person who does more dmge gets it.

For the next run if you cant convince your "ally" to let the ship go. Shoot a bit on the hull to make sure you did more dmge than him.

Also: if it was wthout any chat possibility Id say let the case go.

I had a similar case yesterday where I wanted to cap a trader. But my "ally" went ahead and shot him so ofthen that he got the kill and the ship prize. Instead of me who was waiting forever to tack a trader ship.

I did the most damage to the adversary's hull by reducing it to around 50% on both sides and reduced the crew to 24 while the accused simply reduced the sails more. If prizes were based on damage I would have been awarded the prize. He boarded it twice including when it was down to 3 crew so he managed to finish it off in boarding to be awarded the prize. The mission was mine, the highest damage dealt was from me, and I had prepped to capture it yet simply because he can poach the prize he shouldn't be sanctioned? I would rather they allow me to host a local instance so I can play SP than put up with dishonourable fellow captains being allowed to legally steal prizes without repercussions. I could have attacked him after the battle but would have been branded a pirate, though I chose the gentleman's path of appealing to the British Royal Navy to sanction their captain for the dishonourable action.

I was under the assumption that only players in a group could enter combat together on the PvE as I've never had anyone drop in before and never was allowed into other battles, so I was surprised when he waited for me on the OW and then jumped into my battle to steal the prize.

If the captain is not to be sanctioned then I shall endeavour to place the dishonourable scum's ship in Davey Jone's locker should he dare enter another of my battles and plead my case for amnesty afterwards.

Edited by JJWolf

I will not claim to be 100% certain, as i experiance it the Prize goes to the one who boards succesfully, if not boarded then we go back to most damage for the kill award.

NO "positive" xp from firing at ally's as it is already, but allow it so that we may bring Justice to dishonourable players, Sandbox rigth....?  

Edited by Peder Matchbox

I will not claim to be 100% certain, as i experiance it the Prize goes to the one who boards succesfully, if not boarded then we go back to most damage for the kill award.

NO "positive" xp from firing at ally's as it is already, but allow it so that we may bring Justice to dishonourable players, Sandbox rigth....?  

Green on green damage is not permitted, period.  Firing on a fellow national will cause you to be a pirate.

Yeah I don't board much anymore, but when did they change this rule on prize ownership?  I always thought whoever wins the boarding gets the ship, and you have to shift+rclick->release to all for another player on your team to take it.  Are we are talking about someone from the enemy side took the ship?  I feel like I'm missing something here...

There is no rule against what he did. I think maybe that the poster is asking at least for a rule to be made. If it is going to be fixed then I don't think that is necessary.

Hint....   Next time someone does that then ram his ship and push him off your prey. It will instantly break boarding combat and he will have to wait the 50 seconds or so before he can reengage allowing you some time to grab your prize back. Just watch your leaks.  You don't have to hit him hard. Just nudge him off.

Would be nice for a formal rule of engagement to be against this sort of thing. Otherwise, notifying the large clans through diplomatic means is likely the best course of action. They can alert their members to be wary of that individual. It'll minimize their impact on the community and sort itself out in the long run.