Game-Labs Forum

Sorry, I quit. Refund?

So basically whatever they did to wipe everything has left me dead in the water. Wipe left me with nothing but my Rank. How goddamn ridiculous. Got a basic cutter and due to my rank I'm stuck playing 2nd Lt missions. Of course I'm forced to attack 2x ships almost every. single. time. Also these ships are much bigger every time.  Thats great, maybe I can use my Yacht.  Nope, the guns you get on the cutter don't work on the yacht. Can't beat a 2nd lt mission in a paper cup to make money for a set of guns.

So here I am stuck, unable to play or progress due to sever out classing on match making against ai. Cant play a new character because I get the same exact line up of naval briugs, snows, pickles and what have you against that crap box cutter. 

Thanks for taking my money then giving me nothing to play in return.

Sounds like a bug that you got wiped of everything but your rank, I've never heard of that unless you've been caught exploiting the game.

Report the bug and move on. As a 2nd LT you should have enough money saved to afford guns for your redeemable Yacht, but if not, why not just find a suitable target on the OW? There's a ton of 7th and 6th rates sailing around solo, especially in starter areas. That's how it was done before missions even existed (that's how we all leveled up then, so it's perplexing to hear you treat this as a complete dead end for your gameplay).

Find a trader's brig or trader's cutter carrying contraband near your starting town.  Come up along side her, pound her with whatever guns you have.  Profit.  You'll have enough in no time to afford 12lb carronades and you're off to the races.

As with the others, I'm confused as to how you have your rank but nothing else - sounds like you loaded the PvE server instead of the PvP server.  Please recheck that and get back to us.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I'm going to copy over exactly what i said in the reddit thread.

To the OP, you need to stop focusing on the missions they aren't exactly a great way to grind since they have RECENTLY been implemented. Either ask someone for help in the nation chat (more likely for somone to be near you) or look for easier prey or hell why not both?

Putting carronades on a yacht easily kill anything up to brigs but anything above navy brig will be suicide, but i wouldn't really recommend putting them on as a new player as you will be prone to mistakes and going after bigger ships than you is usually a bad plan especially if you are just starting out. You need to know the game mechanics, the ai and the ships to be able to take anything on in smaller ships. I would recommend attacking trader ships, be careful of trader snows they have carronades on the top deck and hurt if you are hit.

And unless you have been using an exploit your ships vanishing is more than likely a bug. Which is expected since its an alpha.

The yacht is also a premium ship, which you get for preordering. Its to prevent you from spamming it. So the rule isn't as stupid as you think. You can buy a basic cutter in the "ships" section in port FREE OF CHARGE but you have to actually click the class of ship you wish to buy to get the option to purchase one. They are free because people make mistakes, and if you lose a ship and have no money, well its not exactly a fun experience to have to restart a character.

So please, you don't actually need a refund, you just need some guidance, which you can easily get by asking instead of making a rage post in both the forums and on reddit.

Edited by Dutch Dutchery
  • Like 5

So basically whatever they did to wipe everything has left me dead in the water. Wipe left me with nothing but my Rank. How goddamn ridiculous.

Did you by any chance move to PVE server?  Only rank is saved between the servers.

So basically whatever they did to wipe everything has left me dead in the water. Wipe left me with nothing but my Rank. How goddamn ridiculous. Got a basic cutter and due to my rank I'm stuck playing 2nd Lt missions. Of course I'm forced to attack 2x ships almost every. single. time. Also these ships are much bigger every time.  Thats great, maybe I can use my Yacht.  Nope, the guns you get on the cutter don't work on the yacht. Can't beat a 2nd lt mission in a paper cup to make money for a set of guns.

So here I am stuck, unable to play or progress due to sever out classing on match making against ai. Cant play a new character because I get the same exact line up of naval briugs, snows, pickles and what have you against that crap box cutter. 

Thanks for taking my money then giving me nothing to play in return.

Than don't do Missions for a bit. Attack an NPC in OW, Trader for instance, capture, sell, buy new guns..

And don't cry because of bugs.. Remember you joined in as a Tester.

Here's the thing with retaining ranks between servers...

Player joins PVE server plays a month gets to post captain.. decides he's going to give it a go on the pvp server.. oops he has no gold and a yacht, and his missions will be tossing frigates at him..

Get rid of sharing anything between the servers.

• Like 7