Game-Labs Forum

Large Merchant Ships Needed

In my opinion larger merchant ships should be brought in the game sooner rather than later, ie; within the next several patches. I think it is more important to have more merchant ships than adding another SOL (sorry Bucentaure fans!)at the moment.

I am thinking a ship like an East Indiaman with significant armament so it can carry a lot of cargo but is a challenge to capture in a smaller ship. In the player choice poll such a ship was voted in (VOC schip Amsterdam) see this thread:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/3922-voc-ship-amsterdam-a-call-for-help/?hl=amsterdam

I think variety in the merchant fleet is important as we begin testing crafting and trading increases.

• Like 14

I can confirm this one might be in development and could hit the oceans when Econ is added. Stay tuned. 

Nice one!  

Probably Bonhomme Richard (Duc de Duras, 1765) would fit in well, as it's originally a french merchant ship built for French East-India company.   It lost the latest voting but many people were posting plans and pictures for it.

• 4 weeks later...