Game-Labs Forum

Sarcastic replies

Capt-Pugwash

Just reading a post of yesterday "update question" and I found the reply unnecessarily antaganistic. For myself this is the first forum I have ever been on and unfortunately I also have asked questions when the answer is staring me in the face. Not everyone is computer savvy and a little patience when answering would be appreciated or if you cannot do that then keep your comments to yourself.

• Like 2

Just in case you are referring to my slip (appeals to me anyway):

For me, it´s not the first forum i´ve been on - but the first in years where i actually take part at a greater deal ;).

The internetz can be a bit nerve-wrecking at times, and yesterday the circumstances were just right for me to let it happen.

Sorry ´bout that - guess i lived up to the character behind my forum name -_-. Thanks for the advice, i will try and comply in the future.

This is the internet, people have anonymity and can pretend to be or act however they like with little if any penalty for their actions. Being on any internet site that has interaction between others requires you as an individual to have a thick skin and a sense of humour and not be politically correct as required by the falseness of the corporate world . This is the cold stark reality of it.

The I/net if made up of folks from all over the world with different cultures, ages, moral standards and backgrounds. It is naive to think this would be a happy place where everyone acts appropriately to one n other.

It would appear your also British, sarcasm is a major part of your culture, it's what makes the British humour stand out from the rest.

You should ask yourself, 

• Do I respect this person that is being sharp with me?
  • Do I know this person who is being sharp with me?
  • Does this person know me?

If the answer is NO to all 3, then ignore it as if it were a spoilt child. By responding you may actually be falling for their baiting.

Edited by Terox

You are absolutely right Terox, and that´s what i usually roll with.

But you have to admit: Pugwash has a great sense of picking the right forum to start with  :D. And he naturally avoids namecalling.

This, and the fact that the NA-forum is such a nice place to be in, is why i don´t bother to take the time and say sorry - even if it wasn´t directed at me :rolleyes:  (got a bit ballsy in a thread last night too, that´s why i thought he would). 

Totally legitimate to open this topic, as it fits right into the atmosphere the forum-mods and many testers established here. :wub:

• Like 1

I must admit, I consider these forums to be extremely mild and well behaved, so I was a bit surprised to find Capt Pugwash's thread here :)

Edited by Terox

Thank you to bring this topic, Sir.

Ive checked this user's latest post and It seems he just had a short "slip" into the dark unfriendly side of life.

We mods try to do our best but after every update there is a flood of new posts and topics which makes it hard to get everything sorted out.

If you see someone continuesly beeing unfriendly and abusive please go a head and report that person.

All in all we are happy to see this game's community is for ~99% of the time a very nice and civilized place to discuss.

• 2 weeks later...

Just reading a post of yesterday "update question" and I found the reply unnecessarily antaganistic. For myself this is the first forum I have ever been on and unfortunately I also have asked questions when the answer is staring me in the face. Not everyone is computer savvy and a little patience when answering would be appreciated or if you cannot do that then keep your comments to yourself.

Welcome to the world of discussion forums!. Please ignore the pretentious arseholes, they get everywhere.

This is by FAR one of the friendliest game forums on the Internet. There will always be some rough spots, but this forum is a good place to start participating in forums. It's downright pleasant most of the time.

• Like 2

I don't spend much time on other game forums besides this one but I spend a lot of time on various forums of interest. This one is pretty tame in my opinion with the occasional uproar.

Very tame  B).. a slight argument gets attention fast.