Game-Labs Forum

Release plan announcement (Update 7/5/2014)

Nick Thomadis

It has been a while since our last news. There has been a slight delay with our release schedule but we still work hard on the game and we are almost ready to start sharing beta keys for our limited Steam version and of course to deliver the Early Access edition. Please read below our official statement about current status.

Thanks again for your support. A new blog post will follow with video and images explanations. Stay alert!

Hello everyone - thanks for your patience and support.
We really appreciate it and are extremely honored to be making this game for you.

Here is an update on what's going on.

• We are fixing some AI and gameplay bugs for the final build that will be submitted for Steam approval within next week or two. It is an Early Access edition - meaning there will be some things that don't yet work as intended. The goal for this edition is to gather your feedback on the gameplay, balance and AI, + find bugs that we could not find ourselves.
  • While we are getting the Valve approval we will invite up to 30-50 volunteer testers on our forums to try the limited version of the game in order to quickly check for the obvious flaws. 2 scenarios will be given out to players - first engagement of the Gettysburg battle and the battle for Devils Den.
  • Once Steam grants the approval, we will finalize the store page and open up Early Access sales. We cannot yet say exactly when it will happen as we dont know how long the approval will take.
  • Over the course of the early access (30-40 days) we will work with you on getting the game tuned and improved and start adding the multiplayer component.
  • In the next 4-5 days we will start posting regularly on the final product vision: tactics, ai, control and other gameplay elements.
  • Price for the Early access edition will be 10 US Dollars. Price might go higher for the release version.

After majority of feedback and multiplayer gets into the game the release version will come out.

19/2/2014 "We got the greenlight"

Ultimate General: Gettysburg has been greenlit!
post-42-0-59868000-1392850289.png

Read the news!

Old message at the start of campaign

Finally we have begun our campaign for Steam Greenlight!
With your support we will soon be able to offer the game in Steam Early Access.

Steam Early Access service will help us speed up the development and finalise the game for all platforms.
PC: Windows, Mac, Linux
Tablets/Smartphones: iOS, Android

>>Vote for Ultimate General: Gettysburg<<

More info about the game is available in our frontpage:

http://www.ultimategeneral.com

We will soon publish more images, videos, interesting info about our game.

Wish us luck!

post-42-0-73027800-1392210065_thumb.jpg

post-42-0-59868000-1392850289_thumb.png

• Like 1

Just got my 4 kids, all of whom have separate Steam accounts, to vote for this. Somewhat Nixonian in feel since none of them are interested but that's their loss, and they're not grounded now.  ;)

Thank you mate!!!

we are in top20 today! chances are better and better.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a long time since I posted on this forum but I just want Nick (Darth Vader to me always) and his great team to know that I WILL support you with my wallet and I can't wait to play this wonderful tactical game!  This game will be a masterpiece!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...