Game-Labs Forum

Release plan announcement (Update 7/5/2014)

Nick Thomadis

It has been a while since our last news. There has been a slight delay with our release schedule but we still work hard on the game and we are almost ready to start sharing beta keys for our limited Steam version and of course to deliver the Early Access edition. Please read below our official statement about current status.

Thanks again for your support. A new blog post will follow with video and images explanations. Stay alert!

Hello everyone - thanks for your patience and support.
We really appreciate it and are extremely honored to be making this game for you.

Here is an update on what's going on.

• We are fixing some AI and gameplay bugs for the final build that will be submitted for Steam approval within next week or two. It is an Early Access edition - meaning there will be some things that don't yet work as intended. The goal for this edition is to gather your feedback on the gameplay, balance and AI, + find bugs that we could not find ourselves.
  • While we are getting the Valve approval we will invite up to 30-50 volunteer testers on our forums to try the limited version of the game in order to quickly check for the obvious flaws. 2 scenarios will be given out to players - first engagement of the Gettysburg battle and the battle for Devils Den.
  • Once Steam grants the approval, we will finalize the store page and open up Early Access sales. We cannot yet say exactly when it will happen as we dont know how long the approval will take.
  • Over the course of the early access (30-40 days) we will work with you on getting the game tuned and improved and start adding the multiplayer component.
  • In the next 4-5 days we will start posting regularly on the final product vision: tactics, ai, control and other gameplay elements.
  • Price for the Early access edition will be 10 US Dollars. Price might go higher for the release version.

After majority of feedback and multiplayer gets into the game the release version will come out.

Excellent news. I just bought a new bike and put tires on my car (350 bucks each!  :(  )  so I'll start robbing pennies from my kids' lunch fund so I can pick this up as soon as it's available as an Early Access release. That is of course based upon the assumption that I won't be fortunate enough to receive a volunteer tester hat on either scenario <humble cough>.

This must be very exciting for you guys, having brought this from conception to ... well ... I guess the waters just broke? Best of luck for the final push.

Great news!!! Looking forward to it and would love to help with testing this game and will definitely grab it when it goes to early access. This looks to be the Civil War I have been looking for since I played the Sid Meier's.

Alright, nice to hear things are moving along.  I have been checking on this game every few days and have replayed Sid Meier's Gettysburg because of it.  I can't wait.  

p.s. throw me a beta key...... please?

Wow, sounds great! I'll have to pick up the Early Access right away, since you guys deserve every penny for developing this game, and I have every confidence that it'll be an incredible and the long awaited gem that this genre needs. 

I shall await eagerly! :)

Absolutely great news.

Flying High Again!

Hope this will be the start of something similar to back when I first saw the Shogun: Total War game on a shelf in the local shop back in 2000...

Ahem, just not with the total de-evolution afterwards... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ZZZzzzzz, 

Just a quick update on the beta test in steam.  UGGs been up and running and testing is ongoing.  The tester's responses are being reviewed and the next iteration for the beta test will be out soon.  

I have no idea what the development team schedule looks like or when early release will be available.  Nick did give an update yesterday under the topic of Beta Testers.

• Like 1