Game-Labs Forum

Alcohol vs Sea

Bart Smith

Bought today some crafted beers:

Broadside - commemorating the battle of Solebay from 1672 between England and Dutch. Strong dark ruby beer (6,3%) with fruitcake flavours taste great with cheddar:

di-ER4B1RQX.jpg

Second - Trade Winds - scottish light golden colour elderflower and citrus notes. 

di-8I8LDZJT.jpg

Share yours adventures with sea themed alco:P

• Like 2

Right :) looks nice

Here are 2 more common (both you can buy below 20 quid):

Lambs - Navy Rum:

di-KN8RAYGA.jpg

and something for "rats" - cheap Morgan Spiced Rum

di-FFJ0JBOO.jpg

Finally - classic polish strongest "white" beer - Kaper (8,7 %) (means Privateer):

di-Z4D5ITXU.jpg

Personally not big fan of rum...but maybe somebedy will like it:) Soon next batch of crafted beers saw today two interesting...more info soon

Edited by Bart Smith

Though not my all time favorite rum, the name has a lot of meaning.  Having graduated from the US Coast Guard Academy, I spent many years in Chase Hall.  Chase Hall was named after the training schooner Chase that cadets were trained on for a number of years in the 1930's.  That schooner became part of the Coast Guard after being captured during prohibition loaded with booze.  Yep, that rum runner was the Kirk and Sweeney.

ks_bottle-rg-use.jpeg

The rum runner Kirk and Sweeney:

Rumrunner_cargo.jpg

For beer, there's nothing wrong with Edmund Fitzgerald.

DSC_2107.jpg

• Like 1

How could I forget a lighter beer option?  Meantime IPA (honestly, one of the few IPAs I truly enjoy).  Named for their location in Greenwich, the Meantime brewery puts out a number of good beers.  Unfortunately, their London Porter, Mocha Porter and IPA are the only one's I've been able to acquire in Alaska.  As it's the far side of the world, I guess that's understandable (though I still say unacceptable).

image13.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got 2 new beers to test:

Dragonhead -  is a legendary stout: dark, intense and fully-flavoured it is our tribute to the Vikings and their cultural legacy in Orkney. On the nose, this black stout has a smooth roasted malt aroma giving bitter chocolate, dark roasted coffee and smoky notes balanced by hints of spicy Goldings Hops. On the palate, the dark roasted malts combine to give a rich, rounded palate of chocolate, toast and nut, with a satisfying spicy hop finish:

di-1VF0H3QN.jpg

Atlanitc - Pale Ale - golden pale ale with blend of citrus notes, juicy tropical fruits with touch of candy floss and hop zest:

di-YDJ7APE6.jpg

And here is famous Plymouth Gin  - will try it some day ...

di-DMH8WBZ5.jpg

Bought today some crafted beers:

Broadside - commemorating the battle of Solebay from 1672 between England and Dutch. Strong dark ruby beer (6,3%) with fruitcake flavours taste great with cheddar:

di-ER4B1RQX.jpg

Second - Trade Winds - scottish light golden colour elderflower and citrus notes. 

di-8I8LDZJT.jpg

Share yours adventures with sea themed alco:P

nice