Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.4 Feedback<<< (1.4.1.1 Opt x2 latest version)

Nick Thomadis

a few examples of random generated convoy battles (not invasion) from the battletypesex-resources.assets (removed unimportant information). it al lcomes down to what is available within range. Unsure if it uses ships from different ports to generate, never really checked that.

nIVhIhA.png

Edited by MDHansen

The "Control Radius" issue where the AI blocks your ports by parking ships right next to them really does need an urgent fix, it's absolutely insane that submarines can also do this and permanently block ports because the game doesn't let you automatically generate a mission to destroy whatever unit is blocking the port. 

I currently have a 300 ton submarine physically blocking 166,000 tons of warship from moving out of San Francisco due to this issue.........

• Sad 2

I've also had issues where a Battle Fleet is stymied at Gibralter or Suez by a craptastic light cruiser.

On that Issue, Gibralter, have you seen it? You can't lock it up without a full battle fleet. Should only be able to lock it with a fleet in port, even then I think you should be able to force it. (Suez can be shut by any idiot driving a boat so that's fine.)

All of those SHOULD generate Meeting engagements.

At the bottom of the Red Sea I usually post a blocking force in front of Djibuti and that works generally as I intend. I get meeting engagments and/or the AI goes around.

• Like 1

Yes to fixing the absurd blockages.   Was in the Adriatic and with well over a million in several battlefleets, and could not exit the sea due to 1! TB.   One TB....  after several turns I found I had several CL outside the Adriatic and sent them as close as possible to the TB.   It finally f'd off.   You'd think the TB would have been blocked with CLs to one side and battlefleets to the other but it nonchalantly meandered off to the south.

EDIT I mean obviously the mouth of the Adriatic is like a 100 miles or something.   So of course the TB could leave.   I am trying to point out the illogic of it, the TB can block 4 battlefleets from exiting the Adriatic but in turn CANNOT be blocked from leaving even when a cruiser squadron is 'blocking' the TB 'escape route' past what is really a 100 mile 'mouth' of the adriatic.   Whats good for the goose is good for the gander?   The TB can block multiple battlefleets but a stout cruiser squadron in turn cant block the TB?   Just weird....

Edited by GrantK
  • Like 2

One thing that would really really enhance the fleet actions....  in the old fighting steel you had a 'turn altogether' and a 'turn in sequence'.   In this game we only have the latter.   It would be so very very handy to 'turn altogether'.   

Look at the maneuvering of Cunninghams BBs at Matapan.   He is in line, he turns altogether, all BBs point towards the Italians, then he turns back into line, opens the firing arcs....

This is absolutely standard for fleet maneuvers.   Imagine not having to detach a ship to avoid torps, just turn them all in or away, then back into line.   Like Jutland.    Or retreat or advance without totally destroying 'the line', or worse yet staying in line and at the turn point every ship gets pounded as the line rounds the turn.

Its fleet maneuvers 101?   It would be a real enhancement.

• Like 4

For some reason I can no longer select 'continue fighting' when a peace proposal comes up.   I tried exiting the game, rebooting the computer, waiting like a half hour, nada.   If peace is offered I have to select yes or sit there stubbornly for ever, with the box mocking me with slight jiggles as I try to select 'keep fighting'.  I can instantly select 'peace'.

??

Sorry, this may be due to using the rebalance mod as I am trying out for a Japan campaign.   However others on vanilla may experience the same?

Edited by GrantK

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.4 Feedback<<< (1.4.0.8 Opt latest version)

Uploaded optimized version including the following:
- Battle AI improvements so that it is overall more effective and not desire to keep a large ineffective distance as it happened before.
- Fixed potential problem which could cause AI task forces to get stuck when their ships were in "Low Fuel" state, so they would be unable to refuel.
- Auto-Design further optimizations reducing the time it needs to accomplish its goals in an effective manner. This is not final. We will continue to improve this aspect to reduce further the campaign generation time and overall turn times.
It is mandatory to restart Steam to get this update without possible issues. Steam may not update the game successfully for players who tend to leave their PC and Steam client open for a large amount of time

• Like 3

I think some positive feedback is fair as well.

The ground campaign actions now have a fairly logical sequence.   They seem tied to what you are up to with the fleet and invasions.

There are a lot of ways to play the game.   If it turns out that nose fuse HE and thinwall shells just burn everyone down, and this seems immersion breaking, well you can start selecting capped HE and different bursters.

If it seems too much information is given about the opposing fleet, eg torp reloads etc, well you can just ignore the information.   Dont want to know?  Dont look.

And I like finding that helping minor allies with building ships for them means when they send ships to your fleet action they are usable, they are actually the ones you built for them.   A criticism concerning this is the oft repeated plea to be able to build a ship as 'refit', instead of the odd process of building it and then immediately refitting.   In context for minor allies I ponder whether to build a ship for them which does not have the latest goodies, why cant I build them the refit version?   Same reason I cant build a refit version directly I guess.   But its nice you build ships for Greece and then have the immersion of having a greek DD of fair capability leading your DD line into action.   

Its a good game.   It still feels not quite built, but in with a shout?

When the target range is found the bonus is really fairly enormous.    I have a book I downloaded on fire control systems and while I can agree that if you finally get the target range, speed, and azimuth correct, you can score a lot of hits.....  fine.   But in game we have enormous hit probabilities after this bracketing and it swings battles.   

It should be a thing.   But try halving the bonus.   I know its a game....   fair enough.   But who are the target audience and might they accept more difficulty in sinking ships?   I would for starts.      Or a button selecting 'real hit probabilities' vs 'arcade hit probabilities'.   Something like.

1 hour ago, Nickthenuker said:

i7-11800H, Laptop 3070, 32 GB 3200 RAM, should be plenty for a game like this. 

Yeah, that’s a nice rig. After you crash , go into your windows event viewer> application logs and check what the event says for the crash. 
I’m an IT guy I just get obsessed over figuring this stuff out.

A year ago it seemed that the AI kept old junky ships around forever.  The community pointed it out and the developers answered.  Now, I have noticed on this campaign is the AI scraps ships after nine years.  That seems pretty quick.  I keep my car longer than nine years.  That seems too aggressive....especially for capital ships.  On the little wait screens we see pictures of HMS Warspite and her 30 year service.   

Good progress in general, that said, torpedoes in general still feel kinda hit or miss.  Like when I get a beautiful T-cross on a bunch of slower dreadnoughts with a couple squads of destroyers and they refuse to fire. Or when only the lead ship in the formation will launch.  I'm perfectly happy with not getting hits, torps were just as much an area denial weapon, and even with the ai's matrix level dodging it still disrupts their formation. I really would love to be able to launch, wheel around, and launch the other side consistently. 
But it does feel bad when some crippled little armored cruiser gets to always fire off its submerged tubes, and my DD's with pretty great fire arcs don't shoot. 

3 hours ago, lordcmdr said:

Yeah, that’s a nice rig. After you crash , go into your windows event viewer> application logs and check what the event says for the crash. 
I’m an IT guy I just get obsessed over figuring this stuff out.

For some reason despite turning the laptop on and off again for the past few days, what ended up working was manually restarting it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nickthenuker said:

For some reason despite turning the laptop on and off again for the past few days, what ended up working was manually restarting it. 

Yeah with windows 10/11 by default a shutdown doesn’t clear memory, but a restart does.

12 hours ago, o Barão said:

Are you guys seeing a lot of AI ship with low fuel status?

In my experience, the latest update has generally fixed this issue for TFs but "low fuel" still happens sometimes, even for ships going out on a mission from the port.

• Like 1

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.4 Feedback<<< (1.4.0.8 Optx2 latest version)

Uploaded optimized version x2 including the following: 
- Further optimizations on auto-design, making it faster and more effective, affecting positively campaign generation and turn times.
It is mandatory to restart Steam to get this update without possible issues. Steam may not update the game successfully for players who tend to leave their PC and Steam client open for a large amount of time 

• Like 5