Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

1 hour ago, JaM said:

Yeah, i think if you move through their zone of control, there should be always battle following.. AI can always decide to run, but force them do so on the battlefield.

Well, the problem is you can not move into their zone of control (only on the outer rim of control circle), that's why battles are not generated. Zones of control shoul'd be navigable but triggering battle, not cemented as impassable and thus battles can not be generated.

battles do get generated for me, by moving in to enemy zone of control (or as you say, "on the rim"). If a hostile TF boxes me in, I move close to it, and battle gets generated.

1 hour ago, Zuikaku said:

Well, the problem is you can not move into their zone of control (only on the outer rim of control circle), that's why battles are not generated. Zones of control shoul'd be navigable but triggering battle, not cemented as impassable and thus battles can not be generated.

Well, That should be something they should fix as first..

• Like 1

Uploaded Repaired version including the following:
- Fixed temporary turn lag problem caused by unoptimized fixes for Power Projection calculations.
- Fixed some issues of Refit mechanics: Potential wrong refit time calculations, Auto-Refit potential ineffectiveness causing also turn lags.
- Fixed minor issues in Alliance logic.
- Fixed a minor issue in VP calculation which though could create wrong outcome (Defeat instead of Victory).

Please restart Steam to get the update fast

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Uploaded Repaired version including the following:
- Fixed temporary turn lag problem caused by unoptimized fixes for Power Projection calculations.
- Fixed some issues of Refit mechanics: Potential wrong refit time calculations, Auto-Refit potential ineffectiveness causing also turn lags.
- Fixed minor issues in Alliance logic.
- Fixed a minor issue in VP calculation which though could create wrong outcome (Defeat instead of Victory).

Please restart Steam to get the update fast

Way smoother! Just a quick couple of peacetime turns on lunch break and it's working much better, thanks

Very smooth now, nice job!

If i may ask for one thing, could it be possible to highlight the borders between sea zones in some way? Sometimes i want to put some ships on a blockade but there's some areas that are a bit ambiguous so a light border would be useful.

• Like 5

I don't know if it's intended, but any change to the armament of a ship (adding or removing any gun) takes about 15 months for the refit. Now i wouldn't mind if i were replacing the whole main and secondary battery with different stuff, but the same thing happens if i remove a single 2" gun and it's waaaaaay too excessive in that case.

Edited by Aurora
  • Like 2

Just wondering, are you seeing long refit times for all hulls or just obsolete hulls? I've noticed that the long refit times seem to only be happening on obsolete hulls. May be a change to discourage retaining old hulls.

In a similar vein, I think the AI has been changed so that it won't but mothballed obsolete hulls, which may link into the recent change that the AI was updated to scrap obsolete hulls more rapidly, so it stops the AI buying your obsolete ships just to scrap them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coheed said:

Just wondering, are you seeing long refit times for all hulls or just obsolete hulls? I've noticed that the long refit times seem to only be happening on obsolete hulls. May be a change to discourage retaining old hulls.

Nope, same thing happens on a modern ship, 11 months to remove a couple of single 6" secondary guns from a 45k tons BB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kineuhansen said:

is there a reason the peace treaty is grey out

These are the conditions in the game files to trigger a peace treaty.

peace_min_vp_difference,10000,minimum VP difference from enemy to trigger Peace Negotiations Event,15000,,,,,,
peace_enemy_vp_ratio ,1.5,minimum VP ratio of Winner for Peace Negotiations Event,,,,,,,
peace_vp_sum_prolonged_war,45000,minimum VP sum (Player+Enemy) to check for peace negotiations,,,,,,,
peace_treaty_chance_per_month,20,base chance to have peace after peace event,,,,,,,
peace_event_cooldown_turns_rnd_max,5,max. turns to trigger new peace negotiations after previous event,,,,,,,

• Like 2

Some really erratic formation stuff going on. Ships overrunning each other, then getting into a pig pile alongside each other. Mostly it's my destroyers, they are 37 knotters, but the catch up boats are going as high as 68kts, and then they can't slow down because they don't anticipate it. It might be more realistic for the lead ship to slow down a bit, but how that plays out in shortened "game time" I don't know. Just in the last two patches or so, a little worse now.

also noticing while you (game programming) sometimes try to put all ships in Battle line formation, you don't always, and I would really just like all my ships placed in Battle Line Ahead formation if we can't choose our own. Screen just sucks, maybe it's ok in the super early game pre RDF, but after that I just hate it. I can put my ships into Screen from a starting Line, but not so much vice-versa without it getting messy.

you really need to take a look at blocking actions. If you want to stop me, you have to actually fight it out.

All that being said, Britain went from being 88% in my favor but it's allies are at war with me, to War in a single turn, which is fine I've been looking at all that prime real estate in the Caribbean, and I put more than one-hundred K tons of BC into the med a few years back because the Austrians are jerks, in any case, I have a fleet of modern BC's heading for Gibraltar and so far blowing up things in their way, which is key to triggering the invasion, which can be supported by fleets coming up from New York on the Atlantic side because 120K is not enough.

Also in this Playthrough so far barely 1910, Spain died after I took their overseas possessions, but really fast and early, and then France died after pissing off everyone but me. so national stability still might need a tweak or two

You know I found the Map Color Overlay button (little scroll upper right) after seeing someone show it and I Love it, really makes the map more readable for political stuff. How come I didn't know about it earlier?

For anyone wondering when to use the Research Jam buttons (besides early game to get real engines and fuel), it's Late Game when everyone usually complains about weight additions, jam two of them on Hull Construction and Armor Forging and leave them there and your boats will get lighter. Sometimes I go back and forth if I'm still researching other needs or if I'm not at the point where my economy is dumping 5 billion a turn into research. The other time to use the Jam Buttons is when your ships get heavy, then Hull-Armor-Fuel-Engines are always where you put your efforts, Hull is particularly effective because you get rid of flaws and speed up build times as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, o Barão said:

These are the conditions in the game files to trigger a peace treaty.

peace_min_vp_difference,10000,minimum VP difference from enemy to trigger Peace Negotiations Event,15000,,,,,,
peace_enemy_vp_ratio ,1.5,minimum VP ratio of Winner for Peace Negotiations Event,,,,,,,
peace_vp_sum_prolonged_war,45000,minimum VP sum (Player+Enemy) to check for peace negotiations,,,,,,,
peace_treaty_chance_per_month,20,base chance to have peace after peace event,,,,,,,
peace_event_cooldown_turns_rnd_max,5,max. turns to trigger new peace negotiations after previous event,,,,,,,

That’s very interesting! Turning those into plainer English for those who don’t speak computer 😄:

1.    The difference in VP between you and your enemy must reach or exceed 10,000 before the initiation of peace negotiations.
    2.   In order to trigger peace negotiations, the winner must have a VP ratio that is at least 1.5 times higher than the loser’s VP.
    3.   The combined VP of both you and your enemy must reach or exceed 45,000 before the game triggers the evaluation for potential peace negotiations.
    4.    Once the conditions are met there is a 20% chance each month for peace to be triggered.
    5. There must be a cooldown period of up to 5 turns before the game can initiate new peace negotiations after a peace event has occurred.

For example if you have 30,000 VP and the enemy has 15,000 VP you’d meet the criteria and the option would be available to push for peace if there hasn’t been an attempt by you or the random peace option in the last 5 turns. On the other hand if you’ve got zero vp and so does the enemy then pushing for peace is impossible.

Edited by brothermunro
  • Like 3

"Ships overrunning each other, then getting into a pig pile alongside each other. Mostly it's my destroyers"

Or, and I havnt tried this yet, it could be that I missed the steering section and Steam Steering cannot control much past 18kts-ish.

Let me refit all the ships not at sea and see what pops up in a convoy

PS, assaulting Gibraltar now. If that was a fix for blocking missions it's great so far

13 minutes ago, jw62 said:

"Ships overrunning each other, then getting into a pig pile alongside each other. Mostly it's my destroyers"

Or, and I havnt tried this yet, it could be that I missed the steering section and Steam Steering cannot control much past 18kts-ish.

Let me refit all the ships not at sea and see what pops up in a convoy

PS, assaulting Gibraltar now. If that was a fix for blocking missions it's great so far

Yep, My bad. I did get the 70 year old wooden boat's diesel running IRL today, so i can't be all bad

She did hang up on Prepare for Battle, but she saved so no problem jumping right back after restarting game.

much smoother all round, better text box placement, Log still needs a total redo, all the prior lists of changes especially the map, etc, etc.  But coming along very nicely. Really a great concept, nothing wrong with dreaming big and stretching your legs.

I think you should clean up what you have, really polish it and add some more hulls, houses, photos, and then I think you should start laying out the Grand Concept for Dreadnoughts II, which could go 1905ish to Vietnam? Falklands? Carriers and Flight should get its own set up, although it would be a blast to play early with scout planes on cruisers. If you started from scratch with what you've learned to rebuild and add on to it, I'd pay money for that.

• Like 1

I feel as if taking a nations home territory is a bit easy. In my current Japan game, Germany is conquering its way through Europe after having subjugated parts of China, and it's doing so without much effort. Furthermore, the taking of territory, especially the home soil, should bring about a much larger gain in VP than it does rn

• Like 1