Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

1: Enemy nations making 100+ destroyers and almost no capital ships is no fun. 

2: Still cannot get close to ports at some places during naval invasions if an enemy fleet is next to them.

3: 112k VP for me and 3k VP for the British= minor victory and 582 mil in reparations not even close enough to get territory and only enough to get a few outdated ships (DDs and CLs). War is not worth anything at this point.

4: Enemy still retreats for example my 1 BB and CL made the British force of 1 BC, 3 CA, and 12 DDs retreat before even getting to fire a shot why????

5: 1950 end game date is too soon not enough time to dominate the world.

6: The enemy fleet simply torpedo spams the area and really makes it hard to enjoy a battle when you have 50 or more torpedo's to dodge especially when their fleet consists of mainly destroyers.

At this point the campaign is not as enjoyable as it should be there are many other small things that make the campaign simply a pain in the ass.

Edited by Kiknurazz91
  • Like 4

AI splits its fleet into too many tiny task forces currently, making it very hard to get those large satisfying battles.

Moreover, they spread the ships out too much and don't even bother with having any kind of home fleet. I think it would be better if the AI tried to have at least some max limit task forces.

2 hours ago, Kiknurazz91 said:

3: 112k VP for me and 3k VP for the British= minor victory and 582 mil in reparations not even close enough to get territory and only enough to get a few outdated ships (DDs and CLs). War is not worth anything at this point.

If you want big reparations with lots of territory, you often need to make use of naval invasions to make the wars last longer so you can farm more victory points. Especially later on in the campaign, where the value of each territory is much higher. 200-300k VP should be the goal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panzergraf said:

AI splits its fleet into too many tiny task forces currently, making it very hard to get those large satisfying battles.

Moreover, they spread the ships out too much and don't even bother with having any kind of home fleet. I think it would be better if the AI tried to have at least some max limit task forces.

If you want big reparations with lots of territory, you often need to make use of naval invasions to make the wars last longer so you can farm more victory points. Especially later on in the campaign, where the value of each territory is much higher. 200-300k VP should be the goal.

The highest I've ever gotten is 142k but ill try to get to that 250-300k mark. As far as the AI fleet goes I agree something should be done as 20 destroyer and 2 or 3 capital ships is not at all realistic and makes for a horrible battle. Capping the AI task force at only a certain amount of ships per task force would be great. Also in 10 years AI fleets go from 80-100 ships to well over 400 and they are 85% destroyers. It really clutters up the map and makes the turns run slow so capping a max total ship number for the AI would help a lot also.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Kiknurazz91 said:

The highest I've ever gotten is 142k but ill try to get to that 250-300k mark. As far as the AI fleet goes I agree something should be done as 20 destroyer and 2 or 3 capital ships is not at all realistic and makes for a horrible battle. Capping the AI task force at only a certain amount of ships per task force would be great. Also in 10 years AI fleets go from 80-100 ships to well over 400 and they are 85% destroyers. It really clutters up the map and makes the turns run slow so capping a max total ship number for the AI would help a lot also.

To be fair... The US built 235 Flush Deck Destroyers before 1922.

US surface fleet numbers at that time were-

10 Dreadnoughts, 11 Standard Class BBs, and 19 Cruisers (mixed Armored and Protected, the Omahas would come online the next year). And 235 Destroyers. So that is 40 Cruiser and larger assets, and 235 destroyers, so 275 total units.

The US Navy's surface fleet in 1922 was 85.45% Destroyers.

Edit, actually bigger because the South Carolinas were retired in 1921 and the Florida/Delewares were starting to be phased out.

Edited by ijp8834

27 minutes ago, ijp8834 said:

10 Dreadnoughts, 11 Standard Class BBs, and 19 Cruisers (mixed Armored and Protected, the Omahas would come online the next year). And 235 Destroyers. So that is 40 Cruiser and larger assets, and 235 destroyers, so 275 total units.

Edit, actually bigger because the South Carolinas were retired in 1921 and the Florida/Delewares were starting to be phased out.

That's great and all but the game lacks the management tools to make that feasible to the player. The AI can build and manage way more ships then most players will ever have the patience for with the limited functionality we have.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ijp8834 said:

Yes it did but that's before 1922 and that is 250 total ships. I played a campaign starting in 1920 and by 1935 the largest navy was 814 ships with 600 and some being destroyers. It wouldn't be an issue but when the taskforces are made up of 80% or more destroyers it means all you'll do is get to dodge torpedo's for 10 minutes. In WW2 the average task force 58 had about 2 destroyers per capital ship and one destroyer per CA and LC. TF-58 was still even divided into groups which had an even smaller number of ships. So I'm encountering the average task force of 1 BB, 2 BC, 1-4 CA, 1-4 LC, and 10-20 destroyers. This is absolutely absurd considering the average fleet by 1935 had about 500 ships. I had 162 ships at my largest ship count. It needs to be managed better as was stated above this post.

• Like 3

Britain collapsed and its been a feeding frenzy all over the planet to gobble up all the ungoverned territory! very nice. 1 problem though, well 3 so far, I'll hit yes that i agree to a conquest, and it seems to act like i hit no. As US, 1910 start all 3 of the locations that have buged out have being in the Caribbean in common. Jamaica, greater Bahamas and British Guiana. there should be a big conquest circle around it but nothing. Conquest of Malaya and Singapore worked correctly when i hit yes though.

*edit

add Haiti to the list of buged conquests. thats not even ungoverned.

Edited by Fangoriously

7 hours ago, Kiknurazz91 said:

4: Enemy still retreats for example my 1 BB and CL made the British force of 1 BC, 3 CA, and 12 DDs retreat before even getting to fire a shot why????

I have BCs retreating from a CL and six DDs.  

What is even more court martial-able is they are supposed to be defending a convoy.  Hard to defend the convoy when at the first sign of danger, they run away.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, applegrcoug said:

I have BCs retreating from a CL and six DDs.  

What is even more court martial-able is they are supposed to be defending a convoy.  Hard to defend the convoy when at the first sign of danger, they run away.

Nothing new. :)If you will learn history of WW2, there was such case, when British war ships leaved convoy and run away, because of news about submarines. Many cargo ships was then sunk.

2 hours ago, kineuhansen said:

so many hulls and towers this game is missing from battleships battlecruisers heavy cruisers light cruisers

Not just that... sometimes you have front or rear towers that match each other available at different times or not at all, which is quite frustrating..

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kineuhansen said:

so many hulls and towers this game is missing from battleships battlecruisers heavy cruisers light cruisers

Models will be not create by itself. Team is small, it is not so easy to pay good designers. If you want to do historically accurate ships, you need to see photos, tech. documentations, ...  So devs used simple trick of resizing of many objects models everywhere, when was possible. Still, it seems, that critical bugs are more important to fix for now.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Schmitty21 said:

Something seems bugged with allied fleets. Minor powers are showing up to battles with ships I've designed but never sold to them. 

Yes, this just happened to me as well

8 hours ago, Schmitty21 said:

Something seems bugged with allied fleets. Minor powers are showing up to battles with ships I've designed but never sold to them. 

Seems minors will build ships designed by majors, including the player nation. I often see them building ships with names obviously belonging to major nations (for example Russia or Japan).

I've seen minors I've not been allied with build my designs too, and ended up facing them when that minor nation was allied with an enemy major nation.

Not sure if it's bugged or just how things work.

• Like 1

1. Put the ships back where you find them, I put them there for a reason

2. I know we've gone over this before, Fix the Map, it's a pain in the rear to operate in Asia, Russian far east, or Pacific, and it looks terrible. Noumea is just a sad

3.The right hand info panel should have little flags of your allies on it, a flag should pulse if the rotten weasels are dropping your alliance right after ordering 6 battleships, or even if not. That Info panel is our cabinet Secretary, so it should be used to keep us informed, it would be nice if under each flag was a notation for how many and what type of ship I'm building them, or even just a total tonnage under construction, because I can't reference that with the pop-up

4. The left side log needs to hold all the turns info so we can read it, it only holds so much and then cuts off. It's also hard to read because it is dimmed during the turn of the month, and either scrolls really fast or barely at all.

5. I literally keep a book for those long stern chase gigs, I've got the complete Sharpe's series for now, its a sad thing, but my relaxation time is limited and I can't fritter it all away staring at the ass of the boat ahead, If; Two boats head in the same direction for more than one game minute give me another notch of game speed

6. Major powers could use a bit more resiliency in the home states, although I like the chaos since it adds replayability, but they need a little more home stability.

7. All reference to Guns anywhere in the game should always include Mk.

8. Fix the info windows, I can never see what I want to read for all the pop-ups in the way

9. I'm just shy of 3000 hours in the game (it has been a long recovery from last year, and this game is crack for naval architects) so don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining, I'm cheering you on to greatness, and the major leagues.

10. Keep you heads down and survive, really great work under really trying circumstances.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2023 at 6:22 PM, Panzergraf said:

I am a bit of a conservative player but I don't know if I have ever been at war with a country and gotten much above the 100k victory points before the country goes belly up and the war was worth nothing but the naval prestige.  Additionally it seems most countries only get a single good campaign against me or an AI country and once they get beat up pretty decently it is all downhill from there.

It's just an issue that VPs don't scale properly (or make that much intuitive sense in playing the game either).  That territory that was worth like 20k victory points in 1910 shouldn't cost 250k victory points in 1935 just because its GDP is a lot higher from growth as its still worth about the same to the home country because their home provinces and other provinces have grown by the same amount (or roughly enough).  And not scaling properly makes the snowball effect even worse because of how much harder it is to try to regain territory or to take other territory after you have lost some of your own because you have to do so, so much more.  

Suggestion for AI dissolving - Every single province in game, should have a "home faction" assigned. When Empire dissolves, it should "release" all provinces into "home faction" owner. This way, If Britain dissolves, it loses all seaborne colonies, but Britain as it is would stay in game and would start from scratch.. Similarly - Austria-Hungary, if it gets dissolved, every region with different owner would get its independence (CzechoSlovakia, Hungary, etc..) with Austria remaining..

At the same time, Home provinces should be negotiable with peace deals, and Winner of war should not be able to keep home provinces of different country. Instead, he should be compensated the price of the province. Again, this would help keep majors in game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JaM said:

Dont you think this is a bit too much? (playing as USA)

image.thumb.png.7101ba40a57e55fe2704b63653d95ebc.png

Too much for what? The number of ships an AI can wield? Nah, that's usual.

GDP of a country? Not really, when playing as Germany from 1890, at 1934 the AI US got 4,5 Trillion Dollar and the UK at 3 Trillion, France around 1.5 Trillion.

Oil Production? Yes, definitely.

21% growth? 12.5% is my max growth while playing US

41 minutes ago, Vinrellren said:

Too much for what? The number of ships an AI can wield? Nah, that's usual.

GDP of a country? Not really, when playing as Germany from 1890, at 1934 the AI US got 4,5 Trillion Dollar and the UK at 3 Trillion, France around 1.5 Trillion.

Oil Production? Yes, definitely.

21% growth? 12.5% is my max growth while playing US

Did UK ever fielded 43 BBs??? and i dont mean ships of the line... And more importantly, is game even capable handling such huge number of ships... i had battles with 120 TBs before...

13 minutes ago, JaM said:

Did UK ever fielded 43 BBs??? and i dont mean ships of the line... And more importantly, is game even capable handling such huge number of ships... i had battles with 120 TBs before...

Task force sizes are limited by total crew numbers, so you won't get 43 BB's in one battle.
But I had it happen back in 1.08 or something, before task force sizes were limited. Lots of fun.