Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

To be fair is is annoying that you can hammer the enemy for a massive amount of war reparations.  They beg for peace, then they don't give you half of the provinces you have requested and it's peace.

You should at least have the option to carry on the war if they don't want to give up the province's.  Or they shouldn't be offered as a option to begin with

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Narbar said:

To be fair is is annoying that you can hammer the enemy for a massive amount of war reparations.  They beg for peace, then they don't give you half of the provinces you have requested and it's peace.

You should at least have the option to carry on the war if they don't want to give up the province's.  Or they shouldn't be offered as a option to begin with

It should tell you "failed negotiations" again if þey won't give you 100% of what you ask for.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Deadpan_Alpaca said:

6) no way to affect political drift if the regime allows political parties - highly successful victorious navy definitely would have political influence at least due to the fact that said navy consists of people in the end

I would also like to see something related to this.
So for example, before every election journalists could ask you which party you support. If the player has a lot of Naval Prestige, he is likely a big national hero. More prestige = more people swayed by player opinion. Of course that could come with some Unrest too, as a lot of people would likely not approve of the "hero admiral" pushing political opinions on the public (so there might be an option to not publically support either party, which could reduce unrest, too).

• Like 3

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9 Rx6)

Uploaded Repaired Version x6 including the following:
- Further aiming optimization. Works more consistently and costs much less in fps performance.
- Fixed 2 reasons that could cause a campaign turn to freeze. Bugs were related to pathfinding and minefield calcs but could show up freeze during "Relationships" or "Building" processes for the player.

Please restart Steam to download the update fast.

• Like 4

Game stutters and ships violently rock when changing weaþer again.
Game stutters when highlighting or unhighlighting a ship.
Ships zig-zagging while in AI-Control occasionally
Ships set to AI under Player Control start running away as soon as contact is made wiþ þe enemy. My Destroyers and CLs shouldn't be 24 klicks away from þe battle. Þey should all stay inside of Torpedo Range if possible until þey've fired, þen speed off until þey're done reloading for anoþer run.

Requesting measurements in Nautical Miles instead of Kilometers.

Edited by Urst
  • Like 1

There are options in the menu but yeah, nautical miles on the campaign map would be nice. I'd also like the option to see distance to target in battle mode displayed in yards as most books historically discuss battles of the period in terms of yards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Admiral Donuts said:

Just suffered two torpedo hits without ever seeing the incoming torpedoes. I have Sonar.

The situation was this...the weather had just turned foggy. I was near point blank range of their torpedo throwers. Well within their range. But I didn't have to actually spot the torpedoes, since I had sonar. But it seemed to quit in the fog.

The following month I had a similar situation with far more screening enemy, but had no trouble seeing the incoming in the clear weather. I'm wondering if there is a broken mechanic in which sonar becomes ineffective in fog?

• Like 1

Here's the situation - I'm playing as Germany. I'm in an alliance with the United States. I don't want to be.

Shortly after going to war with AH, the US made peace with them. The opportunity arose to FINALLY cancel the alliance, so I did. Very pleasantly alone again, I took the war to the stinking Austrians. Now, a few months later, I learned that the US declared war on them again.

And suddenly, I'm back in an alliance with the US.

I spoke to the foreign minister about it, who has now been replaced with someone who is alive.

HOW THE HELL ?!? They're dug into me like a tick. I sure hope this isn't by design.

On 6/25/2023 at 1:34 PM, HopefullAdmiral0786 said:

Dear All,

As a NEW PLAYER I am struggling how to work out how I can invade a minor nation. I am playing as Japan with an 1890 start date. Before taking on any of the major powers, I fancied expanding and conquering Korea (in order to keep a semblance of histroical reality). However, despite having placed a 150,000 ton fleet adjacent to the Korea's south-eatern port, set the orders to invade, the fleet just appears to sit there for 10, 20 or more turns doing nothing!

I'm sure this must be possible as the AI major nations seem to be invading minor nations constantly, many of which are not adjacent land borders (Russia invaded Eqypt as an example).

I'm sure this is a basic question, but as a beginner please have some sympathy and if anyone has a 'step-by-step' guide that would be greatly appreciated.

You don't really have that control. In the game, your role is that of a naval chief of staff or defense minister or something - your government tells you who to fight and gives you a budget, you are then responsible for figuring out the best way to make it happen.

With regards to relationships with other major nations, you have SOME control - either by deploying your navy in your opponents backyard to rile up tensions, or by doing a little naval diplomacy to raise/lower tensions as desired. There are potential negative consequences to this (enough unrest or loss of naval prestige from failed diplomatic operations will get you fired), and it doesn't always work.

TBH, with the economic penalties of active war, the need to grow GDP in order to get the budget to support higher-tech combatants, and the long build times of capital ships, I've found that I'm happiest with fairly long periods of peace between conflicts, and that if I just leave my ships in port and wait, the civilian leadership will invariably find me something to shoot at, often before I'd prefer.

13 hours ago, Schmitty21 said:

В меню есть опции, но да, морские мили на карте кампании были бы кстати. Я также хотел бы, чтобы расстояние до цели в режиме боя отображалось в ярдах, поскольку в большинстве книг исторически сражения того периода обсуждаются с точки зрения ярдов.

Most of the books are in your language. In our system, the distance is measured in cable lengths. I hope the translator translated our term correctly.

4 hours ago, Airzerg said:

Most of the books are in your language. In our system, the distance is measured in cable lengths. I hope the translator translated our term correctly.

"Cable lengths"?  Sorry, but this term did not translate well to English.  If it helps, here are the units of measure and their abbreviations that @Schmitty21was referring to.

Nautical Miles == NMI or nmi == equals 1.151 statute miles (what Americans think of for distance on land) or 6,076 feet
Yards == yd == equals 3 feet or 0.9144 meters

• Like 1