Game-Labs Forum

"Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA v11.2 - for UAD v1.5.1.3

o Barão

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA v1.1.2 - for UAD v1.4.0.5

I built an 1890 Japan CA using the Hybrid Light Cruiser hull. Initial displacment was 3699/4100. I then made some refits and all 13 or 14 of them have been refitted a couple times, and those refits were probably in the 4099/4100 when they were saved. However, now when I open the most recent refit model it looks like this:

image.thumb.png.cfbd8370261d1eba2270c87bd63a4ddc.png

So I guess some techs have increased the mass of components on the thing? Other than just NOT refitting them anymore, and/or waiting for additional techs to bring the displacement back below 4100, any methods for dealing with this?

Any easy way to figure out what changed that added ~235 tons to it?

Edited by Anthropoid

2 hours ago, Fangoriously said:

I've encountered the build only subs bug several times. I think nick mentioned that if the auto design just can't come up with anything, that's all it builds. So I don't think adjusting build chance will help.

If that’s the reason that’s extra annoying as I’m running an ‘always’ shared design campaign with a bunch of designs loaded ☹️ I will investigate this ‘submarines’ file 😄 I assume though I can’t remove them from an existing game, or is it the save file I need to be tinkering with?

1 hour ago, brothermunro said:

If that’s the reason that’s extra annoying as I’m running an ‘always’ shared design campaign with a bunch of designs loaded ☹️ I will investigate this ‘submarines’ file 😄 I assume though I can’t remove them from an existing game, or is it the save file I need to be tinkering with?

I think you need a new campaign to avoid any issues. Unless you want to spend hours digging the save file to remove all the subs from the save file. 😁

• Thanks 1

Running both vanilla and my own supermod, and running MelonLoader/UnityExplorer in the background, I'm seeing alot (ALOT) of failed builds, every turn through a game.
And starting a new campaign is utter madness in failed builds, probably a reason why it takes soo long to simulate the start of a new game. Many times the message "unable to build anything for <nation>" appears (nation will still have some ships, so not sure exactly how accurate that message is).
The biggest culprits are under/overweight and empty barbettes. The empty barbette thing puzzles me, it should not be possible. Just schtick something on there...

...and to the point, this might be why there are so many subs, in relation to proper ships

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, brothermunro said:

I know in the past the auto designs were quite terrible, but having observed issues with the shared designs, I play almost exclusively with Shared Designs OFF. It is a real bummer, but it seems the Shared Designs feature just isn't finished.

I would say the auto designs for the Bot nations are consistently reasonable now. I've even seen some instances where they were actually "good" designs.

ADDIT: course . . . it has to be noted that, that was probably a month ago. They make so many changes to the game, on an almost daily basis, it is hard to know what state it is actually in from day to day . . .

Edited by Anthropoid

2 minutes ago, Anthropoid said:

I would say the auto designs for the Bot nations are consistently reasonable now. I've even seen some instances where they were actually "good" designs.

Fully agree, the ships designed seem to be, for the most part, pretty decent builds. Heck, last few battles with me Japan and Germany I got my ass handed to me in a fleet battle (6bb and some bc on each  side plus 20 support). Their tech was on par with mine, in the right timeframe, not 10 years after they got it

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, brothermunro said:

Oh the AI is much better at NAR than the vanilla game 😂

I've noticed that the auto designer seems to work faster and the AI doesn't struggle nearly as hard for designs. Of course, it's still slow, but it's especially noticeable in early-start campaigns; loading doesn't seem to take as long. It's not perfect, but a noticeable improvement.

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA v1.1.3 - for UAD v1.4.0.5
17 minutes ago, Anthropoid said:

How to keep the mod up-to-date with minor changes?

With a lot of patience because sometimes it is not easy. :D

This time took me a while because there are many small changes made by the devs in the "technologies" file. It is already uploading and should be ready in a few minutes.

Always replace the resource assets and the English file when a new update is launched. Usually the English file is always the same and you don't need to download again.

• Like 1

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA v1.1.4 - for UAD v1.4.0.5R
  • o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA v1.1.5 - for UAD v1.4.0.5Rx2
On 11/1/2023 at 11:39 AM, o Barão said:

Already in game.

When you start the game click on "News" and you will read the mod title above.

Also in the dockyard you will see the "scout plane" add on and the changes to the armor descriptions that are unique from this mod.

Have fun! :)

So it seems, that the mod has somehow become "uninstalled" on my rig.

image.thumb.png.00810fc361c8f6746910f55b6f669f0b.png

I noticed this because: I had a 275t TB model that I had refitted to carry 25 mines. Got the new tech for 50 mines and went to upgrade it and found that there were no longer any mines in my 275t minelayer TB.

I'm guessing that this was just a result of the game auto-updating?

ADDIT: Thankfully, just downloading and re-overwriting the two files (English and Resource) seems to have fixed.

I did briefly install the "New Horizons" package but decided to delete it. Maybe I deleted the mod too?

Edited by Anthropoid
clarification