Game-Labs Forum

UAD Rebalancing Mod For [v1.4.0.5 R2]

admiralsnackbar

Thanks for updating to 1.3.6.

One question - it looks like some of my ships are overweight that were working fine with 1.3.5 - is there any cause of why this may have changed? I didn't see anything in the changelog that would have caused this. I had been running 1.3.5 with the 1.3.5 version of Rebalance mod with gun resizer and the 1.3.6 version seems to have made things slightly overweight. Is this because of the gun resizer? At time of this writing, there does not appear to be a resizer for 1.3.6, so that might be the reason.

Second question, for the Shared Designs, is it possible to update to 1950 instead of 1940? Edited by CrazyElf

54 minutes ago, CrazyElf said:

Thanks for updating to 1.3.6.

One question - it looks like some of my ships are overweight that were working fine with 1.3.5 - is there any cause of why this may have changed? I didn't see anything in the changelog that would have caused this. I had been running 1.3.5 with the 1.3.5 version of Rebalance mod with gun resizer and the 1.3.6 version seems to have made things slightly overweight. Is this because of the gun resizer? At time of this writing, there does not appear to be a resizer for 1.3.6, so that might be the reason.

Second question, for the Shared Designs, is it possible to update to 1950 instead of 1940?

Gun resizer does affect the weight multipliers and thus the weight of the ship, hence the risk associated with using it. 

• admiralsnackbar changed the title to UAD Rebalancing Mod for 1.3.7 (V1.7R) **With Resizer**
7 hours ago, admiralsnackbar said:

I have/had a version ready but i have it on good authority that the 1.3.7 campaign is unplayable now, so i hesitated to release it. 

they had a hot fix apparently. game launches and loads with your mod, seems to be working as intended. 

Is it possible to add the improved ship stability from the Naval Arms Race mod to your rebalance mod? It REALLY helps the AI out with having their ship designs be more useful as well as making more historic looking ships. (IE not being forced to stick funnels in the tail end of the ships all the time.)

Been loving your rebalance mod tons of fun! Really hope you consider adding better ship stability, I bet a lot of people would enjoy something like that being apart of your mod too!

Keep up the great work! Thanks for a great mod! :D

13 minutes ago, mrfox1918 said:

Is it possible to add the improved ship stability from the Naval Arms Race mod to your rebalance mod? It REALLY helps the AI out with having their ship designs be more useful as well as making more historic looking ships. (IE not being forced to stick funnels in the tail end of the ships all the time.)

Been loving your rebalance mod tons of fun! Really hope you consider adding better ship stability, I bet a lot of people would enjoy something like that being apart of your mod too!

Keep up the great work! Thanks for a great mod! :D

I would need to know how baron does it and how difficult it would be to implement. 

13 hours ago, admiralsnackbar said:

I would need to know how baron does it and how difficult it would be to implement. 

o7!

It should take effect immediately.  These are the values I am using.

The most important is this:

stability_x_convert,79000,convertion of value above threshold to instability (side),100,65,200,80,,,
stability_range_power,1.2,range exponent for stability,1,3.55,1.32,3.3,,,

And two lines below, I am also using this.

stability_zz_convert,50,divisor of momentum instability (forward),240,43.2,,,,,
stability_xx_convert,50,divisor of momentum instability (side),325,58.5,,,,,

"mrfox1918" also asks about the battle formation changes I made. I am confused now if you are interested or not, anyway.

initial_follow,0,percent of division following flagman at start of battle,0,0,,,,,
initial_scout,20,percent of division scouting flagman at start of battle,15,25,,,,,
initial_screen,0,percent of division screening flagman at start of battle,0,0,,,,,
initial_line,0,chance to have division in line formation (not column as usual),30,30,,,,,

scout_range,4000,range to ally for scout order,,,,,,,
screen_range,3500,range to ally for scout order,400,,,,,,

All inside the "params" file. Have fun!✌️

Edited by o Barão

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

o7!

stability_x_convert,79000,convertion of value above threshold to instability (side),100,65,200,80,,,

"mrfox1918" also asks about the battle formation changes I made. I am confused now if you are interested or not, anyway.

initial_follow,0,percent of division following flagman at start of battle,0,0,,,,,
initial_scout,20,percent of division scouting flagman at start of battle,15,25,,,,,
initial_screen,0,percent of division screening flagman at start of battle,0,0,,,,,
initial_line,0,chance to have division in line formation (not column as usual),30,30,,,,,

Oh wow! Thanks Baron! Moding has never been my forte, you all make it look so easy with your skill! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, o Barão said:

o7!

could you explain what those do exactly? 79000 is what exactly? and any rough idea what the mapping function is between instability and gun hit chance? 

9 hours ago, admiralsnackbar said:

could you explain what those do exactly? 79000 is what exactly?

You can ignore that value. Is responsible for the roll value when you add weight to the sides. The lower the value, the bigger will be the impact in the roll. I wanted to add a small penalty in the roll if placing heavy components in the sides.

What is important for the stability is this: stability_range_power,1.2,range exponent for stability,1,3.55,1.32,3.3,,,

The lower the value, more stable will be the hulls. Below 1.2 is too much IMO, but you can have a different opinion.

9 hours ago, admiralsnackbar said:

..and any rough idea what the mapping function is between instability and gun hit chance? 

My English is not perfect, so I don't understand exactly what you are asking.

If you are asking how instability caused by damage will affect the guns' accuracy in battle, you will find what you want a few lines below.

instability_damage_ratio,0.065,multiplier from damage-received value to instability-due-to-damage stat,1,0.065,,,,,
instability_damage_decrease,0.045,"decrease of battle instability due to damage received (percent, per second)",1,0.045,,,,,
acc_instab_flooding,-50,convertion of instability due to flooding to own inaccuracy,-30 (-10~-80),-50,,,,,
acc_instab_damage,-50,convertion of instability due to damage-received to own inaccuracy,-30 (-10~-80),-50,,,,,

These are stock values.

If you want to know how the pitch and roll values will affect the accuracy when designing a ship. You will find that info, inside the "stats" file.

instability_z,,,auto,,Hull,$Stats_name_instability_z,"accuracy(0;-30), accuracy_waves(0;+25), accuracy_cruise(0;-25), acc_turning_self(0;+25), flooding_chance(0;+15), flooding_water(0;+10), acceleration(0;-35), rotation_speed(0;-30), turning_slowdown(0;-18), rotation_speed_change(0;-55), deceleration(0;50), operating_range(0;-15), cruise_speed_stat(0;-2.5)",,n,,$Stats_desc_instability_z,,
instability_x,,,auto,,Hull,$Stats_name_instability_x,"accuracy(0;-40), accuracy_waves(0;+35), accuracy_cruise(0;-55), acc_turning_self(0;+70), flooding_chance(0;+25), flooding_water(0;+20), acceleration(0;-40), rotation_speed(0;-33), turning_slowdown(0;-10), rotation_speed_change(0;-55), deceleration(0;50), operating_range(0;-15), cruise_speed_stat(0;-2.5)",,n,,$Stats_desc_instability_x,,
instability_zz,,,auto,,Hull,$Stats_name_instability_zz,"accuracy(0;-25), accuracy_waves(0;+25), accuracy_cruise(0;-55), acc_turning_self(0;+70), flooding_chance(0;+25),  flooding_water(0;+15), acceleration(0;-45), rotation_speed(0;-25), turning_slowdown(0;-10), rotation_speed_change(0;-48), deceleration(0;50), operating_range(0;-15), cruise_speed_stat(0;-5)",,n,,$Stats_desc_instability_zz,,
instability_xx,,,auto,,Hull,$Stats_name_instability_xx,"accuracy(0;-25), accuracy_waves(0;+35), accuracy_cruise(0;-50), acc_turning_self(0;+70), flooding_chance(0;+35),  flooding_water(0;+25), acceleration(0;-30), rotation_speed(0;-27), turning_slowdown(0;-15), rotation_speed_change(0;-48), deceleration(0;50), operating_range(0;-15), cruise_speed_stat(0;-5)",,n,,

Edited by o Barão

• admiralsnackbar changed the title to UAD Rebalancing Mod for 1.3.8R (V1.8) **With gun resizer**
  • admiralsnackbar changed the title to UAD Rebalancing Mod for 1.3.9 (V1.9)

A new version 1.9 has been released with a further boost to the torpedo damage, plus increased effectiveness of torpedo defense to compensate. Capital ships should still be able to *survive* torpedo strikes but not be able to simply shrug them off, lighter ships are much more vulnerable. 

Munro is running polls on the changes to torpedoes plus a potential change to heavy gun accuracy [read the poll for context] I will update a ~1 week from now based on the feedback. 

https://www.youtube.com/@BrotherMunro/community

Edited by admiralsnackbar
  • Like 1

Possibly found a minor UI issue with the mod installed, but it could be expected due to a variety of things since I do not know precisely how the research works.

In the Research tab, during one of my turns, I noted that at a tech budget of $39,655,190 the Rangefinder research was 102 turns away from completion.  The very next turn, with a tech budget of $40,220,320 the Rangefinder research was 84 turns away.  Even when a adjust the tech budget slider down under Finances to get within $100,000 of the previous turn, the number of turns away does not change.

I also have to note that this is during a time when the game would have hidden the research as it is not advanced enough yet to know what is coming.

Is this expected behavior?