Game-Labs Forum

UAD Rebalancing Mod For [v1.4.0.5 R2]

admiralsnackbar

8 hours ago, Tex_76 said:

Call me crazy, but I've installed the 1.1.7R version of this mod into the 1.1.8R version of the game... and I've yet to encounter any problems (knocks on wood). You can try this yourself, but your mileage may vary.

If you decide to do the same, just be sure you know what you're doing and how to revert your game back in case the weird and unwieldly starts to occur.

It's not inconceivable, though anything done to resources.assets in 1.18R not found in 1.1.7R will not be available. 

Hey all,

I'm probably stupid but do I need to apply an updated resources.assets file everytime UAD releases an update?

So, now 1.1.8R is out. Do i need to copy the 'old' resources.assets file to the data folder again?

Thanks for your work!

Greetings

On 2/8/2023 at 6:24 PM, Keunes said:

Hey all,

I'm probably stupid but do I need to apply an updated resources.assets file everytime UAD releases an update?

So, now 1.1.8R is out. Do i need to copy the 'old' resources.assets file to the data folder again?

Thanks for your work!

Greetings

Yup, everytime the game gets updated, you come in this forum, download the latest mod update and paste it on the UAD folder again, in order to have access to what the newest update was from the developer and the balacing of this mod

There is something wrong with pen again, and dmg. Battles take really, really long now compared to older versions (1.1.5. and earlier). Accuracy seems off as well. Been like this since 1.1.7 if I can remember, not sure.

Here and there you get some nice dmg numbers on DDs or CLs and that's about it.

Using the mod btw. Please look into it, playing the game just feels like drinking acid.

18 hours ago, Senta95 said:

There is something wrong with pen again, and dmg. Battles take really, really long now compared to older versions (1.1.5. and earlier). Accuracy seems off as well. Been like this since 1.1.7 if I can remember, not sure.

Here and there you get some nice dmg numbers on DDs or CLs and that's about it.

Using the mod btw. Please look into it, playing the game just feels like drinking acid.

There are no changes to penetration in the mod, there never have been. I don't plan on adjusting them until I'm confident the devs don't plan on touching them any longer, and at that point hopefully it won't be necessary. 

I'm not even convinced I could fix them if I wanted to. It's worth pointing out that people's complaints about penetration aren't about the values that the UI shows your guns can do but the fact that it feels like the guns are failing to achieve those values. 

Edited by admiralsnackbar

Hello! I just wanted to say I'm a really big fan of your mod, I think it does a really good job when it comes to balancing out research by merging techs and also making a lot of the later gun tiers feel actually worth using. The government changes are also super nice. No longer am I actively punished for playing Japan by getting an economy that can barely grow.

I was wondering how do you manage to actually edit the file for the game. I've tried Notepad ++ (says file too big or it loads in gibberish) , I've tried to change the file type to csv and load it threw Excel like you said in a previous comment , but it makes my computer freak out by using the entire memory (32 gig) of my computer to try and load it, then it fails.

Edit 2 : I figured it out using a previous comment of yours and someone else using UABEA, the issue was file conversion mostly on my end causing the file to corrupt, causing the Ram issue. Anyway sorry for the bother in the end.

Edit : What I was looking to do mostly was change the ahead of time penalty from research that I believe is 5 years currently? To something like 6 or 7 years possibly, since not every nation gets research at the same years intervals it felt like some nations were being punished a bit too much for "researching ahead" when they are simply trying to catch up. A good example of this is the "Heavy cruiser mark II" for France (because the mark 1 only gets 13500), they get the tech in 1923 (15000 Tones maximum) vs Germany's "Heavy Cruiser 1" that they get in 1920 (14900 Tones maximum) In the mod this would currently mean that if I want to try and invest to catch up to the Germans current displacement (I am in 1916 but they already have the 1920 tech themselves. I know I was shocked the AI was that far ahead, it was exciting to see to be honest) I am being extra punished for just wanting to match the current Heavy Cruiser they would be able to field because the mod thinks I'm trying to research too far so the research speed is very slow, enough so that even with a boost it would take me 4-4.5 years to catch up.

Edited by Deathbringer221
Wanted to add a bit more detail to why I was looking to modify the mod slightly, also I found the solution so it's all good

10 hours ago, Deathbringer221 said:

Hello! I just wanted to say I'm a really big fan of your mod, I think it does a really good job when it comes to balancing out research by merging techs and also making a lot of the later gun tiers feel actually worth using. The government changes are also super nice. No longer am I actively punished for playing Japan by getting an economy that can barely grow.

I was wondering how do you manage to actually edit the file for the game. I've tried Notepad ++ (says file too big or it loads in gibberish) , I've tried to change the file type to csv and load it threw Excel like you said in a previous comment , but it makes my computer freak out by using the entire memory (32 gig) of my computer to try and load it, then it fails.

Edit 2 : I figured it out using a previous comment of yours and someone else using UABEA, the issue was file conversion mostly on my end causing the file to corrupt, causing the Ram issue. Anyway sorry for the bother in the end.

Edit : What I was looking to do mostly was change the ahead of time penalty from research that I believe is 5 years currently? To something like 6 or 7 years possibly, since not every nation gets research at the same years intervals it felt like some nations were being punished a bit too much for "researching ahead" when they are simply trying to catch up. A good example of this is the "Heavy cruiser mark II" for France (because the mark 1 only gets 13500), they get the tech in 1923 (15000 Tones maximum) vs Germany's "Heavy Cruiser 1" that they get in 1920 (14900 Tones maximum) In the mod this would currently mean that if I want to try and invest to catch up to the Germans current displacement (I am in 1916 but they already have the 1920 tech themselves. I know I was shocked the AI was that far ahead, it was exciting to see to be honest) I am being extra punished for just wanting to match the current Heavy Cruiser they would be able to field because the mod thinks I'm trying to research too far so the research speed is very slow, enough so that even with a boost it would take me 4-4.5 years to catch up.

in the text file called params, clt-f 'research'

• Thanks 1

After updating the game and applying the new resources.assets file, i get a grey screen on game launch. Don't hear any sound playing.

The game will launch into the main menu after validating the game in steam. Steam remarks it will download a file.

tried redowloading the assets file twice for the same result. edit: sry for the large image.

image.png

Edited by Keunes

1 hour ago, TachiKaze said:

Ah theres been another update its now 1.2.1 the base game and the mod doesnt work with itimage.thumb.png.68eb19c7f1ae56215abd05fbb8df4bf6.png 

I'll try to go back to 'same day' mod updates (later this afternoon) but if we keep getting mod updates every 1-2 days this can really wear me down. How difficult it is to do depends on what text files get changed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, admiralsnackbar said:

I'll try to go back to 'same day' mod updates (later this afternoon) but if we keep getting mod updates every 1-2 days this can really wear me down. How difficult it is to do depends on what text files get changed. 

That's great to hear, but as Kaptn Flitschauge said don't burn yourself out just for the sake of updating the mod every day to keep up with UAD's current rapid development we don't mind waiting a week or hell even two weeks at a time. 

Yeah, might want to give it a day or two as the 1.2.1 update introduced a slew of interface bugs (don't seem to impact the game, though) that they'll most likely push a new update for quickly.

Love your work, by the way!! Finally had a shot at trying it out in a proper longish campaign, so a huge thank you for your work!

They literally doubled the pen on everything, you can get to 250 inch pen or smth on 15 in mk3 guns. (BASE GAME) And if you use the mod you will see that you can get to a 100 inch pen HE shells. (MODDED) same guns.

In spite their efforts to fix something, or make something more clear. Now in base game nothing makes any sense and penetration is completely broken. Aim bug is back, and also as a bonus every 2nd salvo shoots only half of your gun.

And ofc the roll the update and update again 3 times to fix the fix of the update fix. So that you cant even use mods to enjoy the game somewhat...

Do this people even playtest custom battles before rolling out, literally takes you 5 mins to find 3 game breaking bugs and to see that nothing works or makes any sense.