Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

25 minutes ago, Suribachi said:

Whoa Whoa Whoa!!!

Since when can nations control another nations ships!?!?  Notice the slight difference in color denoting France and Russia apart.

EDIT:  I have no issue with more than one nation ganging up on you if you are at war with both nations.  But why is the other nations flag not present?

image.jpeg.cd7fd81929f8de1ed5beb77e6bab6ca9.jpeg

And do you receive VPs versus both of them?

1 hour ago, Suribachi said:

Whoa Whoa Whoa!!!

Since when can nations control another nations ships!?!?  Notice the slight difference in color denoting France and Russia apart.

EDIT:  I have no issue with more than one nation ganging up on you if you are at war with both nations.  But why is the other nations flag not present?

image.jpeg.cd7fd81929f8de1ed5beb77e6bab6ca9.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Admiral Donuts said:

I too had a couple battles in one month in which this occurred, I didn't notice the outcome either.

I had 2 french join my side in a battle. I could actually control them. 

@Nick Thomadis is this intentional, or should they be AI controlled ?

21 minutes ago, PainKiller said:

Guys, this is nothing new. Allies's ship can join your battles under your control since multiple nations are in campaing.

yup. My point was more I am actually in control of them vs some time ago they were AI controlled ( as in 1.09 I think)

1 hour ago, Admiral Donuts said:

And do you receive VPs versus both of them?

I've had many similar battles on previous versions, the answer is yes.

22 minutes ago, CenturionsofRome said:

Can you do a N Invasion on a minor nation allied with your enemy during a war?

No. And this is actually a problem. Let's say your opponent has an ally Egypt (the Ottoman Empire is constantly disintegrating). You are not allowed to pass through the Suez Canal, but there is nothing you can do about it.

2 hours ago, Plazma said:

I talking about situation when a ships started be in the middle of my ship and the target, example:
tYFmm7o.png

This ended in situation when the accuracy go up to 100% because most of the missed shells are dropped 300m ALWAYS.
Here the video: https://youtu.be/mzIGx6RogPs

Not the best example, but if you play this game you must noticed it. Sorry for poorly explanations. 

Le French tradition:

26lPB8Q.png

On the begging of the battle mass route of French navy. 

Yes. This was the case in reality, but in the game we are talking about 100% accuracy. I just don't have time to record this because the enemy ship disappears in seconds, especially TBs/DDs.

I've got some feedback here regarding the AI's handling of nations, particularly with regards to Austria-Hungary.
dNReb54.png
The past decade has not been kind to the once mighty empire of the Von Habsburgs. It has fallen from the height of its power down to a measly 3 provinces, a situation which poses a unique problem for their navy. 
IfzmFhg.png
Trying to operate a 400,000 ton fleet out of a single, under-developed Montenegrin port. This, coupled with the loss of most of the Empire's old territory, Including Austria Itself, is causing the "Austro"-Hungarian Union to bleed cash at a rate I've not seen in several patches.
The solution to this is pretty obvious, the Union needs to accept the situation for what it is, and cut back it's navy's tonnage accordingly.

There's another issue I'd like some info on though. "Austria"-Hungary never collapsed, despite losing almost everything, and is thus still counted as a major power, with the ability to construct ships for both domestic and foreign service. They've also had revolts in every single one of their provinces with a port, with the Croatian War of Independence depriving the Union of 3 out of their 4 original ports, with those 3 being the only places in the empire at the start of the game that can store 50,000 tons of shipping. Had the revolt in Montenegro succeeded, the Union would be left with nowhere to base its navy. What happens to their navy in this scenario? Does it all just disappear? Would it go into the ports of minor allies? What would the player be able to do in this situation? Is it just game over, or some sort of soft lock?

13 minutes ago, SodaBit said:

I've got some feedback here regarding the AI's handling of nations, particularly with regards to Austria-Hungary.

The Croatian War of Independence? This has never happened to me, even when "Austria-Hungary" was left without Austria and Hungary and was on 90 points of rebellion. Also, the army has always stubbornly refused to attack Croatia.

Edited by Lima
pog reading

Small thing I've noticed that I think should be looked at, though it is a low priority.

Britain is way too willing to give up Gibraltar.  This is one of their most strategic locations, especially now that it can control access to the Med.  I just took it away from Britain (as Germany) after what quite frankly was a pretty minor war between us.  Not sure what the best solution would be as I don't know how values are programmed into the game, but this location really needs to be one of the last ones Britain would be willing to give up.

15 minutes ago, Kane said:

Small thing I've noticed that I think should be looked at, though it is a low priority.

Britain is way too willing to give up Gibraltar.  This is one of their most strategic locations, especially now that it can control access to the Med.  I just took it away from Britain (as Germany) after what quite frankly was a pretty minor war between us.  Not sure what the best solution would be as I don't know how values are programmed into the game, but this location really needs to be one of the last ones Britain would be willing to give up.

Oddly enough I've had the opposite experience, they gave up most of India over Gibraltar 

12 minutes ago, PoB said:

Oddly enough I've had the opposite experience, they gave up most of India over Gibraltar 

That just sounds like randomization to me. 

The amount of reparations required for them to put Gibraltar on the table in the first place is a big problem.  Gibraltar is a lot more valuable than say, the Falkland Islands, or the many scattered islands in the Pacific.  The amount a territory is worth in reparations seems directly tied to its economic output.  Problem is Gibraltar's strategic importance is vastly out of proportion to its economic import.

Control over Gibraltar is not only a supply point to Africa, but in controls access to the Med from the Atlantic.  I'm not saying GB should give up the home isles for it, but it should absolutely be one of the last (ie most expensive) they'll put on the table at all.

Edited by Kane

9 minutes ago, Kane said:

That just sounds like randomization to me. 

The amount of reparations required for them to put Gibraltar on the table in the first place is a big problem.  Gibraltar is a lot more valuable than say, the Falkland Islands, or the many scattered islands in the Pacific.  The amount a territory is worth in reparations seems directly tied to its economic output.  Problem is Gibraltar's strategic importance is vastly out of proportion to its economic import.

Control over Gibraltar is not only a supply point to Africa, but in controls access to the Med from the Atlantic.  I'm not saying GB should give up the home isles for it, but it should absolutely be one of the last (ie most expensive) they'll put on the table at all.

I wager weighting certain other factors is probably a long term thing I wouldn't necessarily expect at this stage of the campaign development. There's a ton of things that likely need implemented to make the campaign feel a little more real. Real world circa 1920-40s Britain controlling Gibraltar and the Suez without making the naval invasions a little more functional would make playing as Italy or Austria-Hungary a pretty terrible endeavor. Don't get me wrong I'd love the strategic aspect of the campaign to be super fleshed out and feel more like a proper strategy game but that's a lot of work  for a smallish development team to implement.

2 minutes ago, PoB said:

I wager weighting certain other factors is probably a long term thing I wouldn't necessarily expect at this stage of the campaign development. There's a ton of things that likely need implemented to make the campaign feel a little more real. Real world circa 1920-40s Britain controlling Gibraltar and the Suez without making the naval invasions a little more functional would make playing as Italy or Austria-Hungary a pretty terrible endeavor. Don't get me wrong I'd love the strategic aspect of the campaign to be super fleshed out and feel more like a proper strategy game but that's a lot of work  for a smallish development team to implement.

Yes, which is why I noted in the original post that it was a low priority.  But it risks not being addressed at all if its not brought up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kane said:

Also going to note, have a new error.
Turn changes and I get a pop-up saying
"Can't trade.  Trade error"
Not sure what's going on here, but probably needs to be looked into.
Anyone else getting this?

yeh. Just got the message a minute ago

Also seeing a new issue with the AI ships always having low fuel.
Thus far...
France has low fuel while fighting me off the coast of Corsica.
British have low fuel while fighting me in the North Sea.

This has to be a bug of some kind, and it is making major naval battles ridiculously easy as half the time their ships are just dead in the water.

• Like 2

This is the beginning of the game, and one would expect such a situation. But the fact is that I intercepted this group at the exit from the port at the very beginning of the war, they should have had fuel.

2023-01-05-13-32-20.png

This is just one situation out of many.