Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

34 minutes ago, Zuikaku said:

AI just keep sending low fuel TFs into the battle. Why is it sending them out of range? Why are they hanging there for months unsupplied? Why do they not retrest to the home port? 

Don't know! But it's annoying.

1. The text is not clear which task force is choosing to attack and which is *being* attacked. 
2. The decision to move a task force to port does not [AFAICT] change the mission of the TF meaning that it may clash with other task forces if/when it is en-route to a supply area. 

3. Task forces clashing with eachother seems to interrupt the movement of the task force, to a certain degree. 

Edited by admiralsnackbar

Hello 

Question before i do something wrong here. I'm with britan, went into war with german empire. There is a bunch of land offensive going on in Africa. Can i actually do something about that with my navi to try to win it? Like going there with 100.000t ships and starting an invasion, would that be helpful? Shore bombardment, blocading the area to prevent resupply going to enemy? Anything? Or the only thing i can do is watch? Is this what you guys ment as just watching the game play itself? I hope thiese kind of features will come in the future, land attack sounds fun.

Thank you.

image.thumb.png.fdc5687427232fcd585ac6f492269355.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PainKiller said:

Hello 

Question before i do something wrong here. I'm with britan, went into war with german empire. There is a bunch of land offensive going on in Africa. Can i actually do something about that with my navi to try to win it? Like going there with 100.000t ships and starting an invasion, would that be helpful? Shore bombardment, blocading the area to prevent resupply going to enemy? Anything? Or the only thing i can do is watch? Is this what you guys ment as just watching the game play itself? I hope thiese kind of features will come in the future, land attack sounds fun.

Thank you.

image.thumb.png.fdc5687427232fcd585ac6f492269355.png

Yeah if you hover over the area being attacked it tells you the sea zone associated with it.

But I never noticed any difference when I went there with a task force. So I have no idea what I'm doing there.

• Thanks 1

Is this normal? Having a negative number means am i fighting a zombi army? This game is more exciting then i tought before

Edit: Yea i don't think i can continue this save game. Stuck on next turn, numbers went NaN, research progress stopped. Made a report.

image.thumb.png.adee4d3fd59171843196f9728c5e948e.png

Edited by PainKiller
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, PainKiller said:

Is this normal? Having a negative number means am i fighting a zombi army? This game is more exciting then i tought before

Edit: Yea i don't think i can continue this save game. Stuck on next turn, numbers went NaN, research progress stopped. Made a report.

British losses: ~4 battalions worth of B.E.F. and colonial troops
German losses: Every single German to have ever existed, as well as all their ancestors and extended family members.
I know this isn't realistic, but I'm pretty sure the Hague would be investigating the Gold Coast campaign for flagrant disregard for the rules of war and massive human rights violations if it was.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SodaBit said:

German losses: Every single German to have ever existed, as well as all their ancestors and extended family members.

I didn't take picture, but this is 3 paralell report, each showing 2+ billion people casuality, so i literally murdured the whole Earth's population. I mean...it says that the defence is resilient.....but i didn't want to go this far protecting my african colonies :( 

• Like 2

I've got some feedback here with regards to the international warship market, namely the absolute state of the Russian ship-building industry.
nFPejyl.png
Having Gone to War With Almost the Entire World, this industry is, as you would expect, working double overtime to churn out as many warships as possible. The problem is, these ships won't go toward the defense of the Motherland, because They're Almost All Foreign Orders. Russia's minor allies have placed so many orders that they've almost completely destroyed Russia's ability to contest the seas. There's currently 92 ships under construction, mostly light and heavy cruisers, but with only about $50B GDP, Russia cannot handle this many orders at once. I'd estimate they can handle 250,000 tons of production, but they may very well be trying to produce double or even triple that amount.
Obviously, this is causing massive delays, and coupled with the heavy losses the Russians are taking by trying to take on the 3 largest navies on the planet, who are backed up by Austria-Hungary. China, with Italy poised to join the fight in a few months, the Russian Navy is facing a crisis it won't be able to cope with. 
If they are to have any chance of surviving this threat, let alone beating it, then the Russians would need to stop taking foreign orders, seize whatever ships are currently on the stocks for their own use, and begin working through the massive backlog to repair and rebuild their fleet.
Instead, they continue to accept foreign contracts, greatly compromising their own ability to fight, for very little in return.

Edit: I should also make mention of the Chinese ship-building industry.
Whilst not at war with almost everyone, their foreign order situation is Somehow Even Worse.
v5A2BSS.png
Total ships in the Chinese fleet: 24.
Active: 0.
In Repair: 24.
Why?
Currently under construction: 182.

Edited by SodaBit
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

I'm thinking there are certain good features with this patch that could go live separate from the portions of it that are troublesome.

For example, ability to influence other nations politically.

We know this works and can be tweaked while live. Whereas control of a task force is wanting, other things like breaking land masses into territories and discovering oil will get working portions of the monstrosity out of the way for now.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, SodaBit said:

British losses: ~4 battalions worth of B.E.F. and colonial troops
I know this isn't realistic, but I'm pretty sure the Hague would be investigating the Gold Coast campaign for flagrant disregard for the rules of war and massive human rights violations if it was.

Nah. That's a NEGATIVE loss. That means they gained men.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PainKiller said:

That number is very special.  It happens when a number goes above what a 32-bit value can handle.  This instantly inverts the number to the maximum possible negative value.  UPDATE:  It is not the 32-bit overflow number, but the closeness cannot be ignored.  32-bit overflow number is 2,147,483,647.

As a wild guess, this might be what is causing the economies of the nations to suddenly go $NaN because the UI does not know how to display that number as a negative.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

*Update 5*
- Added in the campaign map many new provinces/ports based on historical facts including the enabling  of the Arctic ocean in the gameplay.
- Added important channels and straits in the campaign and finalized their mechanics. Now enemies will not be able to pass through them.
- Fixed remaining large issues with targeting reset. Please check if all is fine now.
- Battle Ai adjustments following the targeting fixes, because the AI was affected negatively from the previous buggy state.
- Further improvements in ship movements and formation mechanics.
- Fixed bugs that caused no advance and many losses in Major Offensives and fine tuned the Land Battle mechanics.
- Fixed war reparations issue which made previously conquered provinces to appear in the list (Needs testing).
- Fixed fully the smaller allies ordering more ships that they can support.
- Various other minor.

***Warning***
Campaign Saves had to be reset due to the new content. Old saves will not work in any way.

PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO DOWNLOAD

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 12/28/2022 at 9:43 AM, Nick Thomadis said:

In reality do ships straight in absolute straight lines?

In reality do battleships take hundreds of torpedoes to sink? Do 18 inch guns take 100+ seconds to reload? Do 20 inch shells fail to penetrate a strip of metal the thickness of tin foil?

No. This game left the real world behind a long time ago, let us have mechanics that are fun and make sense, even if they're not fully realistic.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

*Update 5*
- Added in the campaign map many new provinces/ports based on historical facts including the enabling  of the Arctic ocean in the gameplay.
- Added important channels and straits in the campaign and finalized their mechanics. Now enemies will not be able to pass through them.
- Fixed remaining large issues with targeting reset. Please check if all is fine now.
- Battle Ai adjustments following the targeting fixes, because the AI was affected negatively from the previous buggy state.
- Fixed bugs that caused no advance and many losses in Major Offensives and fine tuned the Land Battle mechanics.
- Fixed war reparations issue which made previously conquered provinces to appear in the list (Needs testing).
- Various other minor.

***Warning***
Campaign Saves had to be reset due to the new content. Old saves will not work in any way.

Will give this a go and get back to you.  Was about to sleep, but sleep can wait for this!

On a more serious note, I hope you all are doing well.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

*Update 5*
- Various other minor.

***Warning***

Start testing!

Edited by Alnitak
  • Like 1

System Specs:  i7-4790k, 32GB RAM, GTX 980 ti, SSD install

Campaign options:  Japan, 1890, Normal, Historical, Create Own, Selective

Time to create campaign: 3 minutes and 30 seconds.  Second time: 2 minutes and 19 seconds
This is about 2 minutes faster than previous patches.

Starting notes:

* Why am I starting with -3 Naval Prestige and not 0?

Got stuck leaving Ship Designer back into Campaign map before campaign actually started as part of "create own fleet".  Exit to main menu was needed, however, this could not be done as menu was not responsive.  Had to Alt+F4 the game after 5 minutes and 5 seconds both times.  Text in lower right was "Battles...".  Music was playing so game was not hard locked.  Custom battle constructor is not affected by this.

Verdict:  Campaign is currently unplayable if you want to create your own fleet.

UPDATE:  Did a quick custom battle to test ship handling and fire control.
Fire control:  You no longer need to yank your gunners off a sinking ship.  Priority can still use a bit of tweaking.  Given a single line of 4 DDs with the front DD just sinking leaving 3 left coming at a single BB, main guns switch to second ship in line and secondary guns are targeting last ship in line.  That is backwards from what I personally expected.

Ship Handling:  Given a hastily thrown together 1940s BB with no engine upgrades, a 90 degree turn and it settling down on that course straight as an arrow, takes twice as long as the previous patch, around 10 in game minutes now with the ship zig zagging over the bearing no less than 11 times.  Separately, I tested an auto DD design.  DD overshoots the bearing by as much as 60 degrees before it hits some kind of wall, slides a bit, and starts to bring the nose around again.  Settling on the course is much faster at 2 minutes, but it looks just ...wrong.   Unfortunately, this is a backwards step from previous patches.

Edited by Suribachi

40 minutes ago, Alnitak said:

Start testing!

The ship is still unable to move in the specified direction immediately, and the AI will still not steer and return to the rudder.

I don't want to play WOWS mini.I want to be an Admiral telling the ship where to move but not how to move.

It seems that the rudder may go wrong. Is that my illusion?

Edited by Alnitak
  • Like 1

I thought this problem would be solved in this update

OP2.jpg

Op3.jpg

And all these republics should be part of the Soviet Union in 1930-1940, without this, Germany is very much superior to France (also, the USSR itself is quite weak, because the modifiers of communism suck for the navy).

3 hours ago, PainKiller said:

That number is very close to −2 147 483 647, aka 1 - 2^(8x4-1), aka the smallest number represented by a four-byte integer. The devs are from suffering integer overflow.

The difference between the displayed number & the minimum int is 998. That's probably how many losses you were supposed to have.

• Like 4

Having trouble with some of the buttons

The yes button is temperamental forcing me to close the game when returning to the main menu.

Also was having trouble with the move ships button particularly in Kiel, i couldn't move any ships out of there, however could all my other ports, moving ships to Kiel they would be forever stuck there with no way to get them out again.

** Further to this, keep getting stuck on .......battles....... even though there is no battles and ive just created designs for a fleet. sit there for half hour, hit escape and exit to main menu and wont let you push yes.

Edited by Mattymul29
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Wait... what? You took that out? Why? (Not that I've ever seen any conquered provinces show up in the peace deal to begin with)

In my opinion any area "conquered" during the war should be counted as only occupied and has to be taken during the peace deal, albeit with a discount probably. Any province not taken that way (as well as any province the loser of the war successfully invaded during it's course) should be returned. Or alternatively the winner of the war should be able to get the provinces they lost to the loser back with a discount in the peace deal.

Edited by Norbert Sattler
  • Like 1