Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.09+ Feedback<<<

Nick Thomadis

Just had the game hang during the 24th year of my IJN campaign... was in the ship builder... had to hard reset the PC... lost ALL 5 save files... lost my USN campaign and my Kriegsmarine campaign along with my IJN campaign... maybe 100h in those 3 campaigns... know its beta but this sucks :(

Just finished an Italy campaign I was acually able to play to the end.

It did have a couple of critical hangups - at one point there was a bug loading a battle, and return to main menu and reloading didn't fix it. Dropped me right back into the loading screen that was stuck. Quitting out of the game completely and then reloading did fix it however.

There were a couple of additional points that were very annoying and/or made me think it was over, but it did work out in the end. Ironically enough, the final bug was on the victory screen, where the stated reason for campaign end was "low victory points", and I was like, no you dummy, it's 1950.

However, the other 3-4 campaigns I started on this patch came to premature ends.

So it is possible to finish a campaign and have an overall enjoyable experience, but a LOT of work and polish is still needed to make being able to finish a campaign and have fun doing it not an outlyer, but the expected result.

The Flying Dutchman consuming a cruiser whole.Behold, the Flying Dutchman
I have no idea what is going on here

Edit: it does not have a collision box, my ships just go right through it

Edit 2: Another day, another battle. The Flying Dutchman strikes again!

Edit 3: Oh no, it's in the Ship Designer now! Run! The Flying Dutchman consuming a cruiser whole.

Edited by Abuse_Claws
  • Like 2

Interesting

The person that did the most videos and post popular CC posted this yesterday:

Stealth17 Gaming with 575 Videos on This Game Said This:

Hey guys, I've just recorded my last video for Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts.

It will be airing on Monday.

"Last episode?!" Yes.

The game is a complete mess right now with a ton of game-breaking bugs that make it entirely unenjoyable for me to play and for you to watch.

I simply cannot make good content with the current version of Dreadnoughts. Over the past 2 years I've had a lot of fun with Dreadnoughts but it's time to move on as the game is not worth playing/buying right now.

With that, what comes next? I'd like your input on that. What game would you like to see me feature on the channel? 

I hope this gets approved by the moderators, this speaks volume for feedback of 1.09, one of the most biggest CC's besides people like Brother Munro at 505 videos, is just straight up quitting creating content for this game due to the issues.

You look up on youtube and just type in "ultimate admiral dreadnoughts" and see Both Brother Munro, and Stealth17, with one or two other content creators sprinkled here and there with majority of "front" page being Stealth17, with even his CHANNEL being the first thing that comes up, even on a vpn and a "incognito" tab to remove all the cookies, and location Stealth17 is there on the front page as if he was the only CC there.

With Stealth17 having 38,881,705 views on his channel, while the second place with amount of videos being again, BrotherMunro at a smaller size of 3,474,750, it is clear that Stealth17 was a large CC for this game in total, while BrotherMunro, even if his content was great, and almost as large as Stealth17 in amount of video, a large content creator leaving due to bugs, and overall disappointment is going to leave a large amount of free publicity, and aswell youtube content removed due to the issues.

I purchased the game due to Stealth17, and now he is just quitting the game due to issues..

It speaks alot about how 1.09 is at.

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

I miss the version when it just came out to steam...a simple campaign with german vs british, where the guns / penetration worked, battle generation worked, no 5 vs 300 laggy battle,  repairing ships worked, using torpedoes on your ship was viable, no complicated features, no tension system, and our biggest problem was that when shells missed, they went to a single spot next to the enemy.... good times. I was so hyped to build my ships of my dream and lead it to battle. I have 1000 hours in it already so belive me when i say i love the game. 

Don't get me wrong i like everything they have been addig for the last year, but they don't work as should yet. Can't be helped, poor guys have bigger problem then fixing the game. Stupid war.

• Like 4

I feel that. It's a great game, but man are those current bugs and quirks tiresome.

Playing as Spain, the game really feels I should be at constant war with the US. When there's peace, I get constant events that prompt war, and I mean constant. "Come on, be at war. Declare war. Declare war already. OK, pay. We'll ask again next turn." And I am like "go away game, I know the American AI by now. They'll just run away every battle and It'll be frustrating". Can't be helped, at some point I give in and think, fine. War. Happy?

And what happens? American AI runnnns awaaay every battle.

Interestingly, the constant running away thing seems to me mostly US specific for me in the last two campaigns I've tried. Can't tell if it is because of specific country personality AI, or because their ships tend to be fast enough to be at least excruciatingly annoying to catch when yours are only a knot or two faster. I seem to have much less of a problem getting actual fights with the Austrians or Russians.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Stephensan said:

Interesting

"Last episode?!" Yes.

The game is a complete mess right now with a ton of game-breaking bugs that make it entirely unenjoyable for me to play and for you to watch.

I simply cannot make good content with the current version of Dreadnoughts. Over the past 2 years I've had a lot of fun with Dreadnoughts but it's time to move on as the game is not worth playing/buying right now.

With that, what comes next? I'd like your input on that. What game would you like to see me feature on the channel? 

I hope this gets approved by the moderators, this speaks volume for feedback of 1.09, one of the most biggest CC's besides people like Brother Munro at 505 videos, is just straight up quitting creating content for this game due to the issues.

You look up on youtube and just type in "ultimate admiral dreadnoughts" and see Both Brother Munro, and Stealth17, with one or two other content creators sprinkled here and there with majority of "front" page being Stealth17, with even his CHANNEL being the first thing that comes up, even on a vpn and a "incognito" tab to remove all the cookies, and location Stealth17 is there on the front page as if he was the only CC there.

With Stealth17 having 38,881,705 views on his channel, while the second place with amount of videos being again, BrotherMunro at a smaller size of 3,474,750, it is clear that Stealth17 was a large CC for this game in total, while BrotherMunro, even if his content was great, and almost as large as Stealth17 in amount of video, a large content creator leaving due to bugs, and overall disappointment is going to leave a large amount of free publicity, and aswell youtube content removed due to the issues.

I purchased the game due to Stealth17, and now he is just quitting the game due to issues..

2 hours ago, Bigbear1975Fin said:

How you manage to protect your merchant fleet or what its called? That what you adjust with slider same as crew training and tech. I have lost many campaigns due big losses of merchant fleets because it sucks all money 

I can't guaranty you don't lose any convoys but think it's usually a matter of having ships operating in the sea zone that the convoys are being attacked. I find that ships in port on sea control are more likely to participate in convoy missions then ships out at sea.

On 12/8/2022 at 8:57 PM, Stephensan said:

Interesting

"Last episode?!" Yes.

Yes, he's done quite a good job promoting this game and a hell of an effort. On the other hand I don't like his gameplay style and doing battles at 5x speed where his fleet seems to be totally out of control and order.

Finally finished a campaign. Britain, 1890.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2899770033

Issues:

My task forces in Singapore or India never intercepted anything. Ever. Tried sailing across the paths of the aggressors, no dice. Those fleets never saw action unless I sailed from Singapore to place Japan or Russia under blockade. More on this shortly....

When I skipped over refitting with any turbines on my ships, my economy never saw an issue. I went directly to diesels and stayed for the remainder of the campaign. I suspect that each upgrade in the super-expensive turbine technologies costs add to each other during refits rather than reset. So, a ship with Turbo-Electric is getting hit with a 90x cost, upgrading it further to different engines just adds to that cost instead of resetting. Maintenance costs skyrocket by 1932 in an 1890 campaign I think due to this issue and have wrecked many of my campaigns.

I was unable to determine if I needed to blockade the Russians at Vladivostok. In one war, I only had surface ships in the Black and Baltic seas, and they were fully blockaded. In the next one they were not under blockade until I had Vladivostok socked-in too.

I ended the campaign during my 15th war with Russia. Politics is still a major issue in this game.

And so are the costs of maintaining peace when desired. Furthermore, there seems to be a lot of money changing hands between nations. However, MY donation towards peace subtracts from MY naval funds, but I never have seen an addition of funds if the AI chooses peace and pays for it. Is this because the AI is always aggressive? Or because I don't warrant an increase in funds?

The British Modern Battleship II design is flawed, in that I could not place a proper barbette design in order for the front and rear mains to fire over the bow and stern of the ship.

Submarine missions (and I suspect others as well) fail when the target has 0t (zero tons). The AI did not check to see if the ship was sunk prior to me gaining the mission, therefore causing me to go back and reload the campaign out of the main menu. This happened on 8 occasions. 

On 7 occasions I had to do the same thing for the game hanging up at Update Missions. This happened once in 1920, and 6 times during the 1940s, especially later in the campaign.

On 1 occasion the game seized up forming divisions for battle. This caused me to task-manager out. When I returned, I noticed only one enemy ship in the task force was reinforcing. No other ships on either side. Second attempt to load battle cleared it.

I saw no issues with warping ships crashing the game.

There were no other issues that caused a CTD.

Some nations, for some reason I can't figure out, have HUGE economic growth during wartime. The Germans, for example, were very advanced and had 161 ships at one point that I took notice, and enjoying a 13% growth rate. This was not a new war, and in one case I was allied with them so I was watching their economic progress closely. Nothing seemed to affect them negatively.

Another force to reconned-with seems to be Austria-Hungary. They too had very advanced technology. The first time we ended up at war, they had 61 ships also with a growing economy.

This was one of my favorite 'doomstack' battles as they brought everything and I had them swallow some naval decongestant. Their entire fleet went to the bottom.

Russia too sent everything in one war. They never recovered, at one point just being all submarines, which I also rectumfied, and yet constantly shuffling ships back and forth across my sea zones to the chagrin of my government. (15 WARS!) Russia NEVER saw peace in 60 years. In many cases being fully blockaded and having zero ships, they would just remain at war after begging for peace. *shrug* Nobody understands that condition.

Blockading the US is great fun, since it never bothers anyone else. As an example of the opposite, blockading Vladivostok irritates the 1 ship Japanese so much that it's guaranteed war. We really need a rethink on these issues.

Destroyers, and sometimes Light Cruisers, take an inordinate amount of time to refit when dealing with either torpedo changes or gun changes. I realize it's a known issue, but an important one I think.

That's all for now.

Oh one more thing - I had plenty of sizeable ports to deploy my fleet. I never HAD to overload a port...

I wish I had the same luxury as Japan. I don't know where the hell Japan put all those ships historically, my fleets are tiny by comparison and still overload all my port space.

See you next campaign finish.

• Like 7

So, after trying an American campaign, I think I'm to the point of walking away from this game until  it's fixed.

Fixed meaning either remove submarines and mines, or make them so there is some sensible explanation to how they work.

If  it was just the random damage, that sometimes is fixed magically, and others you start a mission ay 6% integrity, it would be one thing, or the fact they add nothing to playablility or enjoyment, but submarines having tractor beams that hold your task groups in one spot for half a year is absolute rubbish. Ordering a task force back to port for repairs for 6 MONTHS does nothing.

Sitting two decent size groups off Japan and Russia to engage their fleets for 2 YEARS does nothing, so moving one to the other side of Japan instantly gets attacked by subs, weak ones at that, and proceeds to continually get attacked for 6 months while losing over half the task force and ceding 17000 VP to Japan is a load of crap. Every ship in the group has sonar III and the DD's and CA's have max depth charges.

And of course, now, since my TF is damaged, the Russian Doomstack decides to seek battle, and on the next turn, my idiotic group seeks them out, and cannot skip the battle, when my one remaining BB has NO AMMO.   Why are they seeking battle with no ammo? LET THEM RETURN TO PORT already!

Seriously, this is not enjoyable or understandable!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DieselPower said:

So, after trying an American campaign, I think I'm to the point of walking away from this game until  it's fixed.

Fixed meaning either remove submarines and mines, or make them so there is some sensible explanation to how they work.

If  it was just the random damage, that sometimes is fixed magically, and others you start a mission ay 6% integrity, it would be one thing, or the fact they add nothing to playablility or enjoyment, but submarines having tractor beams that hold your task groups in one spot for half a year is absolute rubbish. Ordering a task force back to port for repairs for 6 MONTHS does nothing.

Sitting two decent size groups off Japan and Russia to engage their fleets for 2 YEARS does nothing, so moving one to the other side of Japan instantly gets attacked by subs, weak ones at that, and proceeds to continually get attacked for 6 months while losing over half the task force and ceding 17000 VP to Japan is a load of crap. Every ship in the group has sonar III and the DD's and CA's have max depth charges.

And of course, now, since my TF is damaged, the Russian Doomstack decides to seek battle, and on the next turn, my idiotic group seeks them out, and cannot skip the battle, when my one remaining BB has NO AMMO.   Why are they seeking battle with no ammo? LET THEM RETURN TO PORT already!

Seriously, this is not enjoyable or understandable!

Subs are pure cancer. The main problem is that they don't take real damage. With such damage, Germany would have won the Battle of the Atlantic without any problems. Seriously, the gaming equivalent of a Fletcher-class destroyer can't do anything serious to a submarine from the 1920s.

• Like 1

I am quite concerned with this update. There seems to be a lot of gamebreaking bugs introduced. 

1. Ships disappearing after autoresolving battle against submarine without any indication that the ships were sunk.

2. Ships in construction going being in battle, appearing as hulls only then disappearing from my fleet tab, happened 2 times already.

3. Armor acting strange. 2 inch guns can penetrate a 15" 130% armor. Triple bottom hulls and max bulkheads act like there's none at all, and it's a trained crew.

4. Getting swapped in war. I am playing as Germany at war with Japan. USA is at war with UK, China, and Italy and losing badly. Suddenly I got swapped to USA position and lost the war. 

5. Ships going full circle without user input or AI. Only happens on ghost battles.

6. Can't control ships. Unless I manually use the rudder slide.

7. Lastly please make the barbettes available for experimental dreadnaughts of France. 

Edited by Gulaman
Requesting changes

On 12/8/2022 at 1:57 PM, Stephensan said:

Interesting

"Last episode?!" Yes.

Mark my words this is going to kill this game. Youtubers removing a game from their pages with as many followers as he has always has devastating impacts on the finances of the game. It happens all too often to potentially great games that the devs kind of lag behind on are forgotten about.

Submarine hate post

I just can't believe this is a release version of the game. There is nothing, absolutely nothing fun and interesting about submarines.

Well, Japan, which is inferior to me by more than 100 times in terms of GDP, has started another war. Honey, it's time for another "Doombattle". But we're poor, so...

2022-12-12-23-06-57.png

You may ask why this is a doomstack. After all, there are not so many of them. Here, the destroyers just don't know what to do. They die under fire (some even stopped), even when all their battlecruisers have been destroyed. They're not trying to attack or retreat, they're just doing some bullshit. You may notice a detachment that was able to retreat, but they were initially outside the main group of destroyers.

2022-12-12-22-59-57.png

2022-12-12-23-01-29.png

Anyway, after this battle, Japan had only submarines left and the nightmare began. I have deployed four anti-submarine groups of 2 CA and 12 destroyers. Top ASW, top sonar. At best, I manage to sink 3 submarines from a group of 4. In most cases, 1-2 submarines. At the same time, my ships are constantly taking damage. BUT in fact, I think this is a brilliant result, considering that they are obviously sinking submarines by shooting at the sea and ramming. All my ships have 0% ammunition after 9 turns of fighting in ancient submarines. Of course, TF can't move anywhere. At the same time, the number of enemy submarines does not decrease, they are constantly building new ones.

But even if this is not enough, I still encounter a bug with a hang when pressing the auto-resolve button. Also, submarines often attack one of my ships which is inside my TF (and on the next turn it is still in its composition). But this is not the funniest thing, when attacking, one ship is shown, and as a result, another one is shown.

• Like 4