Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.09 Feedback (Released)<<<

Nick Thomadis

Had to scale my "PRE" Dreadnought back a tad to get x4 and 100% veteran crews, then it stomped in that 'the power of a Dreadnought academy mission.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

But, as you may notice, that 'A' turret is still locked on the ship thats sinking, not the new target, and it will not rotate. 3 of my 4 ships have the issue at the time of the picture. Aside from this problem, and the spooky smoke ghosts from my previous posts, turrets are behaving better.

• Like 2

Dont know if this is a feature but in ship builder while changing to a more recent (and lighter) armour type the ship weight increases instead of decreasing... only happens in BBs (1890 Japan campaign game) EDIT: Didnt see correctly... my  mistake

Edited by PedroFalcao
my bad

Feature request: Attacking undefended ports.

I think there should be a way to attack prots that are completely undefended. I had a "war" with Russia where all their ships were occupied by other enemies in the pacific and thus they had nothing in the baltic and black sea, safe for a single CA.

So I sent two task forces into the black sea and one into the baltic and nothing happened. I didn't sink any transports, naturally there weren't any battles against enemy fleets, since the their sole ship refused to sail out and so the "war" went on without a single event and Russia getting 250 VP every round until I lost.
Naturally I couldn't blockade them from just sieging their European posessions and the Pacific was just too far away.

Sorry for the strong language but that is total bullshit. If they have no defenders, why aren't my ships bombarding their ports or sinking transports? And why does Russia get 250 VP per month for doing absolutely nothing

So please add some way to attack ports even when there are no defending ships and remove this free VP gain mechanic. It's just way too frustrating. Even when it works in my favour and I am the one to get the free VP it's just frustrating that I win the war by doing absolutely nothing, rather than through my own actions.

Edited by Norbert Sattler
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Sorry for the strong language but that is total bullshit. If they have no defenders, why aren't my ships bombarding their ports or sinking transports?

Oh, really? Well if that is the case the AI should do the same thing against you.

Imagine having your entire fleet in stationed in ports in fear of going out just for the AI to go and cause havoc to your ports. Not so fun anymore, right? Careful with things you wish for, they can come and bite you in the ...

And since the players usually build fewer but expensive ships in comparison with the AI will be very interesting to see you trying to defend all your ports. Would be the AI paradise situation. Congratulations, a great idea to make the AI more deadly in game.

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 1

Of course the AI should be able to do the same. If you leave your own ports completely undefended (as in neither ships in them nor task forces in range to come help) you should absolutely be punished for it. That's only realistic and I didn't think it would need to be pointed out.

Having to weigh how many ships you can afford to send on the offense and how many you need to keep back to defend is absolutely something I think should be part of the game, rather than being able to just throw everything and the kitchen sink at the enemy. Besides you already need to keep some ships back home on defense to keep your transports from being slaughtered.... or well at least the player needs to, since in my last war with Russia as I mentioned they did not lose any transports despite having no ships to defend their convoys.

Same for the free VP generation out of nowhere. I want that gone for both the AI AND the player, so I win or lose by my own actions and not some unexplained backgroud mechanic.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Same for the free VP generation out of nowhere. I want that gone for both the AI AND the player, so I win or lose by my own actions and not some unexplained backgroud mechanic.

I have not seen that in the last couple patches out of 1.09. Are you still seeing it?

10 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Beta Update 6 (22/10/2022)

Warning! Saves reset! Campaign long turns, and various bugs would be unavoidable with old saves.

-  Fixed major issues of map pathfinding which were also causing severe turn lags. Now you should notice a faster resolution of campaign turns. Moreover, the ship movement on map is more consistent.
- Fine tuned Technology Research, Fuel Consumption, and various other aspects of the campaign.
- (New feature)  Gun length settings depended on technology: The maximum gun length caliber is now researchable in “Turret Mechanisms” (and can be increased a little further than before), simulating the needed metallurgy developments to allow durable large caliber naval rifles which previously were unrealistically available too early in the technology era.
- Fixed bugs of flaws mechanics which caused various issues with the calculations. Please check if late era ships have less defects and if refits now repair those issues more consistently than before.
- Battle AI & Targeting balances.
- Nearest Supply Port now takes into consideration not only the distance but also the Port Capacity of distant ports. Moreover Supply ports can be not only those you own but also those of your allies. Consequently, supplying Task Forces with ammo and fuel in distant waters can be now more effective.

Please Restart Steam to receive the new update.

Darn, had waited and just started a new campaign yesterday... guess its time to scrap that.

Still thank you for all the work put in so far!

started a new campaing of Japan in update 6, so far all 3 manual battles resulted in the issue hangma had:

After the battle you get stuck at the loadingscreen during the "...Battles..." phase. Made a bugreport, hopefully its quickly fixable, otherwise the player seems forced t autoresolved anything (that seems to be a workaround).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Of course the AI should be able to do the same. If you leave your own ports completely undefended (as in neither ships in them nor task forces in range to come help) you should absolutely be punished for it. That's only realistic and I didn't think it would need to be pointed out.

Having to weigh how many ships you can afford to send on the offense and how many you need to keep back to defend is absolutely something I think should be part of the game, rather than being able to just throw everything and the kitchen sink at the enemy. Besides you already need to keep some ships back home on defense to keep your transports from being slaughtered.... or well at least the player needs to, since in my last war with Russia as I mentioned they did not lose any transports despite having no ships to defend their convoys.

Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai flashbacks.

• Like 1

Now I am at war (and once again against Russia as it happens to be) with Update 6 and neither side gets free VP, so that was either a transient but, or was fixed (despite not showing up in the change-log). But I still have the same issue of sitting outside of undefended Russian ports and nothing happening. My ships are neither attacking the ports nor are they sinking any transports, regardless of whether I set them on sea control or invade.

Edit: Nevermind... a few month in and the Russians are now getting VP out of nowhere again. 😕

Edit2: This is getting more and more confusing. For 4 month the Russians got VP and then it switched and now I am getting the free VP. oO

I noticed in a previous (not the current) version as strange thing with the campaigns save:

I would delete a campaign and then try to start a new one. It then aks in which slot to put it (natrually) but there is the other campaign again (wth?), so I delete it again. It then goes through the hoops to create a new campaign as usual and ....... its the wrong nation. First time I thought it was my fault, but then I payed closer attention:

Attempt 2: Selected AH got Germany.

Attempt 3: Selected AH got Italy.

Closed the game, restarted, worked normally. No idea what caused this or if its a fluke. Considereing the time it takes to set up a campagin, this is really annoying. I actually kept the Italy save in case I wanted to play as them, to save time in the future.

11 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

- (New feature)  Gun length settings depended on technology: The maximum gun length caliber is now researchable in “Turret Mechanisms” (and can be increased a little further than before), simulating the needed metallurgy developments to allow durable large caliber naval rifles which previously were unrealistically available too early in the technology era.

While this change is most aprreciated, I dare say even overdue, it still doesnt fix the interaction with "magical guns" and "fairy dust" aka sliders. This is me (havent really started) to casually build an 1890s japanese heavy cruiser  with over 50 % accuracy on the main guns. Do I need to mention an 6 or 7 " gun accuracy base is at 9 to 9,5 % ?

Ultimate-Admiral-Dreadnoughts-2022-10-22

and this is how an "non magical" aka 7" gun reacts to the same fairy dust? (and no its not the gunsize, a "non magical" 9,9 " gun gives just 17 % )

Speaking of Sliders: If you use them, and then wanting to build close to tonnage is a pain in the ....... You can either use the slider to build something like an 4464 ts ship or you have to typ the desired value in. But typing in 4500 just gives a ship WAY under that limit. Cant remember what number I had to use but something like 5145 or so will actually give a 4500 ts cruiser.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, havaduck said:

While this change is most aprreciated, I dare say even overdue, it still doesnt fix the interaction with "magical guns" and "fairy dust" aka sliders. This is me (havent really started) to casually build an 1890s japanese heavy cruiser  with over 50 % accuracy on the main guns. Do I need to mention an 6 or 7 " gun accuracy base is at 9 to 9,5 % ?

and this is how an "non magical" aka 7" gun reacts to the same fairy dust? (and no its not the gunsize, a "non magical" 9,9 " gun gives just 17 % )

Speaking of Sliders: If you use them, and then wanting to build close to tonnage is a pain in the ....... You can either use the slider to build something like an 4464 ts ship or you have to typ the desired value in. But typing in 4500 just gives a ship WAY under that limit. Cant remember what number I had to use but something like 5145 or so will actually give a 4500 ts cruiser.

This has been discussed to quite a lot in multiple posts and feedback. IIRC there are 3 diameters that give these results with 8in being one of them. I can't speak to why but it is already well known. Not sure if/when it will be addressed but as it really falls under balance it doesn't bother me if they finish adding features first.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

I had a couple of crashes on "Building New Ships" between rounds.

Crash as in, if I do nothing the game just gets stuck there and if I make a click or hit a key, I crash back to Desktop.

Started having this as well 3 or 4 years into the game.

• Like 3