Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

I'm not seeing the crazy constant phantom hits anymore in the new patch, i think? But whatever was done to crew mortality rate along with the 45% crew = surrender change is still garbage and makes the game unplayable. Its almost nothing but dead crew in the log.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

10 minutes of in game time and 3 cruisers kill half the crew of a battleship with superficial fires? or mostly harmless secondary gun hits?

1 hour ago, Skeksis said:

Update 15 diplomacy working without issues so far, on my side anyway, it's looks and feels good.

But I haven't had any convoy/transport missions yet, 1910 to 1913 May, neither to attack nor to defend when 'Invade' and/or 'Protect' status set. There use to be many but not one yet. Any one else the same? 

Yes, this is my largest complaint with this patch besides longstanding issues still around of course. I have multiple TFs set to "Invade" and Protect and yet I haven't been involved in a single offensive/defensive merchant battle in the current war of multiple years. Yet they always seem to find how to chip away at my TRs off-screen however...

Edited by Littorio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mk4m said:

Major problem for me - the battles are too big. 50+ ships for each side is pain and not historical.

And still have problems with boats on French hulls.

My experience is chasing single TB or CL fleets and never catching them.  Occasionally a larger fleet will pop out of nowhere (never shows on the map I guess sails from port?) but other than that its single ships for the most part. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 4:16 AM, Nick Thomadis said:

It depends from the shell trajectories, if your shells are travelling with high arc they have more deck hits. As simple as that.

that's odd since I was playing ships with 900-1000 m/s shell velocity and most of the shots within 10km were only hitting the deck or just shattering on a flat broadside.

15 minutes ago, ilguisco said:

ehm... ok thats strange... 

1899 i have killed more ships then my enemy but...  its normal? 80K of VP to my enemy?

image.thumb.png.d9874d1e2aa19cfa6540568c1db5e63b.png

So you lost 7 TB? If so, and the enemy lost at least 1 BB and 2 CA then how is this a defeat? If you failed the mission then perhaps we need a Pyrrhic Victory category. If you did fail whatever the mission was then perhaps the enemy was awarded points for that?

One thing is clear, with the commination of diplomacy, economics, geographic entities and world armada's and all those generated results, it's a very hard and complex composite to accomplished. So many moving parts.

But update 15 feels better, we're getting close, just a few more piece's to put in place and the team can conclude 1.06. ✌️

• Like 3

I see that now enemy ships surrender due heavy casulties more often which is actually good. But why not allowing ships that surrendered join your fleet after winning the battle. Repair and use them as your ship but foreign design. It would be more reaslistic then just having say "sink" at the end.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

One thing is clear, with the commination of diplomacy, economics, geographic entities and world armada's and all those generated results, it's a very hard and complex composite to accomplished. So many moving parts.

But update 15 feels better, we're getting close, just a few more piece's to put in place and the team can conclude 1.06. ✌️

In order to progress, however, the basic values of the ships should first be correct, as well as the weapon effects - otherwise it will be a bottomless pit, you cannot do the second step before the first - all results will be distorted 😎

Surrendered ships don't seem to take further damage from fire or flood this would need to change. I'd love to see surrendered ships added to our fleet list but only if they can survive the battle and make it to port (say, x% chance they will sink due to damage, bad weather etc.). Any that do, should also give a prestige boost.

• Like 2

Austria-Hungary 1890 campaign started with Update 15.

I beat France twice now. The first time I demanded Corsica and Tunisia, the peace-deal got through but I only owned Corsica.

The second time I demanded Tunisia again and again the peace deal was accepted, but without Tunisia being turned over.

49 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

I'd like to see some interface problems solved first. Things like info boxes half disappearing off the screen, rotated components placed at correct angle when mirrored and other such annoyances. They may seem trivial, but frustrated players don't give good reviews. I'd also like to see things like the VP results, which can seem weird, explained more on screen.

5 hours ago, mk4m said:

Major problem for me - the battles are too big. 50+ ships for each side is pain and not historical.

And still have problems with boats on French hulls.

there were huge battles being fought in the russo japanese war, and the 1st world war at jutland. it is historical, its just boring because the game laggs and ai is bad.

• Like 2

Am enjoying this patch so far...but always up to the point where I just don't get any missions. Right now I have a campaign playing the French and I'm at war with Italy and Austria-Hungary. Italy has a sizable fleet...but they just don't leave port, leaving me in the situation where I can't fight them and the blockade doesn't seem to do anything.
Same issue with the Austrians, just not blockaded.

Other thing I encountered were battles where my fleet spawned right in the enemy fleet, so my CLs and TBs just got instagibbed at the start. And the really large battles my fleet was just a mess with the AI not knowing how to handle the "avoid colission" stuff, so had to spend more time getting my fleet in order than actually fighting the enemy.

But beside that, this patch shows real promise and I love the long campaign option. :)

Edited by JeeWeeJ

There's something wrong with the tension system.

As Austria-Hungary 1890 start I am trying to provoke the British into war, but it doesn't work.

Every round I supposedly get between -9.4 and -10 in four areas and plus 9.4 in another area and 4.7 in a final one. According to ... well math, this should be a rather steady decile and yet I am only hovering between -80 and -99 tension.

I take every opportunity to provoke the UK with events and yet I just can't get a war with them going.

Even when an event decision should push me beyond -100, it caps out at -99.

Edited by Norbert Sattler

14 hours ago, SodaBit said:

Quick feedback here with regards to the whole French weight issue.
I've got an incomplete super dreadnought here with quite the forward weight offset.
BMyps5N.png
Now you would think that the way to fix this issue would be to remove some of the truly hilarious amount of guns located on the front end of the ship.
And you'd be wrong.
This is how you fix the forward weight offset:
Ho7nMNv.png
By adding an additional 2,000 tons of weight right on the front of the ship.
I'm not an engineer, so I don't know if this is actually how these things work, but it's starting to look a whole lot like Baguette Space Magic from where I'm sitting.

Yeah looks the same as what i aw with the CL hull, just on the opposite end. I've also done some tests where i removed all armour and otherwise trimmed the citadel down as much as i could weight wise and i'm still seeing the effect on my end even though now the extra weight amounts to around 30 tons total:

20220619114318_1.thumb.jpg.37ea0afba9b12f84f1a8f4afc4cccd68.jpg20220619114320_1.thumb.jpg.c51f13420104985a51e40fef27d1d440.jpg

As is obvious move the gun aft and adding extra citadel weight to the rear reduces the aft weight offset. 

8 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

There's something wrong with the tension system.

As Austria-Hungary 1890 start I am trying to provoke the British into war, but it doesn't work.

Every round I supposedly get between -9.4 and -10 in four areas and plus 9.4 in another area and 4.7 in a final one. According to ... well math, this should be a rather steady decile and yet I am only hovering between -80 and -99 tension.

I take every opportunity to provoke the UK with events and yet I just can't get a war with them going.

Even when an event decision should push me beyond -100, it caps out at -99.

I had a similar problem in 1.06.13 (I think) I had ships all over the place, trying to provoke war, but my relationships would never drop. I didn't have a chance to confirm this before the next update came out, so I didn't report it.

I also had a relationship with AH (I was GB) at 99 but never went higher. I think because I was at war with one of their allies.

In my current 1.06.15 campaign, I'm Italy, trying to force war with AH. I finally succeeded, but only because the 'events' went my way. No amount of naval power in their waters provoked them to lowering relations.

6 minutes ago, Carl_Bar said:

Yeah looks the same as what i aw with the CL hull, just on the opposite end. I've also done some tests where i removed all armour and otherwise trimmed the citadel down as much as i could weight wise and i'm still seeing the effect on my end even though now the extra weight amounts to around 30 tons total:

20220619114318_1.thumb.jpg.37ea0afba9b12f84f1a8f4afc4cccd68.jpg20220619114320_1.thumb.jpg.c51f13420104985a51e40fef27d1d440.jpg

As is obvious move the gun aft and adding extra citadel weight to the rear reduces the aft weight offset. 

Designing a BB in 1.06.14 I had a 100% pitch offset that I could do nothing about. I closed the design screen without saving, then designed the same ship to the same specs but this time without problems. I thought it may have been related to which component you place first.

1.06 UPDATE 15

start in UK, 1890

when I into battle.the UI that show how many ships was disappeared.20220619190658_1.thumb.jpg.00bb889f94f8d1a9d8ce42f09a0f723b.jpg

it could be solved by press "Esc"

20220619191142_1.thumb.jpg.1b389241881509dc0396bf1435ce4097.jpg

but in the same battle, the ship's UI disappeared next.

20220619190621_1.thumb.jpg.579596c02e17d2d547a5e0585d534871.jpg

the worse thing was. the "pinball" bug happened again.

20220619191858_1.thumb.jpg.6cf6cd7f9c9f7635f1c6e1236c94d0b1.jpg

maybe there is a relation between ship's UI disappeared and "pinball" bug?

because previous campaign (AH) ,the ship's UI disappeared and "pinball" bug happened together,too.(I didn't record that)

• Like 1