Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming v1.05 changelog

Nick Thomadis

49 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

"Upcoming changelog" doesn't make much sense, are those change already made or are they coming up? Beside that posting them more than 10 days in advance is... confusing.

It's the changelog of the upcoming v1.05 update. Not sure how that's hard to understand.

3 hours ago, King_Tiger_II said:

My best bet is that they are part of the many leaving the country, being hopeful.

Speculating about it doesn't really do any good, especially with something like this which is kind of ridiculous. Their offices are in Kiev. Odds are they are just ironing out some last-minute big bugs that have proven more difficult to deal with than originally thought. It's happened before and it likely happened again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Speglord said:

It's the changelog of the upcoming v1.05 update. Not sure how that's hard to understand.

If it is not done yet then it isn't a changelog. If its already done then why is it upcoming? Its a devlopement update, a teaser. But then we are given the message its was for last week, then it was monday, then no message.

To be clear, I like when dev share their development status, many studio do that long before the actual update. Some even share ideas that turned out to be dead end, and that's cool. But when they do not know when it will be released they say so. There is nothing worst than hyping something and then not deliver in time.

If the original post would have started with "here what we are working on" instead of the naming it "changelog" it would have been better. If it would have ended by "we hope to release it at x date, if all goes well", we would still have got the hype, without creating false expectation.

Edited by RedParadize

1 hour ago, RedParadize said:

If it is not done yet then it isn't a changelog. If its already done then why is it upcoming? Its a devlopement update, a teaser. But then we are given the message its was for last week, then it was monday, then no message.

To be clear, I like when dev share their development status, many studio do that long before the actual update. Some even share ideas that turned out to be dead end, and that's cool. But when they do not know when it will be released they say so. There is nothing worst than hyping something and then not deliver in time.

If the original post would have started with "here what we are working on" instead of the naming it "changelog" it would have been better. If it would have ended by "we hope to release it at x date, if all goes well", we would still have got the hype, without creating false expectation.

To be honest I don't really find this is an issue. A minor misuse of a word, perhaps? Sure. But everyone knows what it means. 

It should be also noted that Nick is not a native speaker of English.

1 hour ago, RedParadize said:

this forum consistently seems to breed the most entitled and pretentious sort of member, one who somehow assumes that this in-development indie game ought to be held to the professional standards of a triple AAA dev house. touch grass

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, RedParadize said:

It literally has "upcoming" in the title? How much more explicit does it need to get for you about not yet having been released?

That aside, the devs said in the past that there are internal test-builds that are seperate from the released version, so in all due likelyhood a build with those changes already in it does already exist, but is not yet in a state they are comfortable to unleash on even as an early access version, so it is a change-log even by your (in my opinion mistaken) definition of the term.

You can call me entitled and pretentious if you want.. If it hasn't been changed yet, it should not be in a change log. What is for sure is that it should not presented as something already accomplished, because it is clearly not.

To be clear I never really cared when they said the "upcoming changelog" thing that before. The problem I have isn't the wording they chose, but saying it that way and then not delivering it looks bad. To make it worst, suggesting it will be out Monday, then not do so and go radio silent looks terrible.

Its like promise something for tomorrow, then not show up at work... and not call your boss. How long will you be able to get away with that?

Edited by RedParadize

11 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

You can call me entitled and pretentious if you want.. If it hasn't been changed yet, it should not be in a change log. What is for sure is that it should not presented as something already accomplished, because it is clearly not.

To be clear I never really cared when they said the "upcoming changelog" thing that before. The problem I have isn't the wording they chose, but saying it that way and then not delivering it looks bad. To make it worst, suggesting it will be out Monday, then not do so and go radio silent looks terrible.

Its like promise something for tomorrow, then not show up at work... and not call your boss. How long will you be able to get away with that?

Change logs are for internal use, they have just shown it to us. They have implemented it at the moment in the current build they are using. They just haven't released it to us yet. You are just plain wrong on this fact.

Also to be honest the current climate in Ukraine (they are based in Kiev) means it may not be released for weeks, and that would be fine. They could have family in danger this very moment we don't know. Their mental health and lives trump our wants for a video game or an update at the moment. So give them a break ffs.

• Like 1

Just now, Spitfire_97 said:

You're not their boss, they owe you nothing

I am not their boss yes, I am their customer. Granted early access bring a degree of risk. But a company that think they owe nothing to their customer wont last long. I am directing that to you, not to them. The message I want to send to them is that bad communication is hurting their business.

I am aware they are based in Kiev, as far as I know that city still exist and has access to internet. releasing a memo before tuesday saying it would be delayed would have certainly looked better. Again, if it would be their first radio silence I would have been much more empathic.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

I am aware they are based in Kiev, as far as I know that city still exist and has access to internet. releasing a memo before tuesday saying it would be delayed would have certainly looked better. Again, if it would be their first radio silence I would have been much more empathic.

Kiev is, in fact, currently under a massive, internet-wide DDoS attack.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

The message I want to send to them is that bad communication is hurting their business

How though? You've already given them your money 😂

I mean seriously, what are you expecting them to say? They've already given you all the information you need to figure out what's going on. Most normal human beings will be able to look at the friday update and figure it out for themselves that the bugs are taking longer to fix than anticipated. Are you expecting that they've somehow fixed the bugs but are just refusing to release it or update anyone?

Let's assume that daily updates are a thing, what would that message look like today? Probably something like "Due to the current instability of the campaign, which still contains bugs that would make playing very unpleasant (frequent crashes that are repaired only with game restart), we cannot release the beta at this working state. We need your patience, so that we can fix all the game-breaking issues next week. We will try to give it on [insert tomorrows date here]" Would that be enough for you? Cause if you want I can just copy paste that into a new topic each day if it'll satisfy your petulant entitlement?

22 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

I am not their boss yes, I am their customer. Granted early access bring a degree of risk. But a company that think they owe nothing to their customer wont last long. I am directing that to you, not to them. The message I want to send to them is that bad communication is hurting their business.

Also it does not matter if Kiev is in rubble. This is a luxury product for mostly westerners. You try caring about that when your country that you live in is being invaded. There are a hundred things more important going on there at the moment. 

And if they are still just bug fixing to try and get a release out. More credit to them honestly and they can have all the time and silence they want. I swear people, your life won't be any worse of if your early access game about pixel ships isn't updated. 

• Like 5

@Spitfire_97 @Norbert Sattler @Vigilantemerc @neph
I am not crying out about not having the patch released, I will take it when it will be released. Nor do I have any bad feeling about their company. I already played enough hours of this game to call it a good investment. I wont take any stance on the Ukraine/Russia issue here, this is not the right place for that, it could hurt their company.

If you guys are fine with the communication issue I raised, its all good. I fear that people wont be that kind with reviews when it get on steam. Remember that good games went down because of bad press, I do not wish that for them. What I hope is that their game get successfully released into steam beta, that way we may get the best out of this good game concept.

Did I really need to say all that?

16 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

Yes, becouse you sounded very pretentious. You made it as to sound it was a big deal, while it is obvious that are not normal circumstances. Should they have sayed something about another deley? Yes they should have. Can they be forgiven for not doing so? Yea, by any adult capable to understand what fear and tension is they can. If they are working now on the game then ok, if they are not then also ok. I bought game based on certain amount of hopes with the project and if it fails then in that case it is not their fault. It is Putin, people from America or places like that were spered horrors of war and they can never imagine amount of destruction and misery caused by it. And even I being only near the Ukrainin border am afraid of further escalation which very much seams to be heapening, becouse of shear amount of destruction it will cause. So yes you sound like a brat unheappy with the situation.  It is not really time to talk about communication or company profits or sucess. As far as we know they may very well not be game lab tommorow, nor UAD. 

Edited by Grayknight

17 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

@Spitfire_97 @Norbert Sattler @Vigilantemerc @neph
I am not crying out about not having the patch released, I will take it when it will be released. Nor do I have any bad feeling about their company. I already played enough hours of this game to call it a good investment. I wont take any stance on the Ukraine/Russia issue here, this is not the right place for that, it could hurt their company.

If you guys are fine with the communication issue I raised, its all good. I fear that people wont be that kind with reviews when it get on steam. Remember that good games went down because of bad press, I do not wish that for them. What I hope is that their game get successfully released into steam beta, that way we may get the best out of this good game concept.

honestly anyone so narrow minded to think a state of war is no big deal and that a game should be a priority if your country is currently being invaded by terrorists from russia speaks alot about those people.  If you get your panties in a knot because your gaming comes before their ability to be safe then your priorities are screwed up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

@Candle_86@Grayknight Never said or implied current situation isn't a big deal. I follow the situation very closely.

I must stress that it isn't the right place to talk about politics. Do I also need to justify that too?

1> Upcoming patchnotes is perfectly clear to anyone who speaks english.
2> 10 days? Big whoops. It doesn't matter how long advance it is. I'd rather they published them early than waited till they were sure. 

Really sounds like you are been overly picky and entitled. They already replied Friday why they haven't released it yet.

11 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

@Candle_86@Grayknight Never said or implied current situation isn't a big deal. I follow the situation very closely.

I must stress that it isn't the right place to talk about politics. Do I also need to justify that too?

It's not politics, its called global terrorism, look I get it given your now removed profile picture and name your pro Russia and don't want to hear the facts of the matter, but this isn't politics this is a state of emergency as a terrorist at the helm of a country has decided to take what he pleases, and instead your worried about a video game.