Game-Labs Forum

Player Suggestions - January/February

Nick Thomadis

16 hours ago, Admiral Lütjens said:

sooooo good, i think i'm a bit clumsy😁😁 I want to ask something, how did you change the design of the torpedo tubes? I fixed it in the graff spee design. It would be great if those graf spee balls were more than 12 inches 13-14-15 or something 

it was 1935 tech with 20 inch torps on the Big Panzerschiff Hull 

• Thanks 1

Flooding: currently, once a compartment is fully flooded, it can't be further flooded. That's fine, and it makes sense.
The problem is that once a ship has most of its compartments flooded, and reduced to less than 10% floatation, getting inflicting further flooding on the intact compartments becomes difficult, as the chance to hit an already flooded (saturated) compartment is much greater than the chance of hitting an intact one.
Again, that makes some sense, but realistically the ship would then be so low in the water that hits on compartments normally above the waterline should cause flooding too.

Might that be an idea to reduce survavability on smaller ships?

Suggestion:
Once a ship has been reduced to a certain % of floatation, hits to the next dech up should also potentially cause flooding.

flooding.thumb.jpg.df304153ef3d27a92a6852e648c1f6e5.jpg

Example: the light cruiser is flooding heavily at the stern.
Top: current game mechanics. She will go down eventually, being under heavy fire, but it's gonna take some time.
Bottom: my suggestion, with the stern so low in the water, the already shredded compartments on the next deck up should be flooding too, and the ship would be sinking.

To balance it out, make it slightly harder to inflict flooding in the first place.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Panzergraf said:

Flooding: currently, once a compartment is fully flooded, it can't be further flooded. That's fine, and it makes sense.
The problem is that once a ship has most of its compartments flooded, and reduced to less than 10% floatation, getting inflicting further flooding on the intact compartments becomes difficult, as the chance to hit an already flooded (saturated) compartment is much greater than the chance of hitting an intact one.
Again, that makes some sense, but realistically the ship would then be so low in the water that hits on compartments normally above the waterline should cause flooding too.

Suggestion:
Once a ship has been reduced to a certain % of floatation, hits to the next dech up should also potentially cause flooding.

Top: current game mechanics. She will go down eventually, being under heavy fire, but it's gonna take some time.
Bottom: my suggestion, with the stern so low in the water, the already shredded compartments on the next deck up should be flooding too, and the ship would be sinking.

To balance it out, make it slightly harder to inflict flooding in the first place.

Well first they'd have to model out the actual plan of armored cruisers and battleships where they where designed to have their end's shot apart and remain afloat, meaning the fore and aft outside of the citadel should be able to be fully flooded with water as long as the citadel is intact the ship won't sink though.

• Like 1

I really like this Idea it would give ships a way more dynamicla way of sinking and would make the game look so much more interesting. But I also get that implementing that would be really hard. And I think that there are currently bigger problems in the game (Ai ship designs/ AI Decision Making/ Economy in the Campaign/ etc.)

But I would love to eventually see this in the game :)

Considerig that water conducts shockwaves better than air, it might make sense to have a small chance to floor compartments adjecent to flooded section when the already flooded section is hit below the waterline again.

There's only so much punishment a bulkhead is going to be able to withstand.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2022 at 11:33 AM, Nick Thomadis said:

You can continue posting requests on the same thread (I will rename the title). The beta is expected to come, if all things are ok, by the end of next week.

PS. One other major feature that was asked many times the last year is going to be added. Customization of Beam and Draught for the ships.

will we get a comprehensive list of what's being added prior to the beta it's just at the moment a lot of stuff mentioned is fragmented 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Panzergraf said:

Suggestion:

We already fixed that issue for the next update. After a certain water threshold, flooding will start spreading to next sections, in sequence, all over the ship. The very small ships will become more vulnerable as they will not be able to withstand multiple simultaneous sections that are flooding. 

EDIT:
The list of upcoming features has been updated.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Toby said:

@Nick Thomadisthe updated features list seems to indeicate that the 1.5 update is not including other nations or diplomacy etc. if so any reason why its been dropped|?

We will give another update for this, as there will be too many changes for one single update and a lot of issues can happen for players.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

We will give another update for this, as there will be too many changes for one single update and a lot of issues can happen for players.

So, no long campaign... I'm frankly disappointed to see that what should be the absolute top priority, that's it, making the campaign reasonably functional, is being delayed in favour of things that are absolutely irrelevant without it. Because, let's be real, what would make the game worth its price tag is a good campaign. In it's current state... Even at a 75% discount price tag seems pricy.

The good thing from this is that I get another month break from the game.

Edit: Just checked the game's popularity on Steam. The game's approval, which was at an 84% on release, has been doing nothing but steadily decrease since... Currently is sitting at 77% overall, and recent is dropping by another 4 points, showing the clearly descendent tendence. Most complains are rooted in that, with the current state of the top feature, the campaign, the game is not even remotely close to be worth its price... Do you honestly think you can afford to keep delaying the much needed campaign expansion?

Edited by The PC Collector
  • Like 1

@nick I am sorry to say that Nick but i belive that long campaign should be a top priority, current game if you play campaign for longer then one game is not really fun, nothing new will heapen. I understand need to change a features but i think you make a mistake by deleying it. 

If you cannot add peace can you:

- Add more british and german hulls for 1890? 
- Add unfair dificulty that would give AI more ships each year so game can last for more then few battles? 

Edited by Grayknight
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Captain Meow said:

Without multiplayer even campaigns will get boring eventually.

Maybe, but at least a long campaign with multiple nations involved, would offer a good degree of replayability, as the campaigns won't be predictable, as you will need to adapt. Right now we have a content that can beat in an evening of playing...

Edited by The PC Collector
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Worry_Rock said:

I don't know if there is any real way to prevent this, but in my campaign the a.i created a heavy cruiser that can go 29.6 knots in 1900. These ships are very tedious and annoying to play against and I'd like to know if I could prevent it.

Probably said heavy cruiser is absolutely lackluster in any other regard. So, you need to adapt. Is a great part of what this game is about. Pretty much as what happened in reality, you have to adapt to what other navies have in their arsenals.

• Like 1

Hey can we get a way to unmothball ships in mass or to mothball in mass. Let's say i build 10-15 destroyers right now the game sends them all to mothballs and i then get to go one by one. same thing for in being/sea control can we get an option where we can highlight a group and set the status.

Also really happy ship refits are coming next, it means my older ships don't just have to be scrapped and are useless because i can't give them a radio or rangefinders or even newer shells, now they to hopefully can get upgrades like ships historically did. 

The map will be expanded to cover the whole Europe and Mediterranean, there will be alliances with many nations and the war is going to be much more complex. There is no delay actually, it is just that we will deliver a patch sooner with the big map and more nations, and afterwards the longer campaign, so players will not have to wait for a prolonged patch. Peace.

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

The map will be expanded to cover the whole Europe and Mediterranean, there will be alliances with many nations and the war is going to be much more complex. There is no delay actually, it is just that we will deliver a patch sooner with the big map and more nations, and afterwards the longer campaign, so players will not have to wait for a prolonged patch. Peace.

Oh, so you are actually splitting the next major update into two, and all of this was nothing but a miscommunication issue. My apologies then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

I'm randomly about ever 2 hours swapping the game to beta and seeing if its updated to 1.05 BETA, im very much excited 

12 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Just to confirm, can we expect 1.05 by end of the week?

• Like 1