Game-Labs Forum

Player Suggestions - January/February

Nick Thomadis

1 hour ago, Toby said:

@Nick Thomadiswhen is the febuary requests page going to be added and when can we expect the beta of the next patch?

You can continue posting requests on the same thread (I will rename the title). The beta is expected to come, if all things are ok, by the end of next week.

PS. One other major feature that was asked many times the last year is going to be added. Customization of Beam and Draught for the ships.

• Like 15

42 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

You can continue posting requests on the same thread (I will rename the title). The beta is expected to come, if all things are ok, by the end of next week.

PS. One other major feature that was asked many times the last year is going to be added. Customization of Beam and Draught for the ships.

Do you mean beam and draught is coming in the next update or beam and draught is something you're working on for an unspecified time in the future?

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I would like to add some suggestions on how to improve the game:

1. Dont end a battle when there are torpedos in the water or any ship is in danger of being sunk. When you atttack a single enemy BB with a horde of TBs and there are 8 torpedos in the water and all your TBs are killed, the battle ends immediatly (as a loss !) Although some seconds later the BB would have been sunk. This behaviour is messing up the results of a battle.

2. At the moment, torpedo launchers are working binary. They can hold fire or launch all torpedos at once. The AI aiming mechanics are poor, it only accounts for the current position of a target. Even if the target is currently doing a hard turn, this is not taken into account. Therefor, a lot of torpedos (even with 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x launchers) do miss. I suggest that it is possible to launch torpedos with a delay. An example: You have 2 quadruple launchers. You can set a number of torpedos that should be launched and a delay. I choose 2 torpedos and 10 seconds. The first salvo is 2 torpedos. The second salvo is 2 torpedos but 10 seconds after the first. The third salvo is fired 20 seconds after the first and contains 2 torpedos. The last salvo is another 2 torpedos, fired 30 seconds after the first.

3. In the campaign, we have some important values like naval funds, unrest, naval prestige, monthly naval budget and total expenses. At the moment, it is only possible to see the current values for this month. I would like to see the changes compared to the month before, e.g. did i lose prestige or did i gain prestige.

4. In the campaign, it is possible that you are blockaded. In this case, there is a very important value, the power projection (short pp).

From my point of view, the AI is currently cheating on pp. It builds cheap ships with maximum range but crap combat values. Every time I encouter the enemy ships, they got destroyed. Allthough it is very clear that these ships have only paper values, the pp still count them as full !!! I suggest that pp calculation is expanded by a rule: If a nation is scoring less than 33% victory points a month, its pp is reduced by 50%. So if a nation is only building paper ships that are unable to fight but boost their pp, it will suffer 50% pp reduction the first month, another 50% the second month, another 50% the third month and so on.

Kind Regards,

Zorroot

Edited by zorroot
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

In the next major update.

Thanks for the info Nick. I think many are looking forward to beam and draught customization.

6 hours ago, Hale said:

Can the campaign be modified to continue through war and peace, similar to how RTW2 works? 

It won't have to be modified. This is coming imminently.

• Like 2

For own ships there should be auto-choosing a target with a higher % of hit if earlier manually set target gets far away while there are other much closer enemy ships around.

Example: custom battle, 1895, I set for some of my ships to target a certain enemy ship which was the closest ship at that time with high % of hit. Then I switched to other divisions & for some while forgot about my that earlier ship. Once returned to it, I see it still keeps firing at that certain enemy ship which now is far away with like 1% of hit while there are other enemy ships with much higher % of hit not far from my ship. 

So, ability for own ships which aren't under player's focus (and not under AI command) to auto-switch aiming from earlier manually set target to a higher-hit-chance target once there's a some difference in %'s - would be very welcome! 

Edited by Captain Meow

14 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

In the next major update.

very excited to hear, but.  Draft always seemed just kinda extreme to me in the measurements-  In this regard, does the game measure from keel to main deck height? or simply below waterline?

Im assuming the former, & draft modification would be just the freeboard of the ship? but if not.... 😃

Edited by slightlytreasonous

fog mechanics shouldn't just be on dd's , should be able to use it in bc , bb , ca and cl's , we should be able to add and remove in the ship creation screen at different times ( especially short-term for bb's ) in short it can be like in world of warships also a few ships wouldn't be bad at all german O-class ships( like agir , siegfried) and scharnhorst class andddd new german ships coming to world of warships , i may have given many examples from wows but i cant think of anything else sorry :(

physical fog, mist and other weather mechanics would be nice. Also the waves being calm or really choppy depending on whether its rough or not. Plus i guess a new skybox, but then this can be done at a much later date when the core mechanics have been either designed, fleshed out and/or introduced in full.

Very happy to hear we will be able to disable autoavoidance, as it honestly makes the game unplayable in its current state, the next biggest gripe for me is when will you remove the ai's bow thrusters for torpedo avoidance? The ai ships could and indeed still can dodge torpedos with the same ridiculous dance steps as the previous (and removed thank goodness) ai avoidance the player ships could do provided they were part of a battleline. Because i honestly tire of watching torpedos that should hit, being dodged by an ai battleship or heavy cruiser spinning on the spot and turning 120degrees to avoid without any effect of inertia of a 15+ thousand ton ship doing 18+ knots..

• Like 6

On 2/3/2022 at 1:02 PM, Admiral Lütjens said:

fog mechanics shouldn't just be on dd's , should be able to use it in bc , bb , ca and cl's , we should be able to add and remove in the ship creation screen at different times ( especially short-term for bb's ) in short it can be like in world of warships also a few ships wouldn't be bad at all german O-class ships( like agir , siegfried) and scharnhorst class andddd new german ships coming to world of warships , i may have given many examples from wows but i cant think of anything else sorry :(

Dont even start mentioning that sorry as excuse of a game. First DD were able to lay Smokescreens. No give or take! But I agree that basicly all of the other Ship-Classes were also able of deploying smokescreen, an example would be Prince of Wales after having been hit heavy in the engagement with Bismarck and Prinz Eugen. To cover her retreat she deployed the Smoke Canisters on her stern and vanished in the mist. 

And if you want a O-Class Panzerschiff, build it! 1940 tech is enought to make it work, you just need to try. What I agree on is that we need more Superstructure stuff. I mean we got like ONE Tower for ALL of the Ligher Cruiser from 1920 onwards. And please dont ristric the placement of Barbettes. I can never put the were I want them. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BionikSheep said:

Very happy to hear we will be able to disable autoavoidance, as it honestly makes the game unplayable in its current state, the next biggest gripe for me is when will you remove the ai's bow thrusters for torpedo avoidance? The ai ships could and indeed still can dodge torpedos with the same ridiculous dance steps as the previous (and removed thank goodness) ai avoidance the player ships could do provided they were part of a battleline. Because i honestly tire of watching torpedos that should hit, being dodged by an ai battleship or heavy cruiser spinning on the spot and turning 120degrees to avoid without any effect of inertia of a 15+ thousand ton ship doing 18+ knots..

Yea it's amazing watching a battlecruiser with 3 dead engines moving at .3 knots be able to dodge a torpedo fired from 3km away because it managed to spin it's self so it's target is only the stern instead of port or starboard. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Andvarus said:

Dont even start mentioning that sorry as excuse of a game. First DD were able to lay Smokescreens. No give or take! But I agree that basicly all of the other Ship-Classes were also able of deploying smokescreen, an example would be Prince of Wales after having been hit heavy in the engagement with Bismarck and Prinz Eugen. To cover her retreat she deployed the Smoke Canisters on her stern and vanished in the mist. 

And if you want a O-Class Panzerschiff, build it! 1940 tech is enought to make it work, you just need to try. What I agree on is that we need more Superstructure stuff. I mean we got like ONE Tower for ALL of the Ligher Cruiser from 1920 onwards. And please dont ristric the placement of Barbettes. I can never put the were I want them. 

This is what I mean by superstructure for the O-class anyway. Of course, these are not things that will be instant, it is necessary to wait, but it is necessary to specify the requests and problems. And of course the hull's requirement to support these and more. Sorry, my english is a bit bad so i tried to explain as necessary in my previous post so it seems a bit wrong😁😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Admiral Lütjens said:

This is what I mean by superstructure for the O-class anyway. Of course, these are not things that will be instant, it is necessary to wait, but it is necessary to specify the requests and problems. And of course the hull's requirement to support these and more. Sorry, my english is a bit bad so i tried to explain as necessary in my previous post so it seems a bit wrong😁😁

Btw you can build some pretty O-Classish ships even now and dont forget the stuff World of Warships has in it is MADE up mostly, espacially since most of the plans for those classes were pre war and WG decided to make em more late warish image.thumb.png.7cf1a495b1159c625161ee813681fff8.png

image.thumb.png.846f19ef843bd1d528ea75a74739ce7c.png

image.thumb.png.1610b1fe96795cd14cddb424f8a1d96e.png

I slapped this one together in less than half an hour. ;)

Edited by Andvarus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since this is now the February thread may as well link this thread

And this one...

Many of the weights in the ship designer are way out of kilter and in serious need of adjustment.  It would be really nice to know if there's any intention of actually dressing this at some point.

Edited by Kane
  • Like 1

Just now, Koogus said:

Sorry if anyone has brought this up already but I would love to have the ability to control the ships beam (width) similarly to how we can control how long the Length of a ship is in the ship designer.

They said that, and draught, will be adjustable in the next patch/update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Andvarus said:

Btw you can build some pretty O-Classish ships even now and dont forget the stuff World of Warships has in it is MADE up mostly, espacially since most of the plans for those classes were pre war and WG decided to make em more late warish image.thumb.png.7cf1a495b1159c625161ee813681fff8.png

image.thumb.png.846f19ef843bd1d528ea75a74739ce7c.png

image.thumb.png.1610b1fe96795cd14cddb424f8a1d96e.png

I slapped this one together in less than half an hour. ;)

sooooo good, i think i'm a bit clumsy😁😁 I want to ask something, how did you change the design of the torpedo tubes? I fixed it in the graff spee design. It would be great if those graf spee balls were more than 12 inches 13-14-15 or something 

Hello to all, 

I don't know if someone has already requested it but it would be very convenient to have some different saves at least linked to the campaign so that you can also have more different active campaigns.

I'm looking forward to using new factions and being able to move ships around the world as I want.

Best regards!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Koogus said:

Sorry if anyone has brought this up already but I would love to have the ability to control the ships beam (width) similarly to how we can control how long the Length of a ship is in the ship designer.

Once thats done, later down the road and internal designer would be nice even if its using basic primitives like cubes and cuboids to simulate, boilers, engines, magazine rooms, crew quarters etc. adds a bit more depth to ship building and also can add some more depth to damage models too and their effects on overall combat ability. 

• Like 3