Game-Labs Forum

Player Suggestions - January/February

Nick Thomadis

I would love sometime after more major issues and features have been addressed to be able to sell ships to smaller navies, as I believe that smaller navies were mentioned to be or were supposed to be simulated in the game so to sell I don't know an old heavy cruiser to Greece or Brazil or one of the many navies around the world would be a fun and historically accurate detail in the game! (Also you could also mark certain classes as "For Export" or "Available for Purchase") 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ihatebc said:

I would love sometime after more major issues and features have been addressed to be able to sell ships to smaller navies, as I believe that smaller navies were mentioned to be or were supposed to be simulated in the game so to sell I don't know an old heavy cruiser to Greece or Brazil or one of the many navies around the world would be a fun and historically accurate detail in the game! (Also you could also mark certain classes as "For Export" or "Available for Purchase") 

To go with that being able to mark a ship that is old but maybe has won many battles which would make it famous to be marked as donation hold. This would increase naval prestige and lower unrest but would be a continuing drain on the naval budget maybe half of mothball because you still have to supervise and ensure it's being maintained properly. I'd say we'd need to introduce a way to track battle stars for a ship though and only those of merit would warrant it, it also depends on available facilities ect. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Candle_86 said:

To go with that being able to mark a ship that is old but maybe has won many battles which would make it famous to be marked as donation hold. This would increase naval prestige and lower unrest but would be a continuing drain on the naval budget maybe half of mothball because you still have to supervise and ensure it's being maintained properly. I'd say we'd need to introduce a way to track battle stars for a ship though and only those of merit would warrant it, it also depends on available facilities ect. 

could go a few miles further, even. "The museum organization controlling X ship has requested usage of a drydock to perform maintenance, yes/no/give me money?"  yes=Slipway spent,(if thats ever a thing) a tad prestige gain. no=They find a private dock, maybe they dont, maybe you even get to have your own "Texas fiasco" and take a prestige hit for that. money=money.  Or none.  

Pulling a museum ship into service like USS Oregon- being a absolutely terrible person just like whoever decided to scrap her, or not, etc...

Point is, museum ships would be really cool and have lots of room to add huge amounts of flavor, even if you just slice it down to random events.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, slightlytreasonous said:

could go a few miles further, even. "The museum organization controlling X ship has requested usage of a drydock to perform maintenance, yes/no/give me money?"  yes=Slipway spent,(if thats ever a thing) a tad prestige gain. no=They find a private dock, maybe they dont, maybe you even get to have your own "Texas fiasco" and take a prestige hit for that. money=money.  Or none.  

Pulling a museum ship into service like USS Oregon- being a absolutely terrible person just like whoever decided to scrap her, or not, etc...

Point is, museum ships would be really cool and have lots of room to add huge amounts of flavor, even if you just slice it down to random events.

Yes I agree, I'd also like to see a way to reclassify a ship like the Kearsarge being turned into Crane Ship 3, something like that down the road would be cool, but im not sure if Auxiliaries are planned at all. 

• Like 1

Sinking of the ship should be further improved:

1) There's a notable sudden change of list once the ship is sinking, like it had 0-10 degrees list to one side before sinking & the next frame it has 20-45 degrees once it starts sinking.

2) Saying it yet again - ships should be able to capsize!   It's likely it would capsize than not capsize, especially pre-dreadnoughts.

3) Sinking speed should be tweaked. The less of hull is above water the faster it should sink. I watched how towers/masts of my pre-dreadnought BB were going down for another several minutes.

4) I don't think the (Sinking) should be visible for as long as the ship is sinking. Better it be visible for 5 seconds & then the designation disappears & is visible only at mouse-hover over that sinking ship.

5) Once an enemy ship starts sinking, the red aim line from my ship should no longer be pointing at it but switch to other closest enemy ship.

Edited by Captain Meow
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Candle_86 said:

This would go very well with the introduction of Admirals/ Captains, which could earn experience and gain medals aswell. For example, HMS Victory is know the be THE Flagship of Admiral Nelson, altough he didn't command her for very long and he had prefered the HMS Agamemnon. (I know he died on Victory in Trafalgar, which is the main reason why Victory is so famous but still). 

1 hour ago, Captain Meow said:

Sinking of the ship should be further improved:

1) There's a notable sudden change of list once the ship is sinking, like it had 0-10 degrees list to one side before sinking & the next frame it has 20-45 degrees once it starts sinking.

2) Saying it yet again - ships should be able to capsize!   It's likely it would capsize than not capsize, especially pre-dreadnoughts.

3) Sinking speed should be tweaked. The less of hull is above water the faster it should sink. I watched how towers/masts of my pre-dreadnought BB were going down for another several minutes.

4) I don't think the (Sinking) should be visible for as long as the ship is sinking. Better it be visible for 5 seconds & then the designation disappears & is visible only at mouse-hover over that sinking ship.

5) Once an enemy ship starts sinking, the red aim line from my ship should no longer be pointing at it but switch to other closest enemy ship.

First point is something I noticed aswell as soon as v1.04 dropped. It seem that the game can't render the movementspeed without a sudden change in list. 

And yeah Ships should be able to capsize. Taking a look back most ship that were sunk in action from the Ironclad-era onwards, either capsizerd during sinking or exploded and broke apart. neither are currently possible in the game and it would give the game such an awesome atmosphere while beeing in the battles.

• Like 2

When mouse-hovering over certain gun (or torpedo launcher) in the right window wish tilt ranges were indicated how it's in ship designer (and how its in UA: Age of Sail). Gets annoying to keep angling the ship & checking if certain guns fire or not.

pgoPw5qwIyUB.jpg?o=1

Also, would be nice to have on towers rangefinders visually rotating together with turrets.

Edited by Captain Meow
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

I unlocked the ability to build Battleship 3 with Austria Hungary and the only primary towers available are cage-masts, which to my knowledge AUH never used. Is this just an issue of AUH not having their own BB3 hull yet and thus using the US variant?

Most likely is due to the hulls that are planned to be part of the full 1.05v release not being yet implemented.

• Like 2

Since it hasn't been impremented in the current beta patch, allow me to re-state a previous suggestion.

Please allow us to delete ship templates in the campaign also once they've been used.

Right now the moment you queue up a ship to be built, even if you immediately cancel it, you can't delete the template anymore and it will stay there until the end of the campaign. And this even includes templates you can't even build anymore, due to the used hull having been flagged as obsolete, needlessly cluttering up the screen and potentially also bloating the save-file.

Edited by Norbert Sattler