Game-Labs Forum

Skeksis

Pirates and rebels maybe.

Maybe a scenario uploader so others can look at other peeps scenarios and play them out, would help youtubers out alot as well.

Oh and troop and civilian boat designers or placers, so we can have beach assualts (without the assualt lol) and civillian and cargo convoys too.

For weather conditions you could set how severe it can be and how frequent it changes, plus changes to accuracy, visibility etc.

• Like 2

Being able to build a library of ships would be very beneficial.  The idea is that I can create a battle between the ships I have designed, and put in a library,  without having to design ships for each battle.  

This idea segues into a library of historical ships.  It might be interesting, and fun, to see the Nagato fight the Bismarck, or have a fleet action of  Germany versus Japan in each WWI and WWII.  (Think:  The Germans did not have to give up the Marshall Islands after WWI and needed to defend them during WWII.)

I really want to see the HMS Dreadnought against a late WWII Baltimore class CA.  The ships had similar displacement.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I spent hours designing two ships yesterday thinking they were to be saved. But alas this pollywog to the game was mistaken. In custom battles of course no designs save. If it were possible to save designs, then pick my own designs for all the ships on my side I could basically do a 'very roughly simulated campaign' myself. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 9:45 PM, Skeksis said:

An update guide for the new team regrading Custom Battles development.    

Essential:

• Scenario saves (see note).
  • Designing all ships (including enemies).*

General:

• Cargo ship designing.
  • Coastal maps.
  • Set fleet locations and directions.**
  • Set AI retreat level.
  • Set submarine threat level (for each side).
  • Set weather conditions.
  • Multiple nations, with options to choose/set allies/enemy.
  • Select the AI designer logic and priority weighting (e.g. Firepower, amour speed). by @SonicB.

Other Options:

• Save ship library, for cross scenario deployment.
  • Ironclads.
  • Auxiliary cruisers.
  • The ability to continue the battle after the win condition has been meet.

* If not possible to design every single ship, then what would be warranted is a cap for slots, at least 10 (0-9) designable slots, per side, 'of any class' so we can design a few different BBs, some different CLs etc. etc. etc. I’ve noticed CCs mostly uses Custom Battles for their video’s and I think it’s because scenario building can be varied across such a wide canvas, 1890-1939, TBs-BBs, it gives them the ability to keep producing different content. Add in 10 designable slots per side and all saveable, would turn Custom Battles into a long term repeatable content producing asset.

** Could be as simple as setting locations as north/east/south/west, direction north/east/south/west, for both enemy and your fleet. Coastal maps would work better with such settings. These settings could be used to setup a chase, intercept or charge scenarios (along with setting retreat level etc.).

Note:

Summary:
When development is issued for Custom Battles we want to ‘maximize’ its ‘development allocation’ and so therefore everyone feel free to post and debate your ideas to build a collective guide for developers and help guide Custom Battles future.

SO GOOD İDEA

• Like 1

Yes, a library would be helpful. Then I could save the 15, 18, and 21 gun designs I come up with. Not to mention the 40+ torpedo broadside cruiser...And other designs I've seen on youtube.

While I appreciate the historical. My thought it is, its been done and dusted, documented 3 ways from Sunday. Let's look at alternative designs to possibly give the historical a run for the money effectively speaking.

Yes, I support custom battles having far more custom to them than simply ships in the long run.

Landform usage: Solomon Islands and Guadalcanal areas. Possibly a sliver of the Philippines and also a landmass depicting Tsuchima strait as well.

All likely added down the road of course.

And I actually disagree with the designing enemies all the time. Perhaps the option to use a battle template for fleet composition from a corresponding battle to the landmass chosen. Or a series of check boxes perhaps on type of allowed hulls or something similar to where the spirit of the enemy fleet is determined by the options  you picked before the ship design phase.

Edited by Adm.Hawklyn
Added more

8 hours ago, Adm.Hawklyn said:

And I actually disagree with the designing enemies all the time.

I think no one here asking to disable randomizer - we want more options not less.

4 hours ago, Skeksis said:

In all of UAD history you are the very first to counter all designable ships.

I recall at least one another protector of "Surprise me" button. As if someone gonna take it away.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1.Give a choice to add sandbanks for ships to get stuck on. Or maybe even reefs that can rip open the bottom of your hull. And cause flooding.  Also add a slider to decide how many sandbanks and reefs you want appearing. 

2.Icebergs would be a nice addition as well. They can provide cover for smaller ships while also being dangerous if you crash into them. Imagine your rudder being taken out and your ship steers uncontrollably towards an iceberg. Weather effects combined with day and night settings will decide the visibility of the bergs, together with overall ship visibility,

The above would be nice to stop the map design from becoming bland with just sea everywhere without obstacles. It would also make you able to use the map to your advantage.

Edited by ReefKip
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Skeksis said:

Dev's, I see that the steam store page release date has been updated to "TBA 2021", not even a quarterly goal, so how about pushing some time into Custom Battles to carry the game through the next few quarterlies. I'm sure a few weeks here in development would have huge results in game satisfaction and popularity.   

All designable and all savable is all the inspiration Custom Battles and the game needs. Especially for those CCs, they just keep posting out those videos and they're consistent too, I do wonder what they would 'produce' with a fully operational Custom Battles editor!

Bumped again! for the new year.

If nothing else than for the reason saves will greatly aid bug/change testing and validation, not to mention more enjoyable alpha testing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well next patch will have both campaign and custom battle improvements, im guessing they will do smaller patches inbetween all the core patches incrementally adding smaller bits as time goes on, if the Q&A thing is a good indicator to go on.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...