Game-Labs Forum

Improve Port Investments

@admin I will not name the Nation, but here is the problem we face. When map was first reset large clans quickly migrated from other nations and capped ports, then those large clans left and their leaders no longer play for this Nation (clans still exist, but not active). When clan is trying to friend other clans they do not respond, but they are owners of those capped ports and block port investments and expansion. My clan has resources and money to expand ports, but can not do it due to original leaders and their members are no longer present. To me this is a broken mechanic that can be easily abused to suppress growth and expansion of other nations.

What can you suggest we do? @admin

Edited by Gandalf The White

It's been suggested many times that we need some system to remove dead clans and ALT clans within you nations.   While on PvE they have the Raiders attack lesser used ports, this suppose to be a means to remove them, but it doesn't help if it's an active port that folks actually use (not the dead clan or said alt clan) and well it isn't on the PvP server.   Even a simple hand off port in Nation would help a lot as it's been a problem too where if you drop a port it looses investment and you have risk of others taking it cause the AI window might not be in your window of operation.   Best solution for the last part there is to not have a set window the first day a port is dropped so if it's a trade off it can be done, than have AI set a window for that port.    Drop ports don't have cool downs so this wouldn't effect lost ports to AI (on PvE server) or to players (on PvP).  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If the port owner clan is absent, how is the port tax/fee paid? 

I really have no clue how the port finances work.

Perhaps a port owner clan should be required to pay a monthly fee for the port, higher proportional to the tax income .  If the clan fails to pay, the port goes into receivership and reverts into to a neutral port.

Edited by Macjimm

10 hours ago, Macjimm said:

If the port owner clan is absent, how is the port tax/fee paid? 

If it is a large well used port it can probably self sustain on income. The bigger issue is clans having left the nation but still maintaining an alt in the old clan to keep the ports, thus being able to funnel funds out of a nation from a profitable port and restrict what a nation can do with that port.

But even if a clan leaving the nation wanted to hand over to another clan, it is not possible without losing some of the port investments. So in some cases the leaving clan keeping control through alts can help the nation they left as they can still allow the nation access to the investments as before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

If it is a large well used port it can probably self sustain on income

So port fees/tax  is paid automatically,  no action is required by the port clan?

Perhaps it would help if the port owner-clan is required to actively make a monthly payment.

Edited by Macjimm

14 hours ago, Macjimm said:

So port fees/tax  is paid automatically,  no action is required by the port clan?

Perhaps it would help if the port owner-clan is required to actively make a monthly payment.

Every morning after maintenance down time it comes out of the Clan bank, if the funds or short it comes from the create.  If that is short than ports will drop, but if some one puts millions in there and or the port makes enough money to pay for it self it will just stay with the clan.   When funds are short it starts to drop ports if more than one is owned.  It pays the tax according to oldest port own and than the next port and next until funds run out.  So if you own 5 ports and only can pay for 4, the newest one will drop first.   

57 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Every morning after maintenance down time it comes out of the Clan bank

Thanks for the explaination.  Seemly like a simple fix to adress absentee clans owing ports forever.  Just change the mechanics so that the process is not automatic, but manual. At least manual every couple weeks, or months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Macjimm said:

Thanks for the explaination.  Seemly like a simple fix to adress absentee clans owing ports forever.  Just change the mechanics so that the process is not automatic, but manual. At least manual every couple weeks, or months.

Manual wouldn't be good for those of us with real lives.  What if we skip a payment cause we are working?  I just came off doing 12 hour shifts since the first of the year and I can't be on all the time as clan leader compared to back when I was on all the time.  That is why folks are suggesting actual in game mechanics.