Game-Labs Forum

Our port turned neutral! La Navasse on Peace-Server

Goal

23 minutes ago, cmdrbobcito said:

Exactly how does a game bring in and keep players if it's  rules are arbitrary? 

Does anyone in this game think every one should win a trophy, so their feelings are not hurt.

Equal outcomes for unequal input is not attractive to those who have earned something and invested in it.

Sabotage is something the Dev's need to also guard against in the design of their game.   Only the Clan chief should be able to make a Clan owned port neutral.

not a single key stroke function either...it's harder to drop an outpost for a player than it is to apparently drop a Clan owned port.  that's because over the years of development many players complained about mistakenly cancelling an outpost.

I have played this game nearly daily for more than 4 years on all of it's servers...I have to think there is something more to this issue than is currently being fessed up to...  

It's actually only clan creator and diplomats that are able to set a port to neutral. If u've been sabotaged in that regard - then it's you who has invested trust in someone who shouldn't have it.

11 hours ago, admin said:

Not the server of course. Human sabotage, some clans were sabotaged before (money taken out) or port made neutral, or resources stolen, by other members and officers. 

Any ways. the issue in under investigation. Hold on.

I just saw this topic and also did notice Navasse was missing from our port inventory (I just returned from vacation).  If the mistake was human error we will move on, however if it's a programming error it's return will be very much appreciated. I defer to your investigation and let that decide. 

1 hour ago, cmdrbobcito said:

Exactly how does a game bring in and keep players if it's  rules are arbitrary? 

Does anyone in this game think every one should win a trophy, so their feelings are not hurt.

Equal outcomes for unequal input is not attractive to those who have earned something and invested in it.

Sabotage is something the Dev's need to also guard against in the design of their game.   Only the Clan chief should be able to make a Clan owned port neutral.

not a single key stroke function either...it's harder to drop an outpost for a player than it is to apparently drop a Clan owned port.  that's because over the years of development many players complained about mistakenly cancelling an outpost.

I have played this game nearly daily for more than 4 years on all of it's servers...I have to think there is something more to this issue than is currently being fessed up to...  

Only clan creator and Diplomats can do it, so you need to have trusted officers in those position.  The reason for 4 folks total is cause Clan leaders have gone MIA and some of us have real lives so can't be on all the time.  If you don't have folks you trust in those position or in your clan than you might want to think about who all you let in.

Than again there is a reason I have an alt clan to store all /MY/ stuff in so if some one was to sabotage a clan I'm in or lead of we have back up.    Than again I don't let any random person be officer but I also don't keep it so strict no one can get into the clan warehouse either.   If one of the Diplomats set it to neutral than they have other issues in there clan to worry about.

16 hours ago, Goal said:

Somehow our port la navasse turned neutral after today's maintanence-break! There was no warning and no defencebattle, we want our port back! i allready made a F11, but did not get any answer yet, so i post it here as well

Bug confirmed and was found. No Sabotage was found. Apparently you had toooo much money and due to extremely large numbers, some system did not work correctly during maintenance. Bug was fixed now. 

Port will be reverted to your ownership as soon as it can be done. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cmdrbobcito said:

I notice no one seems to want to address the very real situation that dropping an out post is a more protected mechanic than neutralizing a Clan Port...

I agree there's a big red button and once clicked port is dropped. No question "are you sure" no number confirmation.