Game-Labs Forum

USS Pennsylvania 140 guns (1837)

Jay Gatsby

What a monster. :wub:

Indeed, it's 1830. But i think devs care about the launch date, not the the laid down date, even if the construction was delayed.

However, never say never. ;) it could change

The problem i see with this ship is its huge shell guns.

• Like 1

Should count the year of design, and not the end of construction. The HMS Trincomalee was designed in 1816 and the USS Pennsylvania in 1821 with only 5 years apart

I agree with you, as long as the delayed date do not bring improvements of 1840 in a 1821 design.

Should count the year of design, and not the end of construction. The HMS Trincomalee was designed in 1816 and the USS Pennsylvania in 1821 with only 5 years apart

As meatpukk says,Trincomalee is a Leda class frigate, and the design for these dates from 1796 (when HMS Leda was ordered).

No please...I don't get why people in online games always want BIGGER, FASTER, MOAR in general vehicles. It's like the Horten in WT or fantasy tanks in WoT. Yes, bigger could seem cool and funnier, but are you sure?

This is a ship born at the end of the game timeframe (or after), with a firepower capable of destroying everything else, with a negligible service career. Why choosing this ship instead of vessels that made history in the timeframe?

It's like all the people in WT that want that special Bf 109 version only built as a prototipe or that Yak that only exists in blueprints, while the game has only one P-40 version available.

• Like 2

No please...I don't get why people in online games always want BIGGER, FASTER, MOAR in general vehicles. It's like the Horten in WT or fantasy tanks in WoT. Yes, bigger could seem cool and funnier, but are you sure?

This is a ship born at the end of the game timeframe (or after), with a firepower capable of destroying everything else, with a negligible service career. Why choosing this ship instead of vessels that made history in the timeframe?

It's like all the people in WT that want that special Bf 109 version only built as a prototipe or that Yak that only exists in blueprints, while the game has only one P-40 version available.

To be fair if no game ever adds special stuff then every game will be the same, noticed there were many tank games before WOT rose to fame and I suspect it was the special tanks that made it stand out.

Not to mention the odds of having that ship in an age of sail game may not come around again until 10-20 years later and that is if we dont come back to this "it kills my immersion" reasoning.

I think some of you guys are silly about the timeframe. It matters as far as tactics and weaponry, otherwise you're just bitching about an arbitrary date. Was the USS Pennsylvania firing explosive shells out of guns measured in inches, and sporting iron armor? Was it steam-powered or a full-blown schooner, instead of being square rigged?

If the answer is no to any and all of these kinds of questions, what's so hard about just letting the devs decide what is and what isn't within timeframe?

If you want to express an actual opinion, that looks like this: "I DON'T THINK THAT REALLY FITS THE TIMEFRAME." See how it's phrased as a personal judgment, not as an absolute? So there's room for "discussion" on this "discussion forum?"

This, at least, is an opinion, even if it's a cynical, regressive one. Why have anything but trade ships, with that logic?

I don't like WoT for this reason (among others), everyone is running around in paper tanks and prototypes, the real tanks that fought in WW2 are all but forgotten.

I don't like WoT for this reason (among others), everyone is running around in paper tanks and prototypes, the real tanks that fought in WW2 are all but forgotten.

It sure is lovely the way so many people complain about War Thunder and World of Tanks on this Naval Action forum. You know, instead of complaining to the people that made those games.

It sure is lovely the way so many people complain about War Thunder and World of Tanks on this Naval Action forum. You know, instead of complaining to the people that made those games.

I stopped playing them. Besides, not like they will remove tanks or aircraft they have already built (especially for reasons that would cover half the units ingame).

Part of the reason so few will want a US linehship is the fact that the US built so few, and a large portion of US players will want to play as the US...and want a US lineship.

wont change the fact she is out of timeline and worse in handling than the trinidad