Game-Labs Forum

New build: brothel

Haha, in my role play as French Captain I was brothel and tavern owner on La Navasse for a long time already...

Not that it had any effect on gameplay.

Or what would you suggest those buildings would produce? One is thinking of morale boost or efficacy increasing... but we don't have a morale system outside boarding game (yet).

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Haha, in my role play as French Captain I was brothel and tavern owner on La Navasse for a long time already...

Not that it had any effect on gameplay.

Or what would you suggest those buildings would produce? One is thinking of morale boost or efficacy increasing... but we don't have a morale system outside boarding game (yet).

Oh well i was more thinking at something like information, tales and so on.

For example, brothels have often a tavern so daily, after a lil cost like all the other structures, it drops some reals and maybe  few doblon. 

Then the funny part is that: sailors will do everything for women so you have to give your brothel stuff to make it work better.

We have a lot of goods that are not use to craft but just to trade that, from what i read, are not profitable like a time.

So what If we use these stuff to craft special dinners?

For example  we could use a cheaper  whiskey and pudding  to craft  a sailor date that give you a tale:

There is a chest along the beach between Remedios and Cayo Romano: so you have to go there and check the chest you could be lucky or not

A level up more complex could be the Tycoon dinner: Gin, Salted pork, chinese tea and maybe madascar jewels to have  a trade route for an indiaman 

And so on..the top could be the Admiral Birthday: Burbon, more food, Ivory, Arctic fox pelt, Bufalo hides, french perfume, fine fabric, and you can corrupt an admiral and force him to betray his nation for love and you could have whitout a fight a Wasa 😁

That's a faster idea maybe i need to plan it better

o7

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

For example, brothels have often a tavern

(...)

Forget about brothels, instead suggest something about taverns. 

No need to promote the sexual exploitation of women. 🙂

1 hour ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

Every  harbor has a  tavern where,  daily, fisherman, sailor and officer ( maybe for some nation is better think at a naval officer club or circle)  spent some time telling stories and with a lot of rum, gin and whiskey they could say a lot of stuff, true or false, real or just fantasies like the legend of the Flying Dutchman

after a lil cost to start the activity like  all the other structures, it drops some reals and maybe  few doblons. 

Then the funny part is that: sailors will do everything for women   like to tell story to the bartender, at the buzzers,  or at the lovey waitress  so to have more information and maybe good ones, you have to give your brothel  tavern stuff to make it work better.

We have a lot of goods that are not use to craft but just to trade that, from what i read, are not profitable like a time.

So what If we use these stuff to craft special dinners?

For example  we could use a cheaper  whiskey and pudding  to craft  a sailor date  dinner that give you a tale:

There is a chest along the beach between Remedios and Cayo Romano: so you have to go there and check the chest you could be lucky or not

A level up more complex could be the Tycoon dinner: Gin, Salted pork, chinese tea and maybe madascar jewels to have  a trade route for an indiaman 

And so on..the top could be the Admiral Birthday: Burbon, more food, Ivory, Arctic fox pelt, Bufalo hides, french perfume, fine fabric, and you can corrupt an admiral and force him to betray his nation for the love of a pretty waitress and you could have without fight a Wasa 😁 or a permit to put on your trade ship to change your flag for a journey or the position of the legendary Flying Dutchman that could be a random ship maybe all to repair 

reworked like tavern

Edited by Conte D. Catellani

12 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Exactly.  That is why NA brothels are modern and not sexist.  They are non-discriminating: their "ladies"  are old men ... and sheep.

We all know you favor very long voyages around NA OW. But someone has to say it to you : you've been staying in the OW for too long... 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

I am each time doing a virtual facepalm when political correctness is forced upon historical truth for fitting the minds of the present.

Any piece of fiction (movies, video games, novels...) is driven by a set of values.

No one really interested in 'historical truth' would turn brothels into plain buildings to craft 'morale boost' or 'efficacy increasing'...

Up to you to suggest an acceptable implementation of brothels in NA.

Just my 2 cent

You can also go to the tavern of Sid Meier's Pirates to pick up ideas.

Needless to say, up to the devs to implement whatever they want.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

Conte, do you give me permission I flesh out the subject a little more in a suggestion thread of my own? I don't want to steal the idea, so I ask first if you agree. Not that anyone would notice it though... as the community is mostly dancing around their "Russia so bored they" sort of topics... :D

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 1