Game-Labs Forum

When both you and opponent are sinking

Both my ship and opponent ship taking in water fast and both almost no structure left.

I happened to sink first and soon as i sink he can exit battle and voilá.... he keep his ship and can claim victorious.

For me, if both ships are sinking, then both ships are sinking and nobody is getting out.

In suggest that if your ship is taking in water, you cannot exit battle until either a) you sink, or b) you manage to stop the ship from taking in water

This something that didn't happen recently and not really a priority among Devs to-do list. 

But haven't seen it being brought up before so here I go😉

Salut!

• Like 12

12 hours ago, Raekur said:

How dare you look for reality in a "fantasy" game. 

by quoting the devs saying the game is going to be as close to realism as possible.

Great suggestion btw, it makes total sense. Battle shouldnt be over or able to leave until the ship(s) stops taking in water

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, Wyy said:

Great suggestion btw, it makes total sense. Battle shouldnt be over or able to leave until the ship(s) stops taking in water

Even if the person is able to escape certain doom from his ship becoming a submarine, unless he has a LARGE amount of repairs available, he will be near death if he is engaged right afterwards. I know that it used to be where if you were unable to get the leaks under control you could not leave an instance. Not sure when or why this was changed. Seems more like something to benefit the raiders more than anyone else since it is unlikely that a trader would be able to best the raider without sinking.

2 hours ago, Raekur said:

Even if the person is able to escape certain doom from his ship becoming a submarine, unless he has a LARGE amount of repairs available, he will be near death if he is engaged right afterwards. I know that it used to be where if you were unable to get the leaks under control you could not leave an instance. Not sure when or why this was changed. Seems more like something to benefit the raiders more than anyone else since it is unlikely that a trader would be able to best the raider without sinking.

you've missed the OP's suggestion im afraid.

OP is speaking of if you 1v1(say player 1 vs player 2) a player, both are sinking, both have used up their repairs, none of you have repairs cycles left, Player 1 sinks, Player 2 is half full of water and STILL is taking in ALOT of water. The battle is over still with Player 2 almost now full of water, that player escapes and has saved his ship in a battle that was so equal that both should deserve a kill, but is not. That said Player 2 however, can sail away with literally 0% HP on his ship god knows how he gets back to port, but he gets back to port and repairs as nothing ever happened.

So in conclusion, yes if you're sinking and taking in water, you shouldnt be able to leave a battle even if its over, you have to stop the sinking before you can leave. One can argue that after those 15 mins the ship should be auto kicked out from the battle and i can undertstand that would make sense, because you would probably be alive before those 15 mins has gone anyway

Edited by Guest

I do have to point out that currently AI battles are challenging for new players, it is very common for close call situations where AI have no structure left but keeps pounding the player ship to the point of nearly sinking. If such change is made, new players will be losing their ships quite often because of this when they are trying to grind their level up.

If such change is only restricted to PVP battles I am more than happy to support this.

• Like 1