Game-Labs Forum

All ships capturable

Not much interested in the game now that all ships are capturable. What is the point of any aspect of economy or RvR. Just make all ports freeports and give us unlimited ships. Why even waste time capturing them? I invested a lot of time in "testing" only to have the game change dramatically after "release".

Edited by Hugh Latham

This is a low effort attempt by the dev team to increase PVP and RVR participation.  All it will do is create more lopsided battles between crafted ships and junk ones that were capped.  I guess it'll look good on Reverse's stream....so there is that.  MEANWHILE a smarter solution would be to lower the costs of permits (or remove their absurdness completely) so more lineships are crafted and lost without concern.  

• Like 3

If losing a ship is painless it diminishes the experience. Crafting logistics was part of the game and added depth and significance to RvR. I guess it will open up a whole new clientele; 12yrs and under. I guaranties a short attention span and likely a short life to the game. In my opinion the game should evolve into more, not less, complexity.

Painless? Losing a 5/5 perfect build ship fully unlocked is painful. Much more so than losing a 3/5 or 2/5 or 1/5, cheap wood, ship; yet ti's still painful. The experience is still there...for those who can afford perfect built SoLs and now for those who cannot afford perfect built SoLs also get to experience it.

Free ships are great, I have been working hard to help those who want to sail. This option is now available for cheap. Risk of PvP will be low soon. As players grow with skill they will demand better option that only Shipwrights can provide. 

Edited by Audacious
  • Like 1

I've seen this move before
and I had hoped they had not done it again.
but it seems to be a difficult problem (RVR)
caught first rates .... I don't think it's a good idea.
it undermines the depth of the game
and has too much influence on other game mechanics such as the dlc, building and trade.

it was not without reason that they got it out of the game (the capture of sol)

it is a devaluation of the game in general and the depth which will result in a decrease in players

the fun is over
it will be a sort of pief paf pouf game
for brainless  (cheating , mod)players.(from witch i do not have proof of )                                                                                                                                                                                       yet.