Game-Labs Forum

Should players in PVE be allowed to disrupt boarding?

Hi Devs.

I'm going to keep this short. 

Facts:

1. Llolarry11 and I (andrew maldovard) (English) engaged an elite Santisima last night with Spanish players valheres & Maulwurf112.

2. Together we worked on the Santisima and then Llolarry11 boarded the vessel & was engaged in boarding procedures.

3. The Santisima's crew was down to 293, and then 120 when the incident took place.

20190525041713_1.thumb.jpg.c2e2954f4621647b27bf15026e795688.jpg

[Note: llollarry11's comment. Also note valheres ship to the right of mine, and the position of llollarry's vessel - with sails tied down.]

4. Player valheres positioned himself between my vessel and the Santisima and pushed Llolarry11's vessel away terminating boarding by distance.

20190525042338_1.thumb.jpg.6176ef3a84e9afbe4bac2e6cba2310ab.jpg

[Note: valheres posts the loot in the Santisima and the final location of his ship is directly against Llollary11's (see arrow).]

5. Valheres then immediately boarded the Santisima, captured the vessel and any loot - or note if present. 

6. Finally, both valheres and maulwurf112 make comments post battle which make testament to their actions (additional files attached - red underlined).

Conclusion:

This was the second occasion that evening of a similar event that took place. An elite L'ocean was captured by them before in a similar manner. This time I thought to document their behaviour.

A recommendation to solve this problem would be to lock boarding vessels together for the duration of the boarding procedure (i.e. replicating the effect grapples would have).

I will leave this decision with you and will note your silence on the issue as reason to believe this behaviour is acceptable in PVE.

20190525042711_1.jpg

20190525042925_1.jpg

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 4:05 PM, Andrei said:

A recommendation to solve this problem would be to lock boarding vessels together for the duration of the boarding procedure (i.e. replicating the effect grapples would have).

The issue with this suggestion is that it would also affect players who wish to be aided in disengaging from boarding. We have all experienced that instance when fighting an NPC when you let yourself get too close and you speed drops to below 3.5kts and he insta-boards you and you need help to disengage.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2019 at 5:05 PM, Andrei said:

1. Llolarry11 and I (andrew maldovard) (English) engaged an elite Santisima last night with Spanish players valheres & Maulwurf112.

That let one qestion open:

Who was at first in this battle and who joined?

• Like 1

Hello Captains,

first the Pictures ar verry good Quality... :D

So now tow the Battle, this was our battle and you join in it. So it was our elite ship. Your  You did not write anything in the chat. No hello or something.

About the battle before, against an elite Ocean you write nothing. Where we saved your ass! And your Ocean. 

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 5:05 PM, Andrei said:

Hi Devs.

I'm going to keep this short. 

Facts:

2. Together we worked on the Santisima and then Llolarry11 boarded the vessel & was engaged in boarding procedures.

3. The Santisima's crew was down to 293, and then 120 when the incident took place.

20190525041713_1.thumb.jpg.c2e2954f4621647b27bf15026e795688.jpg

4. Player valheres positioned himself between my vessel and the Santisima and pushed Llolarry11's vessel away terminating boarding by distance.

5. Valheres then immediately boarded the Santisima, captured the vessel and any loot - or note if present. 

6. Finally, both valheres and maulwurf112 make comments post battle which make testament to their actions (additional files attached - red underlined).

Conclusion:

This was the second occasion that evening of a similar event that took place. An elite L'ocean was captured by them before in a similar manner. This time I thought to document their behaviour.

I will leave this decision with you and will note your silence on the issue as reason to believe this behaviour is acceptable in PVE.

I shortend your original post for one reason:

The battle was opened by a spanish player.

So, if you join a battle of another nation you should first discuss who will get the reward. If you, as the joining players, don't do this then you loose the right to complain such behaviour in tribunal.

Unfair behaviour on both sides.

I think this should be closed by Ink

1 hour ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Mr Valheres is maybe the best known 'loot thief' on PvE peace server, often involved in causing griefances.

confirmed. 

Right after the incident described he and Maulwurf112 tried the same thing after I tagged an elite ai. To repeat: I tagged it, they joined later , I sail the pirate flag, they had a pirate flag as well) No word in chat, they just came to steal.

Since Valheres is notorious for killsteals (did it 2 or 3 times in patrol w my targets before ) I just left the battle, didnt want to damage the elite just to get it stolen.

• Like 2

You guys on PVE shouldn't be allowed to join battles without permission!  Very uncivilized behaviour...

1 minute ago, Jan van Santen said:

I sail the pirate flag, they had a pirate flag as well)

You always end up with the flag of the nation whose battle you join.

2 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

You always end up with the flag of the nation whose battle you join.

That exactly was my point, bec it shows who tagged and who joined.

I sail as pirate, so when a spanish player shows a pirate flag, its he who joined, got it ? :)

• Like 1

Just now, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Believe it or not but we also have 'group battles' where international players come together. One of the fun features. So this is a no go.

It would be fine if the initiator were given the choice to let in late joiners...or not.  You guys know who you don't want joining.

46 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

It would be fine if the initiator were given the choice to let in late joiners...or not.  You guys know who you don't want joining.

This. It would also help if we could see the name of the captain again, (on PvE server it doesnt matter anyway, since we cant attack them) would make players like the here accused killstealers pretty lonely.

Edited by Jan van Santen

17 hours ago, Archaos said:

The issue with this suggestion is that it would also affect players who wish to be aided in disengaging from boarding. We have all experienced that instance when fighting an NPC when you let yourself get too close and you speed drops to below 3.5kts and he insta-boards you and you need help to disengage.

I think the issue lies here. Maybe we could implement a switch? - Allowing the ships to be locked or not?

Or perhaps the preparation required for disengaging is too high?

Realistically, two vessels which are grappled together should stay together. Perhaps the switch on the boarding screen could say cut hooks?

15 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I agree with this.

To address comments made by others. We did join their battle, and they joined ours beforehand. There was no objection on either side - and even if there was - there is nothing preventing other pve players from pursuing the tagged ship. This comes back to the issue regarding boarding operations.

Edited by Andrei
change in final line