Game-Labs Forum

The Evidence of Cheating Can't Possibly Be More Obvious

7 hours ago, Msk said:

Just like to point out as france, we have sweden right next door, danes are a quick sail as well to us which is why during EU time they are always around, and there is Aves right there as well for anyone to hunt. Plus we have carted tons of french citizens into Agustin over the last year, they are demanding an end to US tyranny.

You tax those poor citizens and refuse representation to the french nation on the senate. It is a shame to see how Tyrannical the US has become.

Well to the extent there is taxation without representation you have to speak to someone above my pay grade. 😁

As for help, and me being from the Boston area, i would suggest you recommend to your country mates in San Augustin to capped a trader and throw some tea into the harbor along with some maize.

In other news, I understand that other nations are in close proximity to other nations and free ports making things interesting for players of those nations.   America though is supposed to be the one nation off by itself a bit that has less PVP.   As the US is off on its own we do not have a lot of interaction with other nations which may be for some but not for all.

My larger concern with the present test is we are not seeing if the US position on the map is strong or weak as have 2 to 3 nations behind our front lines.  If after release we find out that the US position on the map is strong because it can hold Ays, we might have folks jumping to the US only to make it stronger.  It would be nice to be able to run a proper test. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Msk said:

100.gif

Was meant to quote your pat one, oh well still closer then brady was catching the football 😛

Oh dear, pulling out the this are we . . . 🙂.  Amendola did over throw Brady a bit, but then again Brady is not the fastest horse in the stable, well maybe the slowest. 

3 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

La Tortue is closer to the Pirate capital than Little River is to CT, and Saint Mary's is easily twice that distance. I'd say 'on your door step' is a bit of a stretch. 

Understood 100%.

However, as someone has already stated, different countries are set up with different difficulty levels and playing styles.   Point being there should be no one on our door step lest they run up the coast.  US is set up to be on the corner away from other folks.    Also, there will always be a point where the other most US port connects with the enemy providing plenty of PVP action for both US players and enemies. 

If ones not like the playing style or difficulty level, one can always switch nations.  

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Pirates is also sold as hard mode.  So that is why you have a Freetown so close.  You shouldn’t even have a capital and should only work out of freetowns but pirate mechanic

What about French, Swede, and Spain? Are they sold as hard mode? US has always had a massive advantage over the other nations yet they just can't seem to capitalize on it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If you leave your front door open and I walk into your house and took something form it.  It’s ok cause the door was open right.  By design you wanted me to come in?  Same thing if you leave your keys in the car and I take it for a joy ride.  The keys was in it so you meant for me to take it.

just cause you can do something doesn’t mean you should.  Admin said they where not designed to do that.  Missions where hotfix to drop at server reset.  The other issue of taking a port with an alt/other nation player is suppose to be hot fixed.  That means both where not designed to be used in the new system.  

What a lovely speech on morals. Good thing this video game in no way whatsoever reflects the real world and in which I regularly do things that I otherwise would not be able to do i.e. sailing a giant wooden ship, killing people, making fun of Msk's awful football team. 

Your analogy goes bust because there are consequences to breaking rules but you can do what ever you want as long as your play within the rules. Which we are. Sorry that doesn't line up with your moralistic ideology of the world but it's a game. 

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan

#RatVsRatBattles #GiveUsPortugal

• Hard distinction should belong to those nations that do not have a Capital Region.
  • Hard nation starting ports should be any Freeport they desire.
  • Freeports should have only the surrounding Regional Capitals to attack.
  • Regional Capitals should have only the surrounding RCs to attack plus the next nearest RC.

This is what should determine a hard nation or easy nation. Hard means no Capital; easy means Capital. All nations should be able to raid anywhere. Pirates should not have a Capital and should be able to attack any nation, even their own. In a rat vs rat battle, any nation should be able to join those on either side or as a 3rd side. This would give pirates the only "nation" a distinction of very hard.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, admin said:

There is no violation of rules legacy mechanics. Please avoid calling something you do not like or something that does not yet properly work cheating. 

Hostility generation will be improved but it will take time. Wipe will happen as well. There is no point to boil with emotions on this issue today. 

We all know boiling with emotions doesn't help.  But please be aware that it's not so easy to control.  Consider, if you would, that the US has largely less experienced players than the two rival and allied Pirate/French clans that made these incursions.  And consider that the incursions occurred as exploits against the stated goals of the frontlines patch.  There is a general feeling among the US players that I've listened too that your decision not to restore the "frontlines balance" through the use of the game rules was because you favor these clans.  I'm not sure I agree but it certainly doesn't have a good look to it.  I don't see how it can be expected for players who feel this way, and love to play your game, not to be boiling with emotions.

Edited by Greysteak
grammar
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Maybe because there's an incessant whine of, "Poor us, life's unfair," coming from the active and experienced players in the U.S. nation instead of the far more healthy attitude of, "We are all testers, playing a pre-release, pre-wipe, Early Access game, let's go out and have some fun, lose or win some pixels, and gg afterwards regardless the outcome," kind of approach?  Which do you think is more likely to attract and retain new players in the U.S. nation?

But do you really believe new players are going to think being victims of these exploits is fun?  

7 minutes ago, Greysteak said:

But do you really believe new players are going to think being victims of these exploits is fun?  

The game existed for years allowing players to take any port they wanted. No one complained then. 

The only people complaining now are those that think they deserve to own ports which they do not currently own. 

Here's a wild idea, fight for the ports you want like everyone else. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

How obtuse can you be? These have repeatedly been labeled as non-exploits. So move on, have some fun. Encourage new players to go out and get better at PvP instead of to feel hard done by mechanics that are essentially meaningless in a pre-wipe game world...

They are obviously exploits, doesn't matter what they've been labeled.  How obtuse can you be?  The reputation of this game suffers because of this, not to mention your own.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

LOL, my reputation is built solely on my willingness to test and critique the game in its Early Access state, and as a decidedly average PvP'er in a rather open and fun group of players I regularly play with.  What the U.S. nation or its pack of whingers care about me matters almost zero.  It's all just pixels to me and the fact that there are so many tears spared for this issue among U.S. players is nothing other than chuckle-worthy in my opinion.

-1 rep for following rules

• Like 3

Come on, guys.....  I get it.  I really do......

Yes, I agree that it would have been better for them to roll the ports back immediately after this was done....

THAT BEING SAID:

It really just goes to show that we are probably really close to release...

(and that the game isn't really even a game right now....  its an experiment.)

If you're playing to win right now....you're doing it wrong. 

So lets just have fun sinking the ships we have while we can....  and try and be magnanimous about it.   Its only time and pixels, guys.

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Greysteak said:

I mostly agree, Vernon.  Except that anytime you are not playing a game to win, you are doing it wrong.

Playing to win would be taking back saint marys and san mateo by force.  What you're doing is whining about a couple bad calls a few innings ago to the ump and expecting the game to be given to you.  There's no crying in baseball.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

Oh dear, pulling out the this are we . . . 🙂.  Amendola did over throw Brady a bit, but then again Brady is not the fastest horse in the stable, well maybe the slowest. 

All I know is BDN did catch his for touchdown. Love from the birthplace of true freedom (American style rofl)

• Like 1

Let’s be real here. This entire process should have been done with either a full wipe or all things set as redeemables. As it stands retaking Agustin in a war of attrition is far easier then moving out of it. You feel entitled to the port because it’s on your coast, I feel entitled as we have held the port for the last year. See how easy it is to have an entitlement battle? 

This will continue till next full wipe and release. Then it’s a whole new world of fun and excitement who knows where it will take VCO and WO or the US nation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Come on, guys.....  I get it.  I really do......

Yes, I agree that it would have been better for them to roll the ports back immediately after this was done....

THAT BEING SAID:

It really just goes to show that we are probably really close to release...

(and that the game isn't really even a game right now....  its an experiment.)

If you're playing to win right now....you're doing it wrong. 

So lets just have fun sinking the ships we have while we can....  and try and be magnanimous about it.   Its only time and pixels, guys.

I still suspect we will have a pre-wipe wipe, so that we can test it all before release.  I'm sure that no one will mind however!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, admin said:

There is no violation of rules legacy mechanics. Please avoid calling something you do not like or something that does not yet properly work cheating. 

Hostility generation will be improved but it will take time. Wipe will happen as well. There is no point to boil with emotions on this issue today. 

Admin.  First off, let me thank you for developing a great game with great graphics, mechanics, game play, etc.

And we all know that we are just testing and that some of these things are temporary.   Check.

However, the April 15th patch note set forth the new front line mechanic for testing, and there have been a few events that have not complied with this new goal.

Once those things happened all that was needed was a friendly note/email from the admin to the clans asking them to abandon the port battle (or the port if it had been taken).    No one needed to be ban or what not, just a friendly note and we could of all moved forward with the testing (btw, you can still send that note)

And so when folks see this friendly note not going out and we are not back to neutral, it can cause folks to get frustrated.    Some of us have been dealing with folks on our front steps for well over a year and then some (going back to SORRY running up the coast), and were looking forward to the new mechanic to see how things would turn out with Ays behind the new front door.  

I am sorry if this has cause any frustration on the admins, but the admins are the referees/police that police the game and when things happen that are not suppose to happen one looks to the ref, and if he is silent I think you can understand our frustration.  

Edited by Yehoodi

1 hour ago, Msk said:

All I know is BDN did catch his for touchdown. Love from the birthplace of true freedom (American style rofl)

Yes he did . . . and there was an illegal formation that was not called by the refs allowing Phila to score.  Just like Naval Action, no refs to come in and fix things.  Hah!  😉.

As a side nice nice to see Phila win a Super Bowl.  Been since 1960 when they won the NFL championship over the Packers at Franklin Field.  Nice job winning the super bowl mate. 🙂

Btw, i like Nick Foles a lot.  

Edited by Yehoodi

3 hours ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

What about French, Swede, and Spain? Are they sold as hard mode? US has always had a massive advantage over the other nations yet they just can't seem to capitalize on it. 

Yes there are nations that do not have favorable starting spots/locations.  And i can understand there would be frustrations for folks in other nations. 

In the end though, it would be good if the devs can get the map as best as possible to suit different playing styles, and folks can find a nation that fits there playing style.

I do not remember what was written for the other nations, but i remember US being something along the lines of "you are off in a corner, by yourself without much interactions, and easy" and some combination of these words. 

The dicey part with US trying to capital on things is that US is a way with many nations and have several on there door steps, it is not like we are fighting one nation mano mano.

Be interesting to see one the new port mechanic is in place and Ays secure, how that will change things. 

1 hour ago, Msk said:

Let’s be real here. This entire process should have been done with either a full wipe or all things set as redeemables. As it stands retaking Agustin in a war of attrition is far easier then moving out of it. You feel entitled to the port because it’s on your coast, I feel entitled as we have held the port for the last year. See how easy it is to have an entitlement battle? 

This will continue till next full wipe and release. Then it’s a whole new world of fun and excitement who knows where it will take VCO and WO or the US nation

I hear yah.  The dicey part for France long term being over in the corner, you guys may not be able to get back to the US coast for while, assuming the Devs  keep the same port mechanics.  WO may have to hold off on getting back to the US for a bit.  

The French maybe should have New Orleans back and/or just start at that point and not be in the Antilles.   NO was in France's control at the time of the game.   

Edited by Yehoodi

43 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I still suspect we will have a pre-wipe wipe, so that we can test it all before release.  I'm sure that no one will mind however!

I welcome a full wipe, where i dont have everything locked up in other ports that i have to spend over a week and multiple alts to clean out, that is boring lol. Easier to just retake Agustin and other ports at this rate

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

I hear yah.  The dicey part for France long term being over in the corner, you guys may not be able to get back to the US coast for while, assuming the Devs  keep the same port mechanics.  WO may have to hold off on getting back to the US for a bit.  

The French maybe should have New Orleans back and/or just start at that point and not be in the Antilles.   NO was in France's control at the time of the game.   

its only a 2 port jump from shroud before we can pull for Ays, and with it being surprises that is alot of guys favorite little boat (not mine) so who knows could be new and exciting times.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir "The Lorax" John said:

Capture.JPG.1860003fcfe7129fbe8c4f6550665289.JPG

Image result for quasi war John Adams, 1798: "An efficient preparation for war can alone insure peace"

Last time i checked its 03-0600 when we are playing the most there pal