Game-Labs Forum

DLC ships and shipbuilding investement

1 hour ago, Despeinao said:

Hi captains ;)

Anybody knows if DLC ships can benefit from the bonuses of shipyard investement if you reddem the ship in a port with that investments?

thx for your time and comments :)

I feel you brother. Since tech level is so high to print them out of thin air, it is very understandable to expect some more, like torpedoes, diesel engines ect.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

I don't know why this question gets shot down like this, OP is a reasonable game mechanic inquiry.

Some evil people like me might be over sensitive towards certain topics like DLC. If you have the answer simply give it instead of writing another meaningless post. 🤣

2 hours ago, Routan said:

But is it actually not a resonable question. Dlc cost extra money. Ppl dont think it is fair enough, that ppl can get the info on what they have to pay for.

Fact is if dlc don’t get the buff and ships get the buff admin have said. An Oak Oak can have same stats as as teak/Wo crafted ship. So basicly no reason to buy it. 

Think it is fair enough to know if dlc due to game mechanic is being nerfed. Fair enough that ppl know what they pay for and what they get. It is not a question abouth for ore against dlc ships. But simply a question on can we recomend ppl buying dlc ships.

But the DLC already have perks, they can be any woods open in any ports.  No they should remain 3/5 with slight chance of perk of better quality. I honestly think they should be only blue 3/5 ships with perks and nothing more.  Premium ships should never be better than what can be crafted in game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

Instead of nerfing the DLC ships, I would rather them adjust the rare woods to let crafted ships compete. No one cared that DLC ships were made out of rare woods when we were all crafting a bunch of rare wood ships at a time hoping for purple or gold.

Where is DLC's being nerfed?   They are still the same 3/5 ships with chance of perk and bonus as before that you can instantly craft into any woods you want.  That is very much a bonus over crafted ships that have to find the woods you want or be limited to Fir and Oak combo's.   The ship crafting bonus shouldn't even be counted cause we won't be seeing most of those for a long time with the cost.  Yes we will see some ships with a bonus but it's so small and that nation still has togather sources of rare woods to craft or they are limited to oak/fir.

In fact cause your not limited to woods right now the DLC ships are actually better than crafted ships cause not every one has the permits, or rare woods to craft them.  Remember still alot (10 ships) are locked behind random finding in chest the permits so we can't even craft all ships we want easily.  Another perk of DLC's as there is no limit to them.  Yes I do have an opinion that all DLC ships should be limited to only blue 3/5 ships with perk, but that just my opinion cause DLC's should never be better than crafted ships, but I also think all DLC ships should be craftable too (not notes you buy).