Game-Labs Forum

One Last Chance to Rein in Woods and Mods....

1 minute ago, admin said:

Clan and alliance invests in shipbuilding bonuses and reaps the rewards

This is what i'm trying to get clear in my head.  Sorry to stay on it so long.  You say clan and alliance.  Does that mean that there is one investment screen for the port which both the owning clan and any allied clans can use?  Or does each allied clan also have an investment screen?  I think you mean the 1st one but I want to be sure.  The reason i'm asking is that if me as an allied clan makes an investment that the owning clan doesn't want, there could be issues.  Some coordination may be necessary.

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Ok..............

So looking at the Port Infrastructure crafting bonuses, I THINK I like it, since it simulates having a good/better/best ship shipbuilder, (kind of historical, nice) BUT......

1) With the bonuses, you can pretty much completely get rid of other mods and perms

2) Cap the bonuses at a reasonable %

3) Make the port bonuses have a "per ship" cost in addition to having the cost to upgrade the shipyard.

That being said, I really like the graphical implementation.  It looks great!  

And I've always wanted the ships to be differentiated at the point of building rather than applying some sort of magical bonus at a later date.

Bottom Line:  If you can stack elite rigs with a level 4 port bonus (see pic) ship, you're gonna have some seriously weird sailing ships.

Bonus.jpg

Yah but you have to remember to get the port to that point it's

375 Combat Medals

150 VM

150K Doubloons. 

That is a lot of points and I assume this is tier so you have to do bonus in order 1 before you can do 2.  

While yes this means later on months and months from release we will have a few great building ports, but we prob won't see that any time soon.  Specially if folks don't work together in nations.

11 minutes ago, SantaRoja said:

i think all the perm,trim and also wood need a serius nerf

every ship must have a chance in fight and if we go in this way i see no chance for a normal ship to even be able to worry a trimmed one.

of course this is just my opinion but i see a future with hundred of super 1st rate that even a nuclear frigate can't sink

or a hundred super trincos and bellonas like we have already. i fully agree to your reasonable concerns.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

This is what i'm trying to get clear in my head.  Sorry to stay on it so long.  You say clan and alliance.  Does that mean that there is one investment screen for the port which both the owning clan and any allied clans can use?  Or does each allied clan also have an investment screen?  I think you mean the 1st one but I want to be sure.  The reason i'm asking is that if me as an allied clan makes an investment that the owning clan doesn't want, there could be issues.  Some coordination may be necessary.

Than they can remove you from friends list and you can't invest any more. Though Admin mention in the patch notes that if you invest you can still use that item.  Though you need to have all the goods to invest in the port at once for each item.

24 minutes ago, admin said:

overall bonus balance is under review
accel/decel bonuses are ok even at 15% as the base accel/decel will decrease significantly on one of the next small patches with upgrade rebalance

and we agree with vernon - most bonuses should come from shipbuilding

don't get me wrong i know pvp server has priority and the pve server is a nice thing to have but i'm guessig here . if you change books bonus on the pve server , you can't customize your ship that much , which means a little less fun for us on pve . as stated in the other thread port improvements will take a while to get to pve server , if at all .

Edited by BoomBox

1 hour ago, admin said:

overall bonus balance is under review
accel/decel bonuses are ok even at 15% as the base accel/decel will decrease significantly on one of the next small patches with upgrade rebalance

and we agree with vernon - most bonuses should come from shipbuilding

Slowing combat down is a good thing but when ships get slower you need to increase repair timers for reasons pretty obvious I think. Test sea trials repairs one last time pre wipe. We all know most battles are about 2-3 repairs in total so it would not even change that much in 90% of pvp. How many repairs are in average pvp battle anyway? You have stats? Come on man you know that it's worth a try. If you don't like the results it's an easy hot fix. That being said acceleration nerf is something that we have needed for a long time.

The biggest problem with reps is that instead of fighting for position and taking your time like a game of chess you have to fight against a clock. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2019 at 10:10 AM, admin said:

Clan and alliance invests in shipbuilding bonuses and reaps the rewards. Previously there was no benefit in joining the alliance and holding and capturing ports - now there is. 

For smart un-allied pvp oriented clans it is more beneficial to wait for some ports to be developed by others and then capture them reaping most rewards for almost free. (as investments do not drop completely on capture - only partially)

What about small clans? We are trying to ally with bigger clans but seems there is a limit to how many clans can reap the rewards at a port. This is extremely limiting to smaller, more casual clans. Some of my clan mates don't think it's worth going out to PvP now as they get destroyed by bigger clans that have access to ship bonuses.