Game-Labs Forum

Bug or feature? - Hugged to death PvE St. Pavel in a basic cutter

Hey!

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I just sank a St Pavel in a basic cutter and I'm sorry to say but that was easy! 

I entered the battle to surrender and return to port quickly, but then I though what the hell why not die like a true sailor. So I sailed toward the mighty Pavel! It gives we a warning broadside, and I'm in shock. I quickly turn at around 100 meter distance to it and fire back, but all balls bounce of.. I'm thinking just getting some damage here should give me some decent xp, right!? So greed forces me to sail up to and test a broadside at 1 meter away and yes they all penetrate from that distance. So then my plan is to stay there gun blazing until I die, but then the AI stopped trying to shot me. So I just stay there and shot my broadside, then again, ..... and again until it sinks..

I sailed very slow and very close at the middle-to rear en of the Pavels broadside, just hoping this would trick it to stay downwind of me and this worked. 2 times I sailed to slow for a split second, so the mighty Pavel tried to pull me - but auto skipper saved me both times. And at the end i stayed a bit further away from the Pavel as you can see in the picture. I'm sure it could have shot me if it had just neutralized it's sails and depowered, but it did not.
To sum it up: This was easy, all I needed was 29 minutes staying right next to it and not dropping bellow 3.8kn. It was a basic cutter with default cannons..

I have never tried this before so I'm not sure if it is old news or a new bug. I did not bug report it with F11 because I forgot and then I'm kinda doubting this is a new unknown bug..

20190104194311_1.thumb.jpg.48ab8bf35ab245c5c7c9b464102a2d59.jpg

Edited by Tiedemann
  • Like 6

Did something similar before, I ended that battle speechless. Took out a Bucentaure with just a frigate because his shots would past right through my sails and never hit the hull of my ship, I was too small for him to hit, I got closer, he stopped shooting, so I kept pounding his right side, just like you, and boom, sunk him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

This is how guys are getting the big scores in the weekly 7th rate challenge

Yes and nay.

The BR killed alone didnt make me suspicious: I could already (deadly boredom aside) how to kill one 1st rate on a 7th.

Itwas the BR done per battle... That meant 3 1st rates in a single battle.