Game-Labs Forum

Admiralty Connection DLC Suggestion

Big mistake selling off basic functionality of ANY game. 

That's saying that the number of buildings/outposts/wh are perfect and will never change, you've sold the slots assuming that's all there will be which is a dangerous thing to presume in alpha. Now when the time calls for when regular players want a way to expand and enterprise on 1 account through either taxes or paying in gold/db for more docks/space this will interfere with the DLC.

Gameplay interfering with DLC....think about that.
That's why rule #1 is to always do cosmetics/things that don't effect gameplay, and especially don't chop parts of a complete game off for sale as DLC because people pick up when you do that and you'll be seen as greedy and short sighted like EA.

and you'll never be able to refund it, so each time you do that it's like breaking another bone that doesn't heal and affects the skeletal structure of the game.
But that's the risk you take selling any DLC.

Also that DLC is Pay2Win by definition so it's already hurt the game down the line without me mentioning the very plain truth of the situation.

Edited by Slim McSauce

5 hours ago, Released Privateer said:

You can buy alts and it's "P2W". Having Admiralty DLC kinda weakens the importance of alts and replaces some of their functionality and uses. 

I agree that it is P2W if someone can buy outposts. But why should alts have importance? They are P2W, too.

I dont see more Outposts as Pay2Win because they dont have any influence on the outcome of battles. It just saves time you would need to spend in sailing.

More buildings wouldnt change anything in my opinion with the connection to labout hours and outposts.

That brings me to my idea:

Disconnect buildings and outposts from each other.

Outposts give you Warehouses, Docks and the opportunity to teleport between ports.

Remove the the need of an outpost to build buildings. To use a building in a port without outpost you need to sail there, for example with indiamans to collect ressources.

This way every player would have a more felxible usage of outposts.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

No more Outposts. Maybe a couple more Buildings.

Why do you think so?

You are already at the limit of outposts after the from admin suggested beginner missions (outposts in important free towns + crafting repairs).

If you want to do RvR you constantly have to sail around with a basic cutter to move that one slot you have left from PB to PB.

Lets not even talk about trying to craft a ship or buying special resources like Cartagena Tar...

It just limits the gameplay and adds nothing to the game.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ganking Simulator said:

Why do you think so?

You are already at the limit of outposts after the from admin suggested beginner missions (outposts in important free towns + crafting repairs).

If you want to do RvR you constantly have to sail around with a basic cutter to move that one slot you have left from PB to PB.

One of if not the biggest reason why RvR is not taking off. The same rules from when the gank had 2k players apply, when they need to be loosened for a smaller population. I'd rather a port change hands 2-3 times a day IF that port bordered between two nations and hostilities was not only marginally rewarding but instead of a 24 hour delay on action it was a 1 hour delay that way we aren't putting off anything for another day. Just the mere fact you can't grind the hostilites outside the window of attack just goes to show how severely held back RvR is by not adapting to the currently climate of the game.

So many more options and scenarios for taking a port could be made with just a little simple ingenuity but NA devs go by a problem priority list where only 1 thing at a time can be fixed. So one patch we get 1 problem in an area of the game slightly tuned and the next patch 2-3 weeks later slightly fixes another thing somewhere in the game. NA devs are in no-play mode until they get UI and localization done apparently, so best bet is to keep hoping that the devs can keep the idea in mind when we finally do start getting gameplay-focused patches again.

I enjoy the game more now with the PVE and economy things, crafting is still pretty bland and OW is nothing more than a means of travel. Game feels slightly more life-y not so barren and digitally bizarre to the senses being out to sea for hours at a time pressing wasd in a non-interesting fashion. Really some timed OW abilities for speed and turning would be much welcomed as a traditional MMO player.

Edited by Slim McSauce

11 minutes ago, Released Privateer said:

Read again what I said. I said DLC weakens it. 

Just imagine how the only reason we've had so many alts for the longest time is because there was no way to expand past 5 buildings and 8 outposts. Like somehow you can justify that no one in the time or period had never been a tycoon able  to open and afford a number of productions. Instead to advance you have to split your self up into many different segments which is lol at best.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ganking Simulator said:

Why do you think so?

More sailing, more ships in the open, more war planning, more logistics.

I don't even consider the "arena" gameplay. That's not why i play NA.

The amount of outposts is perfect. If you have to juggle around, plan accordingly and sail.

I loved the game more when we had no teleports, but that's long gone ( and we had 3 full servers btw... but means nothing ;) )

Extra Outposts is the same as a 1st Rate DLC.

And that's my opinion. You may have yours.

• Like 1