Game-Labs Forum

Features I'd like know about.

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and I was just wondering if ships are the only thing the game focus on? What I mean is that your making this game on ships, and exploration and it is by far the most fantastic take on this type of game I've seen. 

But considering your focusing a lot on exploration in game, are you implementing an actual character that you'll control when off ship? if so then are you releasing any details on that side of the game. If this is a feature your adding then what sort of micro features do you intend to add along with it. 

For instance:

Character creation

Character development

Character items, such as weapons and clothing.

Gender choice and so on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, there is a lot of lore to do with this era, are you perhaps adding things for us to take part in that directly relate to historical things that happened during this time period? 

I think it would be nice to see players embarking on some of the most famous routes taken by explorers during the era, revisiting these routes could provide rewards, titles and help players establish trade routes. But I also think it adds to the depth of the game not only in the sense of immersion into that era but could teach much more about the history of these routes and the people who sailed on them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map,

I'd like to think the map is the entire Caribbean, and that the time it takes to get around is considerably high. I've played silent hunter 4-5 and I can definitely say they have the biggest map of any game. (The entire world) but this in tern meant that any hope of having a decent world is pretty much put on hold. 

I'd like to know if the size of your Caribbean is just a test to see if you can balance size with depth of content. I'd like to know if your focusing more on size than content. Which if you are that's fine, but is there a chance to you might increase the map to include more of the world or are you simply focusing on the Caribbean?

Character creation is very expensive and time consuming to do right. The quality of animations and visuals have to be on the level of our quality for ships and water. It means that if we start making characters we will not do something else (that is important for travel and ship combat). That is why we currently are focused only on the ships, combat mechanics and open world tools for players. If we add characters initially they will be very basic like in EvE online. 

Open world (OW)

On the size of the world just like you said: when we give the prototype to players its ONLY goal would be to test distances and speed of OW travel. Players will be able to attack others, npcs and visit basic ports. After we finish distance testing we will start adding OW content gradually fixing bugs and optimizing the game in parallel.

• Like 2

Character creation is very expensive and time consuming to do right. The quality of animations and visuals have to be on the level of our quality for ships and water. It means that if we start making characters we will not do something else (that is important for travel and ship combat). That is why we currently are focused only on the ships, combat mechanics and open world tools for players. If we add characters initially they will be very basic like in EvE online. 

Open world (OW)

On the size of the world just like you said: when we give the prototype to players its ONLY goal would be to test distances and speed of OW travel. Players will be able to attack others, npcs and visit basic ports. After we finish distance testing we will start adding OW content gradually fixing bugs and optimizing the game in parallel.

I think making and having your own avatar would make the open world feeling a little more immersive and make you feel like you have something that is your own in the game of course the game mechinics and everything else related to this goes first but I still think it'd be a pretty cool thing you can maybe pick up on once everything else is finished.

Btw admin... we were expecting the OW prototype by the end of the year. Now, I understand how these things go and I didn't really expect that to happen, only hoped it would. Is there any new ETA on the OW prototype?

+1

/addten

D'uh, stupid question time: will the game allow female captains?

Obviously answer is yes, I assume.

I ask only b/c there is so much focus on time period immersion and realism.

there where more Woman severing on ships of the line than are servering in the today navy in total.

but as said avatar is not the most important feature right now