Game-Labs Forum

Poll results are in

I dont sail the requin. I tried but did not like it.

Give me my hull hugging carro belle/herc etc anyday.

I have to ask why some players are still having a problem with the requin?

I agree with @Captain Reverse and others that without doubt it us one of the weakest ships in the game.

Granted some vets who sail it such as @Crow and @z4ys and @Licinio Chiavari have great success, even solo with them, but the average player is not like that. They know the most important rule when using a ship like this, WHEN to run.

That's it really, win or run it's a raider.

As for new players, they get smashed all the time by all sorts of ships inside the safe zones.

I really think this Requin argument is being continued by either irrational haters or just bad players.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vazco said:

It's easy. You set your fleet to demast, angle, and when you have opportunity - demast or chain. He will want to angle from reinforcements and that's when you can disengage to chain range. Just stick to reinforcements and they will kill Endy for you. Three broadsides and he's with damaged structure.

You're talking about a single ship, while requins are impossible to counter when they gank in reinforcements - not when they're alone. Any other ship type dies when it ganks in reinforcements (or is much easier to counter, eg. prince). Take 3 Endy's for example  - there's a low chance for all of them to leave reinforcement battle alive :) 

I was talking of "one" because indeed being 3 facing 3 AIs is way more dangerous that being one with one (I always repeat that over 2-3 requin group efficiency drops having to face too many AIs that, if focussing one, will dismantle/oblige one to retreat pretty fast).

2 hours ago, Flash Jack said:

I really think this Requin argument is being continued by either irrational haters or just bad players.

Well, I think that the Dlc ships are slightly OP due go the fact mods gave them way to much crew and they are not properly balanced either. A Xebec with that much crew should not be able to field that many guns.  Its funny that fish add to your cargo hold weight but not humans.... more crew means less speed and less space for cannons and gunpowder/balls.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

I was talking of "one" because indeed being 3 facing 3 AIs is way more dangerous that being one with one (I always repeat that over 2-3 requin group efficiency drops having to face too many AIs that, if focussing one, will dismantle/oblige one to retreat pretty fast).

Youre completely wrong. 3 good players in requins don't have to care about 3 reinforcements. It's repeatable that 3 tag and 3 go out. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vazco said:

Youre completely wrong. 3 good players in requins don't have to care about 3 reinforcements. It's repeatable that 3 tag and 3 go out. 

Reinf AIs hit very hard. A focused Requin due to (for example) initial position risk too much damage and has to break soon... Especially granted the defender runs with the wind... And never buffed AIs will fall back running downwind.

Missing the meaning of last phrase. Being 6 you mean 3 tag and 3 not joining?

Indeed I said that over 2/3 Requin v 1 prey in R zone is losing efficiency for higher risk.

18 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Reinf AIs hit very hard. A focused Requin due to (for example) initial position risk too much damage and has to break soon... Especially granted the defender runs with the wind... And never buffed AIs will fall back running downwind.

Missing the meaning of last phrase. Being 6 you mean 3 tag and 3 not joining?

Indeed I said that over 2/3 Requin v 1 prey in R zone is losing efficiency for higher risk.

Again, yes it is fairly easy to force a requin to retreat if you know what you are doing but almost impossible keep one in the battle long enough to sink it if the captain wants to leave.

How do you not get that is an issue, it is too safe for raiders to use.

The mentality is this:

"Attack a ship, if it is a bad captain we will board and sink it or if it is a good captain we can safely leave and find an easier target"

THAT is the issue, no punishment for choosing the wrong target

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Again, yes it is fairly easy to force a requin to retreat if you know what you are doing but almost impossible keep one in the battle long enough to sink it if the captain wants to leave.

In the portbattle of puerto del padre was a pirate prince that refused to sink... nerf prince. The requin in the other hand sunk :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NethrosDefectus said:

How do you not get that is an issue, it is too safe for raiders to use.

The mentality is this:

"Attack a ship, if it is a bad captain we will board and sink it or if it is a good captain we can safely leave and find an easier target"

THAT is the issue, no punishment for choosing the wrong target

If the point is avoid being sunk (in the end the reason of req haters and their whining), aside telling my enemy (as I did plenty times) how, I have no idea how can be nerfed more: it is smartness/experience issue... From people (and I know I am not anything close to "good") that would sink on any ship against anything properly handled.

If we are talking about sinking the Requin... We have usually the same in case of a Hercules attacking a Bucetaure: he can try but has plenty time to evaluate enemy skill and disengage safely... With very limited chances the Buce can catch him... Aside letting the Hercules being overconfident and then punish him at close range.

If we are talking about hunting down the Requin... As you will not use an Ingermanland to hunt a privateer, you dont use a Bellona to hunt a Requin. 

Edited by Licinio Chiavari

19 hours ago, Niagara said:

Well, I think that the Dlc ships are slightly OP due go the fact mods gave them way to much crew and they are not properly balanced either. A Xebec with that much crew should not be able to field that many guns.  Its funny that fish add to your cargo hold weight but not humans.... more crew means less speed and less space for cannons and gunpowder

Well my belle crew are all Andamanians and Chinese so I would like to request a 2% speed buff.

18 hours ago, NethrosDefectus said:

People keep stating the obvious with depressing regulatory.

Did you even read the description of this ship on steam ?

Your comments are exactly what this ship is.

This is how it was designed marketed and sold. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flash Jack said:

Well my belle crew are all Andamanians and Chinese so I would like to request a 2% speed buff.

Well, crew atm are just a number that is used to do chores on our ships. I hope that training and other factors will be added and will affect the chores they perform other then by skillbooks and perks. Not sure if race and nationality should matter tho.