Game-Labs Forum

My suggestions on how to make this game interesting for more players.

A lot of players cant play this game for a long time since here its too hard to find fun stuff. You always get ganked and then you leave the game cus there is no way to play it.

How many ways to have fun does NA have? Two? Maybe three? I think thats not enough. This game is MMO and you have 2 ways: 1st is to give players a way of creating fun shit that affects the whole world so anyone may join (like in EVE). The second way is for you to make events that would be interesting for most of the players. 

Here are my suggestions:

1. Improve clan sistem. Make clan mechanics more interesting. Add something unique in addition to clan warehouse (for example clan buildings like shipyards or smth which anyone can use). Add ingame ranks and permissions.

2. Make this game clan based (i am not the first to say that :P ). Clan should matter. Look at EVE, clans are true powers there and create world's politics and history. Now in NA clans are just playing RVR cus there is nothing more to do. Independent clans = more independent powers = more conflicts = more wars = more battles = more dinamics = more interest.

3. Cut the map. I love NA's huge map with a lot of cities, but game has 600 players and they rarely meet each other on this huge map. This may be realistic, but its hell boring. Cut the map like on an image or something else, it will make game more intense. As we all know density = mass/size. If we decrease size of the map, the density of players in the area will increase which will lead to more fun. In future, if this works, more players will stay in the game and it will be abe for you to get back your huge map. Now i dont thing that there is any sense in it.

image.thumb.png.f87ae82d7fff8609d8594a9fccfed976.png

4. Add interesting goals for players. I cant play if my goal is to get pvp marks, then get new ship for pvp marks to get more pvp marks. The most obvious, add bounties. Give rare upgrades and paints for killing specific players (for example, the best player in pvp leaderboard). With invisible nickname that would be really hard and interesting to hunt players for bounties and that would make their gameplay more and more challenging => interesting.

For now that all i wanted to say. I really hope you guys can make this game interesting for more players. I love ships, but neverheless i cant play this game for more than 3 days a month. Dont be afraid of experiments, that early access. Sorry for my english, not my native language.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Po Tsai said:

Good ideas, but I think cutting the map because lack of players is wrong way to go. Get the players instead.

Thats the way to get new players. Now the game seems dead (for new player). Little map makes players and clans to always fight for their interest and rare resources (which will be even more in cut map). It would be easier for new players to understand whats going on and more fun for them to play which will hold them in the game.

To 1 .: Interesting
to 2 .: Battles, wars and PvP are already enough. Better to add more economy for clans.
to 3 .: The card must not be too small. Sea cruises always last and that is realistic. Therefore, not too many players should be on a server. The content of the game should not only be battles, battles, but also "search, hunt, find and escape".

to 4 .: No: Bounties would only make sense if a player has triggered 100 PvP battles, for example. Then his combat strength generally drops by about 10% for 100 fights. There should be no additional reward for any other side.

A "leaderboard" is completely superfluous. Who does not know the name of a PvP-junkies in the game at some point, does not play enough NA.

- translate by google -

(Zu 1.: Interessant

zu 2.: Schlachten, Kriege und PvP gibt es schon genug. Besser fände ich mehr Wirtschaft für Klans hinzuzufügen.

zu 3.: Die Karte darf nicht zu klein sein. Fahrten auf See dauern halt immer und das ist realistisch. Daher sollten auch nicht zu viele Spieler auf einem Server sein. Der Inhalt des Spieles sollte nicht nur Schlachten, Schlachten, Schlachten sein, sondern auch "Suchen, Jagen, Finden und Entwischen".

zu 4.: Nein: Kopfgelder fände ich nur sinnvoll, wenn ein Spieler zum Beispiel 100 PvP-Schlachten ausgelöst hat. Dann sinkt seine Kampfstärke grundsätzlich um ca. 10% für 100 Kämpfe. Eine zusätzliche Belohnung sollte es sonst für keine Seite geben.

Eine "Bestenliste" ist völlig überflüssig. Wer den Namen eines PvP-Bessenen im Spiel nicht irgendwann kennt, der spielt nicht genug NA. )

Edited by JoeFried

Guys just look at the game now. There are local non intense conflicts betveen factions cus there is a lot of teritorry so there is no real competition for resources. Cutting the map would make clans fight for their place in the world. Right now there are too many useless cities and islands.

2> What! screw all us solo players, in the words of “The Hound”, f-off.

3> The map and sailing downtime you get use to, its different from any other game, unique, for that reason only I say keep it as is, I’ve never made so many coffee’s during a game before!

PvE climb to 107 weekend, best I’ve seen it, overall numbers isn’t a problem in alpha, retention maybe? retention has been echo on release.

4> New missions announced 20 July. 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Cutting the map size down will be seen as the devs giving up on ever trying to get the player numbers back up in my opinion

As i see it, this game is in early acess and thats the best time for developers to change their decisions if they can explain it. I wouldn't blame them for that. Idea of huge world is great, realistic and unique (in this setting), but still it takes you 3 hours to sail from your capital to the city where your clan decided to screen for the other faction (why? cus clan has nothing more to do and thats horrible!!!). Cutting the map will increase the amount of new ppl staying here.

32 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

2> What! screw all us solo players, in the words of “The Hound”, f-off.

3> The map and sailing downtime you get used to, it different from any other game, unique, for that reason only I say keep it as is, I’ve never made so many coffee’s during a game before!

PvE climb to 107 weekend, best I’ve seen it, overall numbers isn’t a problem in alpha, retention maybe? retention has been echo on release.

4> New missions announced 20 July. 

I dont know anything about you, but i cant just check my computer every 5 mins in this 3 hours just to ensure my ship is safe. In my opinion 1 hour of sailing is enough to drink some coffee. If thats a feature, thats stupid feature. Maybe i dont understand how do MMOs work but i think that there is no sense in unique idiotic "features" if the game has 600 players with 100 of them being 2nd accounts of the other players. You might find this waste of time awesome but i am (as usual gamer) dont think so. I enter the game, i dont see anything i can do in 3 hours i have before i am busy and i leave to play different game. I cant go pvp cus i know that it will take me 4 hours to find and kill the guy who wants to play 1v1, not 1v5. This game now is just a complete waste of time with rare fun and its strange that you love it.

Edited by Dokit

1 hour ago, Dokit said:

I dont know anything about you, but i cant just check my computer every 5 mins in this 3 hours just to ensure my ship is safe. In my opinion 1 hour of sailing is enough to drink some coffee. If thats a feature, thats stupid feature. Maybe i dont understand how do MMOs work but i think that there is no sense in unique idiotic "features" if the game has 600 players with 100 of them being 2nd accounts of the other players. You might find this waste of time awesome but i am (as usual gamer) dont think so. I enter the game, i dont see anything i can do in 3 hours i have before i am busy and i leave to play different game. I cant go pvp cus i know that it will take me 4 hours to find and kill the guy who wants to play 1v1, not 1v5. This game now is just a complete waste of time with rare fun and its strange that you love it.

You know I think it a feature of the game, something the developers have wanted in their game, their vision, I think its their creativity, something they have designed from the beginning.

Their simulator or simulating open world sailing. 

Therefore I don't think It’s going to change.  

Signed Newbie of only 4 weeks/126hrs

Edited by Guest

15 hours ago, Dokit said:

but game has 600 players and they rarely meet each other on this huge map.

Try playing in the USA. we see French, Prussian, and Pirates on a daily basis. You want PvP every day? Come and PvP off the Florida coast. Plenty of players there that hunt other players every day.

Please don't reduce the size of the current open world. 

One of  the greatest features of NA is the possibility of long sails on the open sea. Currently we have the choice of sailing in relatively remote locations and trading at seldom used ports.  There is an element of choice to improve the chance of finding PvP if you; communicate with other players, know when to look for it and know where the other combatants are.

All of the logic related to reducing the size of the environment could be satisfied with the introduction of a PvP area.  As an MMO the players can arrange their own concentrated conflict areas, and players could do more to organize more battles in designated zones.   That's the facinating part of a sand box where we create the content.  But the Devs could also contribute, by coding greater PvP rewards in certain geographical spots. 

The suggestion, of reducing the map, would destroy this game for players who like the experience of an open expanse that leaves room for choice.  A small map would remove the feeling of being out on the water with some sense of travel in the age of sail.

Some players like trading and fishing and navigating on the deep blue sea.

It would diminish the game if was reduced to constant battles between ships crowded together on a large lake.

Supplement: someday we may have a sister game - of ships crowded together on a lake, with continuous fighting.  Naval Action Legends.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Dokit said:

A lot of players cant play this game for a long time since here its too hard to find fun stuff. You always get ganked and then you leave the game cus there is no way to play it.

How many ways to have fun does NA have? Two? Maybe three? I think thats not enough. This game is MMO and you have 2 ways: 1st is to give players a way of creating fun shit that affects the whole world so anyone may join (like in EVE). The second way is for you to make events that would be interesting for most of the players. 

Here are my suggestions:

1. Improve clan sistem. Make clan mechanics more interesting. Add something unique in addition to clan warehouse (for example clan buildings like shipyards or smth which anyone can use). Add ingame ranks and permissions. So you want to increase the handicap for the players who like to play solo. It is already really hard to craft alone and you want to give huge bonus just to be part of a clan. Bad idea.

2. Make this game clan based (i am not the first to say that :P ). Clan should matter. Look at EVE, clans are true powers there and create world's politics and history. Now in NA clans are just playing RVR cus there is nothing more to do. Independent clans = more independent powers = more conflicts = more wars = more battles = more dinamics = more interest. In reality is exactly the opposite. More powerful clans , less wars, more peace treaties , just farming money in trading between nations. Bad idea.

3. Cut the map. I love NA's huge map with a lot of cities, but game has 600 players and they rarely meet each other on this huge map. This may be realistic, but its hell boring. Cut the map like on an image or something else, it will make game more intense. As we all know density = mass/size. If we decrease size of the map, the density of players in the area will increase which will lead to more fun. In future, if this works, more players will stay in the game and it will be abe for you to get back your huge map. Now i dont thing that there is any sense in it. Terrible bad idea.

image.thumb.png.f87ae82d7fff8609d8594a9fccfed976.png

4. Add interesting goals for players. I cant play if my goal is to get pvp marks, then get new ship for pvp marks to get more pvp marks. The most obvious, add bounties. Give rare upgrades and paints for killing specific players (for example, the best player in pvp leaderboard). With invisible nickname that would be really hard and interesting to hunt players for bounties and that would make their gameplay more and more challenging => interesting. If your only goal is only to get pvp marks you are going to get bored very quickly. bounties don't work. When you see a red in OW you can't see his name.  So it is impossible to work.  And if you see a player with a prize for his head in battle what would happen is all the players lemming train to kill that guy only. In the end a bad idea.

For now that all i wanted to say. I really hope you guys can make this game interesting for more players. I love ships, but neverheless i cant play this game for more than 3 days a month. Dont be afraid of experiments, that early access. Sorry for my english, not my native language.