Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

admin

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Again I like realism in my games.  I play other sandbox games and I have to worry about bleeding, broken bones, and death by bug or animal bites that I dont see.   In a Beta right now for a game that if I dont eat, I will starve to death.. so yeah.  I am a bit on the hardcore side. 

Have played plenty of those, there is a time and place for everything. 

If it adds more players I'm on but I don't think that suggestion above will do that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ShroudedRecluse said:

the irony being that with outlaw battles, the pirate faction was the only faction that was true sandbox
what we have now is more like most theme park RvR mmo's, and it seems that most want that
am not going to argue - it's your game and you have the big picture and every right to make your changes as you see fit
will spend more time in an actual sandbox mmo and less time here 

ty

There is no big picture in mechanics that don't work. The fact that they worked for you does not mean anything for the big picture.
New orders received: Pirates should fight nationals. 

4 hours ago, admin said:

btw  great combat in a snow vs Hermione on stream. You almost got him. 
 When enemy is very very low on morale and is on disengage you should have grenades or muskets against defend to get his morale to 0. You would have won if you threw some grenades or musket fire 1 turn before disengage.

Haven't seen the video in question, but being unable to directly win against a 0-morale enemy with anything other than attack move has been the case for months, if not years.

1 minute ago, Aegir said:

Haven't seen the video in question, but being unable to directly win against a 0-morale enemy with anything other than attack move has been the case for months, if not years.

Its a feature not a bug. You still have to move to another ship for them to surrender. They are on their side shaking under decks but you don't know it yet until you send people to their side by clicking attack

• Like 2

Just now, admin said:

What was always the point of pirates? Rob traders and officers of national navies. 

All nations can do that though so pirates will just be another nation? Will anything in the future be planned to make the pirates different from nations as most players joined for the danger of outlaw battles.

12 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

One of the reason why I joined pirate nation together with 40 other players were outlaw battles:

1. We could duel each other (duel room removed)

2. We could kill these that insult/offend us. Pirate nation was one with the clear nation chat. Here one does not simply insults everyone, otherwise he gets killed. Respect.

3. You could kill alts/spies. Something you can't do as national. Another nation handicap issue...

4. We could "trade" in battle. Exploit? No, just game is handicapped. We could capture our main ships or fleet ships or share repairs etc.

Question to @admin:

How is pirate nation any different from other nations? Blueprints and permits for pirate frigates and LGVs are traded/purchased on alts, no raids, nothing special. Just a black flag and lots of children that wanna be pirates.

Question 2:

What exploits were used with outlaw battles? There are no exploits, battles are open always for everyone. Only issue I see is that these battles are limited to 26 players, not 50.

That is why ships must be restricted to Nation, same tactic used in potbs where you will get your ship flagged if you capture rates from nationals. Same needed here, instead Nationals won't be able to sail pirate refits and vise versa. We had system 'bring to admiralty for cash'. where is it? It can be ideal now. 

Skirm room is needed to satisfy all who miss outlaw battles. 

Pirates will need Raids to make them unique. (Instead of permanent port capture, hold it for 7 days and release back to original owner. 7 days is enough to suck out resources to rebuild fleet and so on...)

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, admin said:

What was always the point of pirates? Rob traders and officers of national navies. 
Capture and rob cartagena?

First we need players that are trading in the OW...

26 minutes ago, admin said:

There is no big picture in mechanics that don't work. The fact that they worked for you does not mean anything for the big picture.
New orders received: Pirates should fight nationals. 

LOL ordering pirates.. you really are just trying to make them another nation instead of pyrates.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

First we need players that are trading in the OW...

LOL ordering pirates.. you really are just trying to make them another nation instead of pyrates.

If you watched black sails, only small gangs went against each other. Most were united against British. I say Skirm room will be enough to resolve small gang wars. 

If you're going to remove outlaw battles forever, it's time to give us another forged papers.  As @Peter Goldman mentioned above, outlaw battles were one of the primary reasons my clan also went from Brit to Pirate.  We were tired of the bickering in nation chat and not being able to do anything about it.  Now that option is off the table, and it doesn't look like you're implementing clan wars anytime soon.....we really have no reason to be pirate anymore.  

Issue another round of forged papers please.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

If you're going to remove outlaw battles forever, it's time to give us another forged papers.  As @Peter Goldman mentioned above, outlaw battles were one of the primary reasons my clan also went from Brit to Pirate.  We were tired of the bickering in nation chat and not being able to do anything about it.  Now that option is off the table, and it doesn't look like you're implementing clan wars anytime soon.....we really have no reason to be pirate anymore.  

Issue another round of forged papers please.  

+1 for new forged paper please

6 minutes ago, George Washington said:

If you watched black sails, only small gangs went against each other. Most were united against British. I say Skirm room will be enough to resolve small gang wars. 

Black Sails was fiction, fantasy, about as realistic as Pirates of the Caribbean "Curse of the Black Pearl".

And Black Sails actually takes place about 100 years before this game, during the height of piracy in the region around 1700.

2 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

This is exactly 100% what I've done as British player. You know the difference? I couldn't kill alts, spies, toxic players. For me being a pyrate means FREEDOM.

Sincerely, I am rejecting your order as a free pyrate.

New order received: Devs should fix 100% spies/alts immunity.

In reality if a spy/alt got exposed, he would be hanged or expelled from society. Here? I can say in chat that I am enemy alt and be 100% safe. I can follow Royal Navy on a basic cutter and spy all their top secret operations and guess what? They can't touch me. 100% safety and immunity.

Freedom is not in Pirates anymore. Freedom is in german russian and poland nations. 

Just now, George Washington said:

Well maybe Devs have something special for Pirates, we never know. 

They don't.  Raids were mentioned a year ago.  So were changes to the pirate mechanics, which turned into outlaw battles.

This is a overcompensating fix to a small problem that should of been dealt with via tribunals and removing the ability to do outlaw battles in reinforcement zones.

#horribledecision