Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

I was military, and we did EXACTLY that.  Joint Readiness Training Center at Ft Polk LA (or JRTC), and the National Training Center at Ft Irwin CA, was for exactly this reason.   You have dedicated US military units that act as the "enemy" for extended periods of time, they are trained and operate equipment that is much like that of our nations most common adversaries.   They after every training exercise give an AAR (After Action Review), where they tell the unit they just curb stomped, what they did wrong, how they can improve and what they can do to minimize losses in those situations.  

And most importantly this is a game, not real life, learn from your mistakes and improve.  Because in real life you wouldnt have that opportunity.  

I have experienced quite a deal of real life, but this as you said yourself it is a game and the adversaries here translate better to your enemy and not your trainers.

So you think that our nations most common adversaries in this game give a shit about training the new guys? Even you give me the talk but then fail to provide anything usable.

59 minutes ago, Rigs said:

I have experienced quite a deal of real life, but this as you said yourself it is a game and the adversaries here translate better to your enemy and not your trainers.

So you think that our nations most common adversaries in this game give a shit about training the new guys? Even you give me the talk but then fail to provide anything usable.

They wont 'train' you, but every battle you fight you gain experience (you learn to sail better, you see manouvres you haven't seen before, your aim gets better, you learn how to use the wind, etc).

You can use the chat in battle and talk to your opponent, which may or may not respond. Sometimes at the end of the match the victor may be willing to share his thoughts (maybe he liked how you still tried everything to come out on top, maybe he liked that you didn't start screaming and call him names, maybe he liked your humor, maybe whatever). You know, it's a game, we are not actually killing eachother. Hell, I have let some new players go , just because they started talking and asking questions, I have given a new player a replacementship afterwards, I have been given breaks because I was clearly outmatched myself when I was starting to play.

I think losing to a better sailor, is always a valuable lesson, not in gold, but with the stuff you learned from him, just by fighting him. Losing to a bad player is your own fault, which will also teach you some lessons.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2017 at 10:40 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Connie and Aggy needs there old stats

Only reason why connie is not used more is because wasa is OP. I see more and more people in wasa and less in 5 rates

• Like 2

On 10/6/2017 at 7:49 PM, Peter Goldman said:

Because without resources/gold enemies cannot build ships/cannons/repairs?

didn't you whine one day later in the EU battle thread about crushing your enemy to the point where he can't even fight anymore being a bad thing?

Oh. It's someone else doing it there. That's different I guess.

13 hours ago, Zoky said:

Only reason why connie is not used more is because wasa is OP. I see more and more people in wasa and less in 5 rates

It's probably not helping that with 150 marks for a Wasa that ship is far easier to obtain than the more pricey 5th rates requiring purchased blueprints and permits

So pushing an enemy to the point where he is unwilling to fight anymore in an even situation (a port battle for example) is bad, but pushing an enemy to the point where is unwilling to fight in a lopsided situation (killing his trader brigs) is a good thing?

On 10/6/2017 at 7:06 PM, Rigs said:

You would be surprised how many people you fight will be willing to help you get better. 

I know, I talk a lot of shit to BLACK, but they have always been willing to provide tips on what you did wrong in the fight and how to get better.  Same for 90% of the clans in this game.

So, we basically lost the entire population surge of this patch again. Could it be because still almost all port battles are against neutrals, recapturing abandoned ports because clans were unwilling to keep paying the upkeep for ports that pay nothing? Could it be because the new reinforcement zone size completely stifles PVP opportunities?

I wonder what the Tax volume of Port Royal would read if it weren't hidden.

I also wonder if the Devs anticipated that the highest source of tax income would end up being bidding wars on cartagena tar, rather than large volume production and sales....

Edited by Quineloe

17 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

So, we basically lost the entire population surge of this patch again. Could it be because still almost all port battles are against neutrals, recapturing abandoned ports because clans were unwilling to keep paying the upkeep for ports that pay nothing? Could it be because the new reinforcement zone size completely stifles PVP opportunities?

I wonder what the Tax volume of Port Royal would read if it weren't hidden.

I also wonder if the Devs anticipated that the highest source of tax income would end up being bidding wars on cartagena tar, rather than large volume production and sales....

It wasn't that big to begin with. This was a pretty minor update, a stepping stone for UI/clan warfare

Several player pointed out bucentar screwy crew level I never looked at it till now .two of them just made devil in are clan and they of cores   are at 800 now but ,the bucentar full crew is 840 for a 2 rate . so why have the dev not raised the XP level for devil and other nations ranks so that it can be crewed properly at that rank or move the ships  crew level down to fit the rank for a 2 rate , clearly this must be and over site and should fixed .

28 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Maybe because Bucs aren't the only 2nd rate available? ;) Take a look at the Pavel spec.  Just like the Wasa is a 3.5 rate, the Buc is a bit better than a 2nd rate. Crew requirements need to reflect the extra guns and size.

Yeah I know .but they should adjust them so they can be fully crewed . even under crewed at 40 can make a battle a massive challenge:rolleyes:

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:59 AM, admin said:

Update 3 October

• Economy tunings - trading will generate more profit

This is now much better, after working with it for a few days.  Not ideal, but much better, thanks for the tuning.

And I had missed the announcement about the pray button being removed.  Thanks for removing it, and can you please indicate the original intent?

Edited by Jean Ribault