Game-Labs Forum

Unity 5 - Testbed Feedback topic.

admin

6 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

Yesterday i tried to make a bit hostility. I failed, because i have no options. I've done some things to increase the hostiliy but it doesnt work:

- Cant find a port where the "Hostility Order"-Button isn't disabled. Tried at my capitol (Christiansted) and several neutral like Amalienborg, Coral Bay, Hat Island and Oranjestad

- Can't attack any neutral fleets to increase hostility for neutral towns

- Could attack fleets of other nations near Oranjestad, but that didnt increase hostility there.

- Created a clan by myself and tried the points above again, no success

So i wonder, how to make hostility on testbed against a neutral town?

Delta pretty much beat me to it.  Yah was going to say you can only take the mission in Nation owned ports.    Seems like it gives us 3 ships (prob one per player pluss 2) for each missions so make sure you bring repairs and what you need.  

I was wondering if the Open world ships will give hostility?  All I saw around Barcoa when we flipped it was neutral ships and we couldn't attack them as pirates.

Other nations wouldn't give you hostility for a neutral port.  It has to be the same nation.  

@Sir Texas Sir I think the only way to raise hostility now is the missions, because they stay open for the full 1:30 allowing a possible counter. 

@Sven Silberbart Yes I am the only one in the clan, I don't think the numbers matter. It is possible to complete a mission by yourself, but repairs are definitely needed. 

It seems that hostility missions for 4th rate ports always give agamemnons as the enemy (happened 2/2 times for me). Not sure what the shallow or lineship missions give. 

On 9/2/2017 at 1:01 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Oh and out of the four ships I looted my rewards was.

Trim by the stern book

Rig Repairs

Rum

Rig Repairs

All while I was needing freaking Hull repairs as I was out after fighting the three Vict's.  Can we stop giving a crap ton of rig repairs in these missions.  I swear RNG hates me and all I get is Rig Repairs.  I don't remember the last time I gotten hull repairs. I'm fine with rum to replace crew lost but really how often do you repair you sails when your doing NPC grinding?

i will look into that. Rig repairs and hull repairs are in the same group and should drop equally well. 

regarding rewards. WE HAVE NOT YET increased rewards but plan to do so. What gave you an impression that rewards are higher?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Hull Repairs 50%

Rum 25%

Rig Repair 10%

Cannons 10%

Rare other item drop. 5%

@admin maybe do something like this.  I get they are prob about the same drops, but maybe do the percentage so you get more hull repairs then Rum and Rig Repairs.  Though numbers can be better adjusted with info ya'll have on the drops.

27 minutes ago, admin said:

i will look into that. Rig repairs and hull repairs are in the same group and should drop equally well. 

regarding rewards. WE HAVE NOT YET increased rewards but plan to do so. What gave you an impression that rewards are higher?

No need about that. i just finished a mission and all 3 agas dropped Hull Peps

Unity 5 gfx glitches:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/852725391216150969/9186D34673F27E8ABAD7748A47AF91DAFC5D3706/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/852725391216158966/A5DBD436E97C0BCF0E5628001AC46358CBCD1641/

i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (2x SLI)
Driver 378.66 standard profile (I thought I was running custom, but it is the standard one)

Edited by Skully

Potential problem w.r.t. Neutral hostility:

1. Sail fleet to Neutral port and build outpost
  2. TP back and create hostility missions
  3. TP to Neutral port and fight away

I don't truly consider it a problem, but then it makes more sense to just allow hostility missions to be taken from Neutral ports as well.

On 2/9/2017 at 10:56 AM, victor said:

I tested with a friend the reinforcement mechanics around "safe" zones, well it seems it worked as intented: the aggressor (in a quick ship) chose not to run away immediately and was wiped away with no chance to survive.

So the mechanics seems fair enough: the average aggressor has the choice to run away (immediately) else he will be sunk. And the spawn point of the reinfocements is such that the defender can manouver in order to let the spawned ships actually can defend him. 

If you speak about our test, I tryed to run as soon as possible, but the two Santissimas vs my Prince were too close to me for any possible scape.

4 minutes ago, Skully said:

Potential problem w.r.t. Neutral hostility:

1. Sail fleet to Neutral port and build outpost
  2. TP back and create hostility missions
  3. TP to Neutral port and fight away

I don't truly consider it a problem, but then it makes more sense to just allow hostility missions to be taken from Neutral ports as well.

Yeah, I think the same. ¿Maybe limit the range of creation of hostility missions from the original port?

3 minutes ago, Siegfried said:

Yeah, I think the same. ¿Maybe limit the range of creation of hostility missions from the original port?

As far as all factions can do it, I do not see it as a problem, rather as a feature that allows more aggressive tactics in RvR

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Siegfried said:

That runs into the 11 Fronts per Nation problem.

2 hours ago, Skully said:
11 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

You can capture ports in the centre of the map :)

Is this an expectation, a proposition or a prerequisite? ^_^

1 hour ago, Siegfried said:

Distance9 shouldn't  matter if you bring a good group of say 12.  12 times three is 36 missions. If you can't flip a port in that many mission than there is a problem.   3% per ship and you get 3 ships min x 36 is 108%, but this is assuming you solo all those missions.  A group of 12 would get prob 15 ships.  That means they can prob flip it in 3-4 missions if no one contest it.   Folks use to wonder how pre-patch we flipped ports so fast.  We would hit those mega fleets in front of a region that have 20-25 ships with our group of 12-20 players and get over 60% just off the fleets.   

The problem every one was having after this patch was actually trying to find ship sin the OW since we didn't have the mission any more.

10 minutes ago, Borch said:

Yes, but if we consider the fact that main ports wont be capturable, fast hostility build could lead to loads of action in the middle of the map. Also this could sort the problem of only 1st rates and Aggas in PB's as the action would be happening too fast. Plus eventuall raids would make it epic fighting everywhere. I'm not saying that i disagree as I didnt tried this myself but I think, that fast hostility build should stay, with maybe small changes plus/minus depending on how tests with bigger numbers will end.

From what i understand PB's will start 30 mins after hostility reach 100%? Is there going to be any limit how many PB's a nation can create per day?

I dont think there is a nations limit coz we have clan wars now.

Atm we need just 2 missions = sinking 6 agas. With a big fleet this is done very fast. I fear too fast for building up an defense. If there is any chance for histility defence left. Lets say 2 groups a 6 players. Both started a hostililty mission. both ends nearly the same time. Hostility is from 0% directly to 100%, or i am wrong? No chance for counter that. And after that the pb starts the without defence players, because the timeframe wasnt enough. Hard to test with max. 5 players on testbed, only^^

Edited by Sven Silberbart

1 hour ago, Sven Silberbart said:

doing hostilility is way too fats in my opinion. As lone player and for test purposes on testbed averything is fine, but for the next patch?!

1 hour ago, Borch said:

From what i understand PB's will start 30 mins after hostility reach 100%? Is there going to be any limit how many PB's a nation can create per day?

PBs will start after 24 22 hours. 30 minutes is a temporary measure.

I just captured Salina Point by myself (because you lazy buggers didn't do it for me :P).

I think it is good that the mechanic can scale down to having RvR with just 2 players, but like the battle at Baracoa and the hostility missions it shows that Clan AI (/PvE) must not be part of RvR.

PS. I had to buy a Navy Brig, because I couldn't enter with the Rookie Brig... :lol:

Edited by Skully

I clicked out a hostility mission.

bb24c5788b222f906185eb1526de2935.png

People had done that before me.

29d802904dd65e6d6f6b31ef00b99504.png

I hulk-smashed the three ships in a vic.

1709c61dd9f8c3784fc9d265e43ee9b7.png

1e6fcb78ec6733e292e13840179ac802.png

7cc4ed1da74d036ef187ec82f1397303.png

Silly me, I should have hit a virgin port because I wanted to see how much hostility I could work up with one mission.

About the 10x hostility buildup; Is that 10x on testbed and won't be this fast on live, or will buildup be this fast (10x compared to what we're used to) when changes hit?

Did anyone test and record how much buildup one mission makes?

14 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Remember on test bed the hostility is set x10 from normal to speed it up for testing.

16 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Did anyone test and record how much buildup one mission makes?