Game-Labs Forum

Should we allow Free Port outpost teleports again?

3 minutes ago, Mrdoomed said:

Well they need to do something because once a player is being camped in a freeport there is nothing they can do but log off.

I eventually agreed with the others: just bring something like a Lynx with you. Maybe a Trader's Lynx, actually, so you can also move small amounts of goods in and out. They are almost impossible to stop, if you put some rig repairs on board. None of the upwind ships have forward chasers so they can't really even stop each other.

Another option would be to just keep trying to run out in a Basic Cutter. Zero cost to you, zero reward for them if they sink you, and they still aren't that easy to catch.

I have no doubt we will be hearing from trapped people, but I do agree the solution for this particular problem is there for those who plan ahead.

remove freeports...not only TP.

actual game mechanic lets vets player open an op in enemy homeland killing everyone expecially newbs because they don't know how defend themselves.

so newbs will lose their few money/single ship, once, twice...third time they left game.

again server pop goes 100 players only.

let nations be able to grow up their player, and PVP on frontlines

maybe introduce a ''rest in port'' cooldown: when a player goes in enemy waters like now, he can kill how many people he wants until he goes back in 1 port for repair. entering enemy port starts a cooldown of 1 hour where he can enter how many times he likes for repair/sell/trade, once timer expired he cannot enter anymore for 24hours...so if he needs to repair he musts go back to homeland

20 hours ago, Slamz said:

Will they?

If not, are you okay with trading being forever a high reward, no risk money creator?

Raiding traders is high risk and includes a very real threat of being literally shut out of the game. You will have to just log out, play something else and sneak out at 2am in a basic cutter.

I think few if any people will do this, therefore trading is actually a no risk money fountain. The threat from "raiders" is purely imagined.

Really

1 hour ago, huliotkd said:

remove freeports...not only TP.

actual game mechanic lets vets player open an op in enemy homeland killing everyone expecially newbs because they don't know how defend themselves.

so newbs will lose their few money/single ship, once, twice...third time they left game.

again server pop goes 100 players only.

let nations be able to grow up their player, and PVP on frontlines

maybe introduce a ''rest in port'' cooldown: when a player goes in enemy waters like now, he can kill how many people he wants until he goes back in 1 port for repair. entering enemy port starts a cooldown of 1 hour where he can enter how many times he likes for repair/sell/trade, once timer expired he cannot enter anymore for 24hours...so if he needs to repair he musts go back to homeland

You will never have "front lines" when entire nations can teleport at will back and forth and and attack wherever the other guys are not. Happened pre wipe and will happen again. This time things have chaged a little to slow it down but it will start again.

2 hours ago, Slamz said:

I eventually agreed with the others: just bring something like a Lynx with you. Maybe a Trader's Lynx, actually, so you can also move small amounts of goods in and out. They are almost impossible to stop, if you put some rig repairs on board. None of the upwind ships have forward chasers so they can't really even stop each other.

Another option would be to just keep trying to run out in a Basic Cutter. Zero cost to you, zero reward for them if they sink you, and they still aren't that easy to catch.

I have no doubt we will be hearing from trapped people, but I do agree the solution for this particular problem is there for those who plan ahead.

Something tells me since " so many" people bitch that they dont have time to even sail to battle or sail from one port to another without teleports and fast speed ow travel that when they are faced with your guys option of " well just keep making a run for it in a cutter" and maybe some hour you will get away after 40 retags , will just not sit well with that crowd.

They will all quit. Its going to happen with the crowd that plays this game.

19 hours ago, monk33y said:

As I pirate I don't really see the point of teleports to free ports! I mean conquest is now slow with local focus. If a pirate clan wants to set up in a freeport they sail there and work out of it. Giving back teleport to freeport will just advertise ganking and counter ganking! 

If you want to sail you now have to pick where and how not jump jump and jump again!!

Conquest has slowed down tremendously with a new patch, compared to what it was. I don't think it's a bad thing. Granted those first few days moved quickly but fronts were still being established. Pushing those fronts should be much slower.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hodo said:

It is forcing people to spread out and if they want the fight they can go to the "front".   Or they can continue to hide in the rear relatively safe far behind the lines.

Unfortunately this is only because of wipe. Once everything is reastablished it will be exactly like before wipe. It simply has to because nothing really changed to affect the end result. 

As someone who just restarted from scratch i can see its already setting up to be the same. Give it 4 months and revisit this thought.

you shouldnt be able to teleport between free towns. it will only keep the gank going on. teleporting between your nations ports will only give you acces to your own nations ports which is nearly no advantage compared to the option to teleport between the whole map into any nations region.

• Like 1

No to teleports but yes to being able to conduct our affairs of buying/selling/crafting in our ports without having to move your captain there. It just makes sense. If we owned such enterprises, we would have managers and employees to follow our instructions in our absence. 

On 9/6/2017 at 6:26 PM, Mrdoomed said:

You will never have "front lines" when entire nations can teleport at will back and forth and and attack wherever the other guys are not. Happened pre wipe and will happen again. This time things have chaged a little to slow it down but it will start again.

nope.

if you removes freeport noone can open an OP behind enemy lines so the area of PVP is the frontline where 2 nations are next other by 1 port

Some of us don't have enough time per day to play 3-4 hours to sail towards a free port where we want to hunt and then sail back home, this is increasing the playing time of the game, it has no sense for people that can't spend their whole day in this game, bring back the old teleports it was good enough