Game-Labs Forum

Can you bring us some happiness?

Dear Devs I don't remember the last time you showed us something interesting. It's been quiet here and I think it's time for you to shine some light on:

-New Ships

-3D Boarding

-UI sneak peak

-Other possible content.

It's difficult to see Steam reviews are keep coming with those red thumbs down. Please give us something so we cheer up a little. :) 

Thanks. 

Edited by Ned Low
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, z4ys said:

there are more important things to do.

fix of...

...Shopbug

...or the steady stream of RvR exploits

There is always that one guy who derails the whole topic. :D

Edited by Ned Low
  • Like 1

I agree with OP. This game has been tweaked forth amd back for 2 years now to bring the perfect game for every single player! And it does NOT get perfect for everyone! It's about time to stop tweaking all kinds of stuff and settle for something inbetween, good economy, PvP and PvE, something for new players etc! It's time to say; Hey, we do it like this, this was the game most people enjoyed when it was like that, and then we start working on some new things like UI, better info on things, tutorial etc, and THEN we can go back to tweaking stuff again AFTER the game is more complete, both for new AND old players!

Tweaking forth and back and bringing in all kinds of new game mechanics doesn't help both new AND old players! It only scares away new players and confuses old players! STOP DOING THAT, and move along! Do tweaking later, but find a middle way now and be done with it!

Look, buying a house, a car, whatever, it's always about first impression, amd logging into this game seing the blue UI with incomplete info on all kinds of things isn't much of a first impression!

If this was fixed, it would attract new players, and it would also make more new players stay!

If enough people like this post, maybe the devs would do something about it. I really hope so at least!

Edited by Thomas Sailaway
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Thomas Sailaway said:

I agree with OP. This game has been tweaked forth amd back for 2 years now to bring the perfect game for every single player! And it does NOT get perfect for everyone! It's about time to stop tweaking all kinds of stuff and settle for something inbetween, good economy, PvP and PvE, something for new players etc! It's time to say; Hey, we do it like this, this was the game most people enjoyed when it was like that, and then we start working on some new things like UI, better info on things, tutorial etc, and THEN we can go back to tweaking stuff again AFTER the game is more complete, both for new AND old players!

Tweaking forth and back and bringing in all kinds of new game mechanics doesn't help both new AND old players! It only scares away new players and confuses old players! STOP DOING THAT, and move along! Do tweaking later, but find a middle way now and be done with it!

Honestly I do believe this game is a trap. Players get sucked in, Devs collect money and leave them sailing for hours wasting time. I am more and more concerned it was made on purpose. 

Based on National TS talk and Rumors. 

This is for Mods/Devs eyes only. (NO approval needed).

Edited by Ned Low

2 hours ago, Ned Low said:

Dear Devs I don't remember the last time you showed us something interesting. It's been quiet here and I think it's time for you to shine some light on:

-New Ships

-3D Boarding

-UI sneak peak

-Other possible content.

It's difficult to see Steam reviews are keep coming with those red thumbs down. Please give us something so we cheer up a little. :) 

Thanks. 

I mean for most parts already answers available.Except UI

New ships = it was said we already have more than the promised ships ingame. For eventually more ships the steam reviews aka game sells have to get better. + We will get  Kickstarter ship packs for more ships.

3D boarding = New boarding aka looks like ultimate general will eventually get in after release

Other possible content = Questlines for special ships. Thats why some ships arent ingame yet.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ned Low said:

Honestly I do believe this game is a trap. Players get sucked in, Devs collect money and leave them sailing for hours wasting time. I am more and more concerned it was made on purpose. 

I've heard the same thing. It's just doesn't feel right leaving the first impression of a game like this for years. If you look at Steam, the game is a whole lot more expencive than other games in early developement, and the the pictures and videos there are all polished and no blue UI screen. Tweaking is easy to do, little work too.

BUT, I do hope it's not true though! And I wish the devs would show us what they are working on and start finnishing the missing things and do the tweaks later.

20 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I mean for most parts you were asking are already answers available.Except UI

New ships = it was said we already have more than the promised ships ingame. For eventually more ships the steam reviews aka game sells have to get better. + We will get  Kickstarter ship packs for more ships.

3D boarding = New boarding aka looks like ultimate general will eventually get in after release

Other possible content = Questlines for special ships. Thats why some ships arent ingame yet.

Yah I don't get why folks need shiney new things every moment when this isn't release and the game is still in Alpha Development.   Though I didn't like they took out a good number of ships:

Rattler (should be for every one like it was)

Rattler Heavy (this should be in the Pirate Den since nats gat the SOLs BP's with the Aggy."

Wappen (gift ship I bet)

Santa C (gift reward ship)

Niagara & INgermanland both are on the open world along with the normal rattler, why are they in game any more?  If it's for other content to come when will that content come?  A day from now, a month, a year?

49 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I mean for most parts already answers available.Except UI

When was the last date they mentioned this? December? I think it's time to refresh and provide some news. I do get next patch brings new (improved) UI, raids... but is this all? Boarding in development since October? and no news on that.. did they scrap it?

Edited by Ned Low

49 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah I don't get why folks need shiney new things every moment when this isn't release and the game is still in Alpha Development.   Though I didn't like they took out a good number of ships:

Rattler (should be for every one like it was)

Rattler Heavy (this should be in the Pirate Den since nats gat the SOLs BP's with the Aggy."

Wappen (gift ship I bet)

Santa C (gift reward ship)

Niagara & INgermanland both are on the open world along with the normal rattler, why are they in game any more?  If it's for other content to come when will that content come?  A day from now, a month, a year?

Not to mention the 1806/7 Admiraal De Ruyter Ship was the #1 voted ship to be in game next at the time, and then they added number 4. the Wappen. A dane ship. WHY DO THE DANES HAVE SHIPS AND THE DUTCH DONT. >.> Granted she was built in Amsterdam. 

• Like 2

This game needs something new.  Right now we have a revised crafting system and are still getting to that "end game" stage.  Once we get there....the game is the same as it was 6 months ago.  Players will eventually leave because of this.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Not to mention the 1806/7 Admiraal De Ruyter Ship was the #1 voted ship to be in game next at the time, and then they added number 4. the Wappen. A dane ship. WHY DO THE DANES HAVE SHIPS AND THE DUTCH DONT. >.> Granted she was built in Amsterdam. 

The Inhabitants of Hamburg are very angry about you now ... :D ... *throws a Map at you*

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ned Low said:

Yeah..... Right. Got anything actually substantial to support that?

Can say that judging by the changes that happen in the game the devs most certainly are working full-time with it. Don't know if you have experience in programming or game design, but it isn't exactly something you can fart out while having a cup of coffee.

Sure, I don't know how much money they have earned on the game, nor how much their dev studio costs to run, but neither do you so your statement is pretty darn bold. Take for example the whole "putting land into battles no matter where in the big world you are" thing and add the forts&towers PB stuff on that. That has definitely taken a crapload of work hours to do. You'll have to count time on features like that in man-months, not man-hours.

If anything your kind of posts is what makes game devs sick of making games and sick of interacting with the community. Good job.

• Like 1