Game-Labs Forum

Basic Cutter needs a change

1 hour ago, troody said:

PLZ make Basic Cutter unable to start PvP, to join Pvp or zo participate in any way in PvP!

These cowardish tactics from many players while risking no own values, need to be fixed as fast as possible!

The only problem with this is that players could then use the basic cutter to avoid getting tagged. It might be handy for ferrying around small amounts of cargo.

The answer to this would be to completely remove the cargo space from the basic cutter, along with your suggestion. The basic cutter would then only be useful for returning back to a home port when you're stranded somewhere, or for doing low-level PVE missions (to get started when you're new, or to recover when bankrupt later).

3 minutes ago, Musuko42 said:

The only problem with this is that players could then use the basic cutter to avoid getting tagged. It might be handy for ferrying around small amounts of cargo.

The answer to this would be to completely remove the cargo space from the basic cutter, along with your suggestion. The basic cutter would then only be useful for returning back to a home port when you're stranded somewhere, or for doing low-level PVE missions (to get started when you're new, or to recover when bankrupt later).

Or just allow cutters to be still attacked.

17 minutes ago, Ixal said:

You already do not receive PvP marks for sinking basic cutters.

Maybe....we should actually? 

Do you think that would stop cutter spam when players start realizing their death actually makes the winner gain something out of it?

33 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Maybe....we should actually? 

Do you think that would stop cutter spam when players start realizing their death actually makes the winner gain something out of it?

All that would happen then is people would farm basic cutters off of alts.

There has to be a cost for the loser as well as a gain for the winner.

On 28/05/2017 at 8:48 PM, admin said:

This is a temporary problem. 

Last February when the game was released we spend weeks coding server queues, priority queues, and auto disconnects. Which only were needed for 2 weeks. Same with cutter. this problem will continue for 1 week and then will disappear. It will then come back one more time on release

Cutter posts also were posted in Jan Feb 2016 where people were discussing issues like " can 25 cutters destroy a lineship". Some people imagine its not a cutter but a Rifter.

And yes. 25 cutters is 300 guns. Its almost 2x more than army of wellington had at Waterloo. 
And yes - such battles happened in history. For example Gangut, or danish gunboat raid on British lineships

why fix a problem when you can just wait for it to go away........

Why not lock basic cutters to missions only?  you can turn AI fleet's ability to tag players why not the basic cutter. 

and why allow basic cutters to have ANY upgrades/perks

the issue is not with cutters it is with basic cutters which are completely free of any cost. If there is a meta for fireships around then at least make them pay for it.  And next wipe you won't have that meta until there's enough gold around for people to afford multiple cutters.

Alright i've had enough, taking a break of this charade

It's happening over and over again. battle starts, he lets his mates know through nat chat, they have plenty of time (5 minutes!) to respond, and of course they'd take basic cutters as they're free. It's not about them being strong, really. It's just the mass of them, with the chaining buff, is just absolutely disgusting. 5 basic cutters can chain down anything pretty quickly. I know you can oneshot them, but you simply don't have the time to do it, before you're down to 40% sails.

Being forced to use up all repair kits because of freaking cutters, then having to sail back to base and get new ones... Just to get cutter swarmed again. Nah thanks, i'll pass for now. let me know when  this is fixed.

9822675E763F96A4A586C5038C78FD5D58565707

• Like 3

I totally agree with the Basic cutter needs to get out of PVP. During hostility on an Indef i got tagged by 8 basic cutters. You have no chance to get away once in fight. Chains, grapes and you easy lose 30k-40k for crew and repair kits. even you sink some, how much did they lose? Nothing. If you are lucky to get out and have sunk some they maybe already wait for you outside again to tag you again. 

I can understand the concern that if a nation got very small so that they can't large ships anymore could be a problem if cutters are removed from pvp. But you need to find another solution for that.  

• Like 1