Game-Labs Forum

Hostility Testbed

As only the region owner nation fleets counts, 5 hours straight for 49,5% ain't that bad, but that how I see it. Hostility isn't a race, more kind a declaration of intention. BUT considering the scenario on live production servers with PvP going on i'd say it will be either faster or decidedly pushed back, whether you are on the winning or losing side.

Question, if you noticed during your testing - Does the effective BR and numbers difference has an effect or is simply a linear effect ?

I ask this due to two reasons, if I run hostility with corvettes and engage bigger frigates in equal numbers is not the same as I run super frigates battering light cruise frigates into submission with the same numbers.

Whatever case your observation is wanting a suggestion. Do you have any specific proposal ?

Since it was mentioned on here some time ago, does hostility reset at maintenance on the testbed? Because if so, 5 hours for 50% that is lost at maintenance is going to be horrid, either allow for a slow build-up over several days or a quick one reset at maintenance.

1 hour ago, The Red Duke said:

As only the region owner nation fleets counts, 5 hours straight for 49,5% ain't that bad, but that how I see it. Hostility isn't a race, more kind a declaration of intention. BUT considering the scenario on live production servers with PvP going on i'd say it will be either faster or decidedly pushed back, whether you are on the winning or losing side.

Question, if you noticed during your testing - Does the effective BR and numbers difference has an effect or is simply a linear effect ?

I ask this due to two reasons, if I run hostility with corvettes and engage bigger frigates in equal numbers is not the same as I run super frigates battering light cruise frigates into submission with the same numbers.

Whatever case your observation is wanting a suggestion. Do you have any specific proposal ?

I hope thats sarcasm ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Red Duke said:

No. It is an assumption.

i guess the op didnt say how many were grinding hostility ...but you aint going to get many people willing to do 10 hrs of hostility grinding ,, i know your going to say it will be done by differnt people over a period of time ... but thats not my experience ... we had to  beg people to come and do a couple of hours of hostility grinding .. most didnt want to do it  and it was usually down to same people

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

i guess the op didnt say how many were grinding hostility ...but you aint going to get many people willing to do 10 hrs of hostility grinding ,, i know your going to say it will be done by differnt people over a period of time ... but thats not my experience ... we had to  beg people to come and do a couple of hours of hostility grinding .. most didnt want to do it  and it was usually down to same people

Yah we had problems getting folks to grind out hostility on Live and this is even worse cause we don't have the missions per say to do them.  It should not take a group 5 hours to get 50% unless it's like a couple of guys. A group of 6-12 should be able to flip a region in less than 2 hours.  We use to hit the mega fleets (25 SOL's) and we know they giver over 50% to make an instant flip form what we had put on with a few curse missions we do real fast to get it to 40-50%.  We never used war supplies cause they where to much of a pain, but it would be nice to know how many ships where they using and what ships.  Just think how bad it will be to do a shallow water port if that is 4th rate region they are grinding on.  Oh and the we expect PvP to make up the difference thing isn't going to work when some nations aren't beg (Spain at first) or if it's a region on the edge and not many folks play that area.    If it was like 1-3 guys doing the grinding than that makes since why it was only 5 hours for 50%.  I can see not allowing a small group to easily flip a region.

Raising hostility is more difficult than it used to be. We have tried raising hostility in two different 1. rate regions and we are currently doing a 4. rate region. There is no point bringing more than 3-5 players in big ships, because there are not enough AI fleets from the correct nation there to attack. So we need more AI fleets from the right nation and bigger variation in size. I also think every single region should have a massive AI fleet of 25 ships, rateed according to the PB type in the region. So there at least a reason to organize a larger group.  

If defenders see the hostility increasing, they might  come to counter grind the hostility so there is a small chance that you get PvP. But seriously counter grinding hostility by doing PvE should not be an option!!! Players doing that should have their characther transferred over to the PvE server. 

Only way to counter grind hostility should be PvP IMO.

9 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

Well realistic a bit but there is other side - gameplay and team effort and avoid to "solo" flip ports as well.. Anyway still think just ships BR in region should make slow but steady influence on hostility.

And I think this deserves some thought. also. We will be sailing around looking for AI fleets withing the region. A lot of waiting in OW and the AI is faster now so you might not be able to catch up with all. So if players sailing around in a enemy region would slowly effect the hostility it would help a lot, and it is logical. And it might prevent players from raging after not seeing a single AI fleet from the right nation for 30+ minutes.. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rediii said:

The thing is that now more pvp will happen so you do hostility with pvp and only start with pve.

at 5 hrs for 50% .. if you see hostility going uo as a defender you stay well clear of a region thats been attacked  ,,,if there is limitef ai fleets available ,,you dont want to make it easier ..wait until they are 8 hrs in 80% then go kill them ....sink a few ships drop hostility back down .... attackers wont come back

imagine been an attacker and youve been grinding for last 8 hours ..you leave battle straight into ow as you have no choice and your enemies fleet is there ..they sink your 1 dura ship ...and reduce the hostility level ..  your not going to be motivated to come back any time soon

34 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Generate Hostility is a fulltime job but i have another fulltime job......:blink:

Maybe it is IF we all think we are the only players in the Nation that do something B) ... anything !

It is quite often the case. :) Which doesn't make it true.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thonys said:

small ships raise small hostility

big ships raise faster hostility than small ships 

a nuke bomb and you have hostility in a sec 

The biggest fleet are 2 Bellona and 1 Constitution 

1 minute ago, Christoph said:

The biggest fleet are 2 Bellona and 1 Constitution 

if this is it,  it is quite normal that the hostility is not going fast

so i believe it is normal 

we will see lager fleets when we are onroute after the wipe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

that's not the biggest fleet. I saw quite huge fleets already with multiple lineships like it's on the live server now too. But they are not that usual.

Yes but not in all regions 

• Like 1

Just now, Christoph said:

Yes but not in all regions 

Must wait until Live and then hit the players. Abandoned regions will simply be a hostility build up with no contest whatsoever.

Regions that a Nation cannot lose will be 100% patrolled. And PvP does, for sure, increase/decrease hostility in a way that PvE cannot.