Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 7 for testbed patch 9.99

admin

Just now, Liquicity said:

The one time I've used tp to nearest port on the testbed I got teleported to outside the port, the dock.

And when being sunk, I think you'll get teleported into the nearest friendly (deepwater?) port

correct -> deepwater port

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liquicity said:

The one time I've used tp to nearest port on the testbed I got teleported to outside the port, the dock.

And when being sunk, I think you'll get teleported into the nearest friendly (deepwater?) port

Thanks! Good to know. 

The initial posters situation has been discussed enough so I wont add to it. However, I would like to add...(at least presently on the test server)...You are able to be in a trader and fleet a warship - engage the smuggler flag and enter an enemy port. You can also then exit the port with no problem. I dont know if that is the case with everyone, but that was my experience. I was in an LGV and had a Pirate Frigate in Fleet. I put the smuggler flag on and went to a French held port. I exited with no problem. I dont know if this will transfer to the live server after the wipe.

28 minutes ago, Headless Parrot said:

The initial posters situation has been discussed enough so I wont add to it. However, I would like to add...(at least presently on the test server)...You are able to be in a trader and fleet a warship - engage the smuggler flag and enter an enemy port. You can also then exit the port with no problem. I dont know if that is the case with everyone, but that was my experience. I was in an LGV and had a Pirate Frigate in Fleet. I put the smuggler flag on and went to a French held port. I exited with no problem. I dont know if this will transfer to the live server after the wipe.

Developers is this the desired design for the game?

Something tells me it was a glitch, or at least not the norm. I dont think it will be part of the server after the wipe. 

3 hours ago, Headless Parrot said:

Something tells me it was a glitch, or at least not the norm. I dont think it will be part of the server after the wipe. 

It's not a glitch. You can enter any port with your fleets no matter what the fleet is as long as your in a a trader ship and have the smuggler flag on. I all ways keep it on from old days cause pirates can be attacked by any one.  They need to bring back that nationals can be attacked by any one (even same nation) with the smuggler flag. It should basically make you a pirate per say.  I thought they where going to do this cause they mention it when they where talking about doing the PvE zone in the Gulf of Mexico.  There was a comment that said it would be the only way you can get attacked in the PvE zone.   So really they should just bring it back and any fight with smuggler flag makes it basically a pirate free for all.  So  pirates won't abuse it remove it from pirates to have the optoin, but make it so that all pirates as long as they are in a trader ship can enter any port.  We been talking about making them more pirate like with some perks for the negatives they have, that could be a nice perk for pirates only.

6 hours ago, Liquicity said:

Well somehow you must have entered that port in the first place.
If you entered it in a trader, I dont think you are able to sell that trader, as you would need to 'leave' the ship to do so, which is impossible.
If the port gets captured over night by an enemy nation, I think you are still able to leave the port in any ship. At least it used to be like that a few months ago. Not sure if it still works.

You can sale the ship, but most folks do this with a cheap crappy trader (like a trader lynx/cutter).  If you are not in a ship you can move it to your fleet, but if you click on that ship your locked in it and if it's a war ship your not locked in that ship or you have to sale it to the port.   Now the trick is to sail the trader ship to the ship shop and than buy it back.  

Honestly I think they should lock the ship shop to only that nation of the owner of the port.  Why would I sale a ship in friendly port to a nation I"m at war with?  Hell that a fast way to end up on the end of a rope.  Ship sales should be reserved to friendly national ports and freeports only.

5 hours ago, Liquicity said:

If you sink it's the nearest friendly port (freeports count as I been sent to La Tort a few times).  This really should be changed to your closes Out Post.  It might suck if you don't have on close to where you got sunk at, but than that is what good about having one slot for a forward out post/free port to work out of when Waring away from home.  If you use the telport back to port it's any deepwater port close to you friendly or not and you out side the port.

From previous post, we can see a concern. Let's build the scenario:

You stop playing with your warship docked in a friendly port in which you have no outpost. Two days later, you want to play again, but some enemy nation have captured the port in between. So that you resume the game in a warship stuck in an enemy port.

You cannot sail out in your warship. You can sell your ship, for almost nothing, and buy a trader, if some are available, but this would be useless because you have no smuggler flag. You cannot set the smuggler flag on.

In consequence, you are stuck, without any other option than wiping out yourself, restarting with another avatar, having left back your XP's  only...

This has to be fixed!

Edited by Eléazar de Damas

5 hours ago, furyGer said:

Not sure, but in past you can sail out a conquered port once with a war ship. Never tried it on testbed. 

That was only after a port battle and after server reset you got like a one time out with one ship card for that port.  Not clue if it even still worked after they switched to regionals.  The one thing I haven't been able to test is any of the Port Battle stuff.  Wonder if you could still do this.  Though I would think it would still be in placed.  Specially with the no tow and telports it would be more key to get out of a port one time if you had to leave the game after a port battle your nation lost to an attacker.