Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 6 for testbed patch 9.99

admin

Hello captains

New hot fix is being deployed to testbed server.

Governors of regions announced a monopoly on all woods except for oak, fir and lignum. Imported resources (like teak) will only be available in the regions that imported them historically. Other woods will only be sold by NPC traders in the region. 

Tunings and fixes.
Remember that all parameters are not final and are provided for testing and feedback. Don't sharpen your swords just yet.

• New trims added to game. Some trims removed
  • New wood types added to game
    • When new resources are introduced it will take time for NPCs to build up the stock. 
  • Invisibility added when exiting battles under following conditions
    • When battle is closed for entry for reinforcements the system determines the Battle rating of both sides.
    • Side with the weaker Battle rating will receive 1 min invisibility on exit 
    • You cannot be attacked or attack during invisibility
    • Invisibility persists even if you die and spawn in port (lets say Free town)
    • This feature is new and might require turning in case players find loopholes or exploits with it. 
  • Cannons can now be stored in the warehouse
  • Cargo destruction in the open world has been made even slower (25 seconds per stack). This will allow privateers to get some cargo if they tag the trader in time.
  • Rum repair changed (due to previous pricing mistake) and now fixes 1 crew per bottle (instead of 10 crew per bottle as previously)
  • Port crew recruitment is now 68 per crew member
  • Copper mine building removed, copper removed from all blueprints.
  • Ship blueprints updated and now require provisions. Ships in general became more expensive to make (especially higher level vessels)
  • New spectacular bugs are probably introduced.

Discuss.

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, admin said:

Ship blueprints updated and now require provisions. Ships in general became more expensive to make (especially higher level vessels)

this doesn`t sound too good,but i`am gonna take a look first,before i start crying and complaining.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

My initial thought is overall i like this but provision requirement on ships is not somethijg I am looking forward to.

Crew costing money again may backfire as well.

Worth testing once more, the important thing to keep in mind is we the players should always be able to make money, if money can't be made the game won't be played.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, admin said:

Side with the weaker Battle rating will receive 1 min invisibility on exit 

Nice, but this still doesnt fix the griefing of the case wehre a group consisting of heavy ships and additionally a few fast tagger ships trap their prey in battle, without any intention to fight them, just so the heavy ships outside can catch up due to the boosted OW speed.
In this case,the tagging ships would just tag the target, then escape. The opposite side would not get an invisibilty timer, because it has more BR.

• Like 9

Just now, Intrepido said:

My POV:

60 secs wont be enough. 90 is my bet.

I thought rum was stored in barrels (as the crafting recipe says), so it would have sense to recover 10 crewmembers.

Provisions and crew costs: More crafting requirements and more money sinks arent needed, at all.

I like the rest of changes.

With 1/10th of a barrel of Rum I think I would be realy realy realy well "cured"...

• Like 1

• Ship blueprints updated and now require provisions. Ships in general became more expensive to make (especially higher level vessels)

Does this mean we will pvp less? I know ship cost already sky high. It cost me almost 400k to fit Trinc. Loosing ships now is bank breaking and I do not believe it will promote any pvp at all. You have to make 1 mil/day to feel comfortable to go out pvp otherwise people will just Grind for cash and hide in ports. 

ex. Back in the days I used to be able to out maneuver Ingermanland in my Trinc no problem, now you can't penetrate that ship at 200 yards, NPC turns too fast removing any chance of stern attack. It is very difficult to fight anything larger than your ship if you want to make some cash. New players will be very unhappy with this. It also feels like time is so slow now, that these ships sail like they are sick or something. Game becomes very slow paced and requires tons of time and money to play it. If this is what final product will look like I am afraid many of us won't be playing this 1 fight/ a day game. 

Also, reduce repair timers by at least 2 mins on 'ship' and 'crew'.

Edited by Ned Low
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Liquicity said:

Nice, but this still doesnt fix the griefing of the case wehre a group consisting of heavy ships and additionally a few fast tagger ships trap their prey in battle, without any intention to fight them, just so the heavy ships outside can catch up due to the boosted OW speed.
In this case,the tagging ships would just tag the target, then escape. The opposite side would not get an invisibilty timer, because it has more BR.

but then the tagging ships got no pvp fun

5 minutes ago, captain pips said:

this doesn`t sound too good,but i`am gonna take a look first,before i start crying and complaining.:rolleyes:

Agreed... @admin wouldn't it be an idea to introduce a sliding scale as a function of average daily/weekly server population? The amount of PvP trading and fighting is ultimately going to determine the amount of production in the game and the current prerequisites seem a little too much for it to be tested properly.

Edited by Twan

3 minutes ago, katerholzig said:

but then the tagging ships got no pvp fun

They would not care (for the first tag) because they know, the enemy must leave the battle instance, and outside their friends are already waiting, well spread out, so they can take on the target together.
The first tag is just to trap the target in battle, think of it as a cage

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Liquicity said:

They would not care (for the first tag) because they know, the enemy must leave the battle screen, and outside their friends are already waiting, well spread out, so they can take on the target together.
The first tag is just to trap the target in battle, think of it as a cave

makes sense

and since tagging ships are light ships with light wood they cannot resist many cannon balls anyway

4 minutes ago, Smithy said:

1 barrel per crew.. holy crap and I was just managing to keep rum stocks going at 10 men per barrel

disinfection + drink + price issues
it was 6.8 per crewman before and should have been higher from the start. we either had to do this or increase sugar price 10 times. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

They would not care (for the first tag) because they know, the enemy must leave the battle instance, and outside their friends are already waiting, well spread out, so they can take on the target together.
The first tag is just to trap the target in battle, think of it as a cage

Thats why I think the last ROE (insta close) was the best one, why would we go all Hardcore but go back to rattle's and reno's for tagging and heavy hitters for finishing the battle. I don't get that.

• Like 4

Just now, katerholzig said:

makes sense

and since tagging ships are light ships with light wood they cannot resist many cannon balls anyway

I think you're missing my point

Think of the following scenario:
A group of four 3rd rates, together with one or two rattlesnakes, sail around, looking for trouble. They run into a hostile Constituion. Now, the Constitution would be easily able to outrun the 3rd rates, but not the rattlesnakes. However, the Rattlers can now simply pursue the Connie and tag it so they get into a battle instance. Inside the battle, the Rattlesnakes have absolutely no intention of fighting the Constitution, because, as you said, their job is to be fast and trap ships. So they would just escape in the battle instance. Meanwhile, outside, the main fleet, the 3rd rates, had plenty of time to spread around the battle, due to the boosted OW speed compared to the instance speed. After the Rattlesnakes in the battle escaped, they will just have to wait 15 minutes at tops for the Connie to get kicked out to OW. In this case the connie will also not get any invisibility timer, as it had more BR than the Rattlesnakes.
Don't see that working with the boosted OW speed, ever. Endresult screen was fine.

• Like 14

20 minutes ago, admin said:

Rum repair changed (due to previous pricing mistake) and now fixes 1 crew per bottle (instead of 10 crew per bottle as previously)

it`s gonna be difficult to sail into enemys water,because your ship is just overloaded,to slow and an easy target for everyone.

1 minute ago, admin said:

disinfection + drink + price issues
it was 6 per crew and should have been higher from the start. we either had to do this or increase sugar price 10 times. 

disinfection with the good rum? holy i'd kill me crew if i see someone pour rum onm there wounds

1 minute ago, rediii said:

same result. rattlesnakes leave the battle, in this time the big ships have atleast 3 minutes to get into gankposition

plus cuz of lower br the rattle got the invisible

and liquicity got u at the first time already ;)

• Like 1