Game-Labs Forum

USA Pirate Alts used to Raise hostility

Kawazz

This week we noticed that there were USA/Pirate Alts generating hostility which forced a port battle to be set for 4AM EST. This is a cheap move made by cheap people. Thanks for ruining the game!

Edit: Santo Domingo was the region.

Edited by koiz

24 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Hello koiz,

In order to address the case being presented can you possibly provide screenshots / videos regarding the supposed irregularity ?

I dont have sceenshots of a battle I didnt partake in. It comes down to this. We were the only ones working in the region and all of a sudden the hostility was being raised when we were set to wait for the following day. No one else was running missions we were in port. This is not the first time this has happened. Its possible it happened in Cap Francis too as there are many alts on the British side of things too. The ALT problems with this server are getting worse.

OK so he's pointing a finger in a specific direction.  Do you really think he's wrong that the player alts have caused and continue to cause a real issue, especially on a smaller server like pvp2?  It's always been a problem and always will be until there is a way to prevent it.

By the way, I don't complain about a lot on this forum, but this in my opinion is the biggest problem with this game.  It breaks the gameplay in so many ways.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

OK so he's pointing a finger in a specific direction.  Do you really think he's wrong that the player alts have caused and continue to cause a real issue, especially on a smaller server like pvp2?  It's always been a problem and always will be until there is a way to prevent it.

By the way, I don't complain about a lot on this forum, but this in my opinion is the biggest problem with this game.  It breaks the gameplay in so many ways.

And we appreciate your feedback. Everything is being read by the Dev team.

Another possible explanation of what might've happened, which was highlighted in a different part of the forum.

On 1/4/2017 at 0:53 AM, Bearwall said:

The tactic:

Make missions in the target area - enough to produce 50% hostility. Don't leave battlescreen before the warsupplies have been dropped. The points for hostility creation doesn't count before you leave battlescreen and thereby you avoid those nasty ppl who wants to prevent your hostility creation..

Basically supply bombing 2.0, and since they can be waiting in battlescreen until the supply drop occurs they could've started the mission so long ago that you wouldn't have noticed or could've done anything to prevent it.

Edited by Guest

44 minutes ago, Wind said:

You can not point fingers if you don't have a firm evidence. Unfortunately this applies to the real world we live in today as well.  

Yes I can.

When ALTS have been a problem in the past its enough to consider it.

However, there has been a pattern of battles being pushed to the early hours after restart. Its happened several times over the past month, at first it seemed to be because of the holidays and people playing at different hours but its clearly being used as a method against other nations. 

It's something that cannot be ignored.

This was posted by Mr @koiz complaining that pirates were using alts to generate hostility. I just want to chew this up for him as I didnt have a chance before topic was locked.

4 hours ago, Wind said:

You can not point fingers if you don't have a firm evidence. Unfortunately this applies to the real world we live in today as well.  

Yes I can.

When ALTS have been a problem in the past its enough to consider it.

However, there has been a pattern of battles being pushed to the early hours after restart. Its happened several times over the past month, at first it seemed to be because of the holidays and people playing at different hours but its clearly being used as a method against other nations. 

It's something that cannot be ignored.

Were you talking about Cap-Francais PB straight after DT last night?

No alts were used. We just timed it well so it suits us not you. DT is at 9pm NZ time and 7pm Aussie.

It took 1.5 hours for 7 of us to grind it to 100% right before DT. When this happens it drops down by few percentage after DT. We came back and did a little more grinding...errr hate this PVE crap... And voila there you have it.
Keep complaining like a kid in a sandpit. We never complained when you set all your port timers for 4am for Aussie/NZ and I had to change my sleep circle to kick your butts. Welcome to the PVP world. Grow up. Deal with it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, koltes said:

This was posted by Mr @koiz complaining that pirates were using alts to generate hostility. I just want to chew this up for him as I didnt have a chance before topic was locked.

Were you talking about Cap-Francais PB straight after DT last night?

No alts were used. We just timed it well so it suits us not you. DT is at 9pm NZ time and 7pm Aussie.

Yeah I know for a fact no alts were being used. A few of my clan were out there while the Pirates were attempting to cap. Privateer can most likely vouch this. He was sailing a L'Ocean and crushing everything that was in his path.

This should prob be moved to National News if one of the Mods for the forums want to move it for us.

That night we noticed US was grinding Danes region and we have had (BLACK CLAN) a long standing alliance with them since I even been a pirate.  They are the only nation we haven't been stabbed in the back by.   Since we know they been off playing other games we decided we will grind up Cap Francais and flip it when ever the US did the Danes region to make matching Port Battles to help them out.  We got a hold of them and let them know about the agro, but didn't get a response back until late that night.  When server maintenance went down both regions where at 100%.   When server came back up CF was at 88% as you loose 12% during server down time.  We noticed that SD was at 91.8% so we figured some one was grinding it still for flipping  it so I and a few other that where SEA/AUSS players stayed up to watch it.  Servers come back up for me at 3am.  SD flipped a little after 4 am putting it at the 3am time slot cause it's under the two hours windows.  When we saw this we went out and did two CURSE level missions and flipped CF to put it at the same time slot. 

You have a very big nation so any one could of came along and flipped that port.  If you did not want it to flip after server reset you should of gained 100% agro before 10pm CST (the cut off with current port battle times)  to give it a 8pm CST port battle time slot.  Something Devs need to fix.  Cause that means we can't have any port battles during US prime time which is 8pm to midnight CST.  Right now the latest is 6pm PST which most folks aren't even home from work or school yet.  The last few port battles flipped from US has been before 5-6pm CST.  The ones on Christmas day was noon.  So before you bitch about port times you need to think about the times you been flipping ports too.  5-6pm CST is great for PST east coast players which I hear Brits have a lot of and prob so does US.   

If SD was such an important port for US to flip ya'll should of flipped it and showed up with more than 4 guys.  Danes told us like 2 us and 2 dutch showed up for it, but ya'll where able to field 24 US/Brits (mostly brits) players at CF to defend it.  Good job we weren't even expecting that many folks to show up and was actually expecting ya'll to split and have the US/Dutch fight the Danes (think they had 10-12 show up but not sure).  I was told that the 4 popped in and than left when they saw the numbers that showed.  It wasn't any loss for us as it was an attack other than the two Connies we lost.   We kind of screwed up on the wind but it's a learning experience still as we don't have your numbers or the number of PB's y'all have done (taking hollow french ports) to get all the kinks worked out.  

http://imgur.com/gtHpueN 17 Pirates vs 24 Brit/Us at Cap Fran.

You don't want 3-4am battles than flip the ports early and not sit on the agro, or get your self more SEA/AUSS players.   It's a global server after all.  Not even sure why ya'll are complaining cause even with your little care bear alliance of the three largest nations ya'll can field almost a full team at any time of the day which we have yet to field even close to 20.  Most we gotten so far was 19 and that took a lot of calling and getting folks up at odd hours.   Which looks like ya'll did to as we haven't seen a few of those names in a long time.  Good job on the defense and getting the numbers on line.   

Now for my biggest complaint, these port battles are nothing but race to the circles and cap them.  As you can see only two guys where sunk.  I think that is the most so far other than the the one french guy getting sunk that has been killed in any of the new port battles on PvP2 there 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SirSamuelHood said:

'You can't point fingers without evidence'

'Yes I can'

oh boy 

The funny thing is we know they just war bombed kidds and they use an alt to make them at the port and than they trade them over to turn them in.  So if they want to bitch about alts they should prob make sure they clean house a bit also.  We don't complain cause that is part of the game and the alts aren't turning in the War Supplies themselves.  The problem is every time we use the actual game mechanics against them and out smart them on something. Like dropping a port battle the same time they did they cry fowl play with little to no proof.   In fact I made sure just now to explain what happened.  Well on our side of it.  The even more funny thing is that the three largest nations have been in an alliance and not fighting each other and they cry every time they get beat cause we are the better players.  Maybe if you spent less time complaining and more time learning the game you might win more.  Specially if you stop care bearing each other and fight each other you would get better at it.

• Like 2